Curious about TTCombat terrain

Warpmiss

I've always played in a store or in a club some friends run so I've always had terrain on the table but I've been thinking about either buying or making my own terrain to be able to play at home or just have a nicer-looking place to display my minis.

GW's seem too expensive, though so I've been looking for cheaper options. I've run into TTCombat's terrains which are quite affordable but before I throw any money at it I decided it was better to ask for opinions. Do you have any experience with TTCombat's products?

I was thinking about getting their Ruin Sector pack:

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/82228-thickbox_default/ruin-sector.jpg

I've used their MDF paint racks and they're very sturdy. I imagine that the terrain wouldn't be too much different. You'll need to get some wood glue or PVA to keep them together but I've been pretty impressed with what I've seen so far. They also have a really nice burned wood smell for a couple of days :P

Those are good news! If the biggest problem is the smell I could just leave them outside for a couple of days. :D

What about painting them? Does MDF present any problems when it comes to painting?

Not specific to TTCombat but MDF scenery in general - it's very porous so soaks up paint. In other words you can get through a lot of paint very quickly. It's normally best to seal the wood before undercoating. I think the easiest way to do this is to give it a spray of of varnish and then undercoat, or thinned down PVA but that can be messy and clog detail. otherwise just use cheap undercoat and give it 2 or 3 coats. 

I am glad to hear all these good reviews, as I have ordered the bunker forebearer beacon and the ruined sector set.

Only issue is it is taking ages for element games to get them to me, ordered mid October expected arrival early December after 2 delays :(

@TheWeepingAngel sorry mate I am not sure of the name. I got rid of all the packaging after I built it and that was a few months ago. Believe it is the same building that is on top of the tiles in the first picture, that is a Primaris marine in front of it for scale if that helps :)