Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Broken Throne - Legio II - The Lightning Bearers

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,787 posts
  • Faction: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

While I wait for someone to review my work and for Sig to respond to my PM, I'll start dipping into rules. Blunt, do you have the LA rules ready?

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost

The Second Son: Narrative of the BOTL Vth Legion Primarch

Brotherhood of the Lost has arrived on Patreon

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
LA?

Humble scrivener - alternate Episode IX attempt now complete!

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,492 posts
Legiones Astartes

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
Ah. Those need copying from Insurrection and turning over to Grifft to see if he has any ideas for tweaks.

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts

Don't see a Rite of War in Insurrection.

Beren

Beren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,024 posts
Were any made for the Harbringers?

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts

There were, I just forgot the format of this PFD

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts

Think it should be good to copy over tonight/tomorrow. See how awake I feel.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
The Space Marines of the Emperor’s Legions are genetically engineered, psycho-indoctrinated warriors with superhuman abilities and minds and souls tempered for war. In addition each individual legion has its own idiosyncrasies and character - the product of their gene-seed and unique warrior culture.

The Harbingers are a Legion defined to a profound degree by their psychic gifts. From the foresight that many of them possess springs an affinity for intricate strategies. These are made up of rapid, yet precisely targeted attacks, targeting weaknesses an enemy might not even be aware of until the blade descends. The Legion’s warriors often channel foresight to become warriors of almost matchless potency, their blows and shots striking home almost as if ordained instead of aimed. Combined with Madrigal’s martial heritage and bounties of archeotech, the First Legion stand above all others in renown.

All models and units with this special rule are subject to the following provisions:
•Legion Astartes: All units with this special rule may always attempt to regroup regardless of casualties.
•Sorrow of Madrigal: For each Legion specific unit with this special rule that is completely destroyed bythe end of the game, award 1 additional victory point to your opponent.
•Battle-Scrying: All units with this special rule gain the Brotherhood of Psykers special rule with a Psychic Mastery Level of 1. However, unless stated otherwise, they may only attempt to cast the Divination Primaris Power: Prescience

LEGION SPECIFIC UNITS & WARGEAR
•In addition to those found in the Crusade army list, the Harbingers have access to the following additional units: Volta Terminator Squads and Oni Spectre Squads.
•Volta Terminator Squads may be taken as Elites choices for the army.
•Oni Spectre Squads may be taken as Fast Attack choices for the army

HARBINGERS UNIQUE RITE OF WAR: DESTINED ASSAULT
A hallmark of the Harbingers way of warfare was rapid assaults, planned using the Precognitive talents of the Legions Celestial Orders. Before battle was even joined, skilled Battle-Scriers could pinpoint specific targets whose capture or elimination would alter the outcome of the wider conflict. In essence, they identified the precise fulcrum around which a battle and victory could be wrested.

Effects
•Foresight: An army using this Rite of War may begin rolling for Reserves starting on turn 1, including flyers.
•Perfect Timing: An army using this Rite of War adds +1 to the Roll to decide who goes first or to seize the Initiative at the beginning of the game.

Limitations
•May not take an Allied Detachment.
•May not take any Fortifications.
•At the beginning of the game, at the same time that warlord traits and psychic powers are rolled for The Harbingers Player must select D3 additional Objects from the ’Predestined Objective’ list below. If the Objective is achieved, The Harbingers player earns an additional victory point, in addition to any claimed as part of the mission. If no ’Predestined Objectives’ are achieved, The Harbingers may not achieve victory in the battle, regardless of any other factors.

Predestined Objectives
•Slay Fated Enemy Hero: After deployment, nominate an enemy Hero, this may be their army's Warlord or a Character that counts as an HQ selection. To claim this Objective, you must kill that nominated Hero by the End of the Game.
•Halt Rampaging War Machine: After deployment, nominate an vehicle with more than 5 hull points. To claim this Objective, you must Destroy this war machine before the end of the game.
•Protect Sites of Import: During Deployment, you opponent must nominate 3 terrain pieces within their deployment zone at least 12” apart from one another. To claim this Objective you must end the game with a scoring unit within 6” of one of these sites.
•Delay Enemy Advance: To claim this objective, you must keep your opponent from successfully achieving the Linebreaker Objective.

