Collapsible gaming tables?

Jarl Caldersson

I've been looking for a gaming table that can be stowed easily. I have seen a some that cold in half but with bad reviews. I would love on that can do both 4x4 games and 6x4 games but it seems no one has made that before.

So what do you guys recommend?

I've been looking for a gaming table that can be stowed easily. I have seen a some that cold in half but with bad reviews. I would love on that can do both 4x4 games and 6x4 games but it seems no one has made that before.

Ikea has these small desk-plates with four legs you can screw in.

Cheap, sturdy, quick and easily stowed away. And Available in different sizes.

Just buy some clips with hooks at a hardware store, put them under the desk-plates and you can connect them.

(Also useful as buffet tables for parties and family dinners, etc. - if you need to convince your significant other)

Not sure if it's small enough for you and I've not fully researched it but I saw someone playing on a ping-pong table. It was a little larger than 6x4. I know they fold up and can get pretty small. Once life slows down and I get serious about putting a table in my place I'm going to see if that's a viable option.

Have you considered making one yourself? I imagine it will be far cheaper than buying a pre-built one from a store if you can get some wood for a decent price from a builders merchant. A simple fold in half 6x4 table shouldn’t be too difficult to make either but I guess that depends on how good you are at working with wood.

I intend on building one myself when I get the time, that has sides on so that I can place different gaming mats/tiles into it for variation in scenery/terrain.

Ikea has these small desk-plates with four legs you can screw in.

Cheap, sturdy, quick and easily stowed away. And Available in different sizes.

Just buy some clips with hooks at a hardware store, put them under the desk-plates and you can connect them.

(Also useful as buffet tables for parties and family dinners, etc. - if you need to convince your significant other)

Following up on that, I use a pair of  39 x 23 Linnmon tables with Adils legs fastened to an inch thick MDF sheet for my tables. It's more stable than just fastening the Adils legs to the MDF sheet, with a somewhat smaller extra cost Breaking it down does take a little extra work because of the size, but it does pack away smallish (small being relative, it is a 6x4 sheet, and there are 8 legs that have to be put somewhere, but it does work). In total it cost me about 150 dollars to build two 6x4 tables, but that price could be brought down with a little bit of forward planning, reinforcement of the sheet (the center section is gonna wanna bow if it's only an inch thick) and 5 to 6 Adils legs depending on how you lay out the legs and reinforcements.

I use two 5' X 4  12mm  MDF boards, and two painted Wilkinsons table cloth's which I’ve painted up like desert terrain.   This gives me a really modular setup, I can basically setup either 1 single, 2 Single or multiplayer game in our living room. I use our dining table as a central support and I’ve cut and made leg supports for each of the overhanging corners by countersinking screws into some 2X2 baton.  (Only needed in Full 10-foot wide mode)

Total cost about 30 quid, I got the local timber merchant to cut it for me on their band saw, and deliver it as well,   The reason to use 5x4 rather than 6x4  is it’s not possible to get a 6-foot wide board down my stairs.  (I sharp narrow corner )  Bonus Tip for storing these boards….and not irritating your other half 
Stash them Under a mattress above the slats or Divan, I use our spare room bed.  Out of sight out of mind I even bought a cheap ottoman storage box to store tterrain,n ,  unless your setting up for a game they might as well not exist.

Edited by synthaside