A Forge World Christmas 2017: Congrats jlmb_123

jbaeza94

Brother jlmb_123, please check your messages. Info awaits you there

Thanks for everyone's kind words and, of course, jbaeza94 for organising this. I can't believe I've won something (you've already read about my 40k gaming experiences in this thread ...)! jbaeza and I'll let everyone know what I've chosen. Merry Christmas!

Back when GW released the DA Priscina campaign supplement (2nd or 3rd Ed.) I pulled the backpack of my metal captain (you know the one, storm bolted, power sword) and applied a banner pack with 3rd Co. Master Belials banner attached.

This small rectangle of paper turned generic SM Captain into an immortal, bullet sponge that soaked up significantly more firepower than his Iron Halo had any right to do. Every single battle after that banner was applied, he was not once removed as a casualty. My gaming groups aggravation peaked in a 2v1 match, my DA vs Guard and Necrons. On turn one of that match, determined to end Belials streak, both armies unloaded every single instant death weapon they had at him, resulting in my needing to roll 16 invulnerable saves.

Which I did, in one go, all 16 die.

The Belial rolled down the enemy lines, accounting for 3-400pts of the enemy, including The Nightbringer.

Best gaming moment of my life.

Hey everyone! jbaeza94 and I had a chat on the phone about what I'd like as a prize and I mentioned that I'm looking to buy a house soon and haven't got a huge amount of time to dedicate to modelling so I didn't want to look ungrateful having something nice sitting in a box and not being used. jbaeza94's generosity is, as we've all agreed in our posts, a lovely, festive gesture so I consequently decided that my prize, which he agreed with, rather than being Forge World, would be:

a donation to The Wallich, a Wales-based homeless charity, who run homeless shelters, are setting up a "Street Fleet" van service to support rough sleepers and, specifically to my town, a Young People's Project which houses 38 young people and supports them and others during and after their tenancy with the charity.

jbaeza94 ran this competition off his own back and out of his own pocket - if he doesn't mind me stealing his words - because he enjoys the B&C so much and wants to be able to give something back to the people who make it what it is. I'm sure you'll all join me in thanking him and I'd especially like to thank him for going along with my plan. The B&C's shared love of the grimdark will, thanks to jbaeza, help make life less grimdark for some people in desperate circumstances.

Happy Feast of the Emperor's Ascension / Merry Christmas to you all!

Jon

Thank you everyone for participating:)

I really enjoyed reading all of your stories, and I'm sure every ome else did.

Congratulations jlmb_123, you are this years winner !

Many thanks for the kind words from jlmb_123, and for his extraordinary selflessness. When given the opportunity to get something for himself, he thought about others less fortunate.

Once again thank you all for participating. I enjoyed reading everyone's stories. I'll be taking a break from DA for a minute, I got a bit of a bug problem if you know what I mean.they keep stealing my jeans. Haha. That army growth challenge has me excited. Hope to see you all for Forgeworld Christmas 2018 ;)

• 2 weeks later...