Edited by bluntblade, 24 January 2018 - 05:25 PM.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,787 posts

So, I know Grifft posted an updated version of the LA rules the other day. Are they still being tweaked or are they ready?

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
Grifft knows, I don't

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

Oh, ok. I was under the impression that these were the rules you intended to use as they are the latest version that Athrawes wrote and you intended to stick with them. As such I only had a quick read through them to check balance (they seem fine) and didn't really attempt to come up with any alternative options. I can do so if you'd like?

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
I'd welcome it

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
From Book 2:

gallery_4536_13869_170781.png

Ist Legion Breacher Marine
Heida Yanada
172nd Company, 17th Maniple
The Hand of Thunder, Battle of Ysta

Legionary Yanada fought in three separate boarding actions during the Battle of Ysta, first aboard the Army ship Korrek’s Oath, then defending the Hand of Thunder against a valiant boarding attack by XXth Legion companies. His part in the battle ended with the seizure of the Ignis Titan-barque Cage of Fire, his squad having been amalgamated with another following casualties inflicted by the Predators.

Yanada is depicted wearing variant Mk III “Iron” armour, a mark favoured by the Ist Legion and continually manufactured for its breacher units on Akira.

Breacher shield

Akiran vibro-tokura The use of a breacher shield made wielding of the Ist Legion’s traditional katana impractical for Yanada and his fellows. Consequently their breacher units made frequent use of power fists, lightning claws or the tokura blade Yanada bears here.

Volkite charger

Edited by bluntblade, 03 February 2018 - 03:24 PM.

• simison likes this

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,814 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
I guess tonfas are getting trendy^^

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
Ain't a tonfa. They'd never work as breacher weapons.

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
  • Faction: The Iron Bears of Daer'dd.
I love it; my only critique, and this a total non issue, just the weapon nerd in me. The Tokura should have a forearm brace for stabbing motions, against armour it'd want to spin otherwise.
gallery_68351_7580_48424.png

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
Good point. I'll mention it to Algrim when he's free

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,787 posts

How are the rules coming along?

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
To be honest, I'm not certain. Was there something destabilising that Grifft found?

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,787 posts

I've spoken with Grifft. He found nothing wrong, but do me a favor and post the updated rules in this thread so I can properly go over them.

• bluntblade likes this

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,787 posts

Remember earlier when I was asking about the psyker-mundane ratio of the Harbingers? Well, it occurred to me that we might have a contradiction. We want to claim that there are so many psykers to warrant LA rules that are reflective of the Thousand Sons. Yet, their numbers suggest a much more 'standard' psyker ratio. 

So, I feel like one of these needs to go. Either the Harbingers have the numbers and LA rules that are less psyker dependent, or their numbers need to take a hit to justify the LA rules.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,743 posts
I'd go for the former.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,787 posts

I'd go for the former.

I'd also prefer that. And I'm sure you can find several people who would be more than willing to help you craft them, myself included.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,787 posts

While I'll leave it to Grifft to post the new draft of the LA rules, I'm going to give my overview of the Harbinger slots as they now stand.

For the requirements (Primarch, RoWs, and Relic), Icarion is here, but he needs to be buffed to 500. One RoW is accounted for, with another in reserve for potential Chaos Undivided shenanigans. And no relic. 

For the basics (1 wargear - 2 characters - 2 units), no wargear and only Raiden is present. Units (Volta and Oni) are accounted for. 

This leaves the supplementary slots of 4 completely open to use. Now, I know Athrawes wanted to add an enforcer unit to represent Icarion's empire.

However, for the rest, I want some ideas. I know you're not big on making rules, Blunt, but Grifft and I could use some fluff direction. Empyon could easily fill in one character slot, and Grifft has proposed a piece of wargear.

But, even if we add up all of the suggestions, that leaves us short one relic and three slots to use. What do you want to see, Blunt? 

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users