Thousand Sons and Forge World

Sonoftherubric21

Dunno if anyone noticed yet, but the Dreadclaw went down to 130. Drop in with a 9-man of Warpflamer Rubrics and a Sorcerer with Warp Time and melt some faces....or let it start on the table and time things so that you can Warp Time it forward after its first move. Might be a good way to use the 112 pt Exalted on foot. As a note, if you want to mix Daemon units and other TS troops, you can do so because the Dreadclaw allows units with the same <MARK OF CHAOS> keyword (i.e. "TZEENTCH") even if they don't have the same Legion.

Cheaper Contemptors are great, especially with dual Chainclaws to fill the assault niche or maybe a Butcher/Claw to avoid wasting their CC prowess. Dual Butcher Decimator is also nice....and can benefit from the Changeling.

This seems like a fun trick; sorcerer in dreadclaw, 9 man Rubricae unit in dreadclaw, flame pistol and 8x warpflamer (or warpflamer + soul reaper), drop a scarab occult unit after disembaring the units and sorcerer, pop cabalistic ritual to confirm the movement (3 sorcerers within 6, decent radius) and you are casting warptime on a 4+ on 2 dice. (Warp charge 6 I believe off hand) 

Allow the scarabs to fire into whatever; the rubrics immediately move up and roast 2-3 squads and charge a tiny portion of whats left. Efficient use of points? nah....but really spiteful and fun for a first turn drop that your opponent literally cant react to barring dispelling it through Deny the Witch. 

I’m so tempted to get a dreadclaw now!

130 is a hair overpriced; but not so much it cripples a list. at 200 they were INSANELY overcosted. 

At 130 It can drop off our dust boys, fly away and harass something else, and do pistol fire bursts (its fire attack is a pistol and hits everything within 6 and a dreadclaw is HUGE due to its claws so it hits alot) 

Watch as my drop pod eats one of your units! rofl. I think 115-120 is the perfect price point for it especially after the Chapter approved drop, but 130 isnt terrible so I will definitely use mine more. (added bonus access to a drop pod is hilarious in chaos armies)

130 is a hair overpriced; but not so much it cripples a list. at 200 they were INSANELY overcosted. 

At 130 It can drop off our dust boys, fly away and harass something else, and do pistol fire bursts (its fire attack is a pistol and hits everything within 6 and a dreadclaw is HUGE due to its claws so it hits alot) 

Watch as my drop pod eats one of your units! rofl. I think 115-120 is the perfect price point for it especially after the Chapter approved drop, but 130 isnt terrible so I will definitely use mine more. (added bonus access to a drop pod is hilarious in chaos armies)

Isn't it better to get a land raiders instead ? The drop will take a couple of turn to reach to front line but at least for 70 more points you get twin lasers shooting all around :)

Isn't it better to get a land raiders instead ? The drop will take a couple of turn to reach to front line but at least for 70 more points you get twin lasers shooting all around :smile.:

A land raiders full price point INCLUDING guns is 346. So theres a 200 point difference. between it and the fully equipped dreadclaw at 130. 

Land raiders have their place certainly, but the dreadclaw drop trick is quite funny. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can you give me some feedback to the Deredeo Dread? Since we struggle against hordes I am thinking about buying one and running it with the Butchercannon Array, Greater Havoc Launcher and Twin Heavy Bolter. That's a lot of long range dakka! And the Dorito Dread is somewhat durable with 14W and his 5++ (which we can buff to a 4++). He also gives us a reliable platform gainst flyers. 

But is he worth his 230-ish points? 

Can you give me some feedback to the Deredeo Dread? Since we struggle against hordes I am thinking about buying one and running it with the Butchercannon Array, Greater Havoc Launcher and Twin Heavy Bolter. That's a lot of long range dakka! And the Dorito Dread is somewhat durable with 14W and his 5++ (which we can buff to a 4++). He also gives us a reliable platform gainst flyers. 

But is he worth his 230-ish points? 

If you want to use FW to murder hordes, I suggest the Hellforged Sicaran. Assault 8 cannon with a bonus against FLY, plus triple Heavy Bolters, plus Havoc Launcher. It moves a fast 14"" (esp since the cannon can fire when Advancing), and clocks in at 201 points armed that way (Chapter Approved recently made the main cannon free). It can also charge in with WS 4+, and 4 Str 6 AP-3 D1 attacks and get one wound back on a 5+ for each model it kills.

Offsets the usual TS mobility problems, provides supplemental assault power, kills hordes and stuff with FLY, and takes an Elite slot, so it fits into many of the detachments we use without replacing a Predator. Good times.

If you want to use FW to murder hordes, I suggest the Hellforged Sicaran. Assault 8 cannon with a bonus against FLY, plus triple Heavy Bolters, plus Havoc Launcher. It moves a fast 14"" (esp since the cannon can fire when Advancing), and clocks in at 201 points armed that way (Chapter Approved recently made the main cannon free). It can also charge in with WS 4+, and 4 Str 6 AP-3 D1 attacks and get one wound back on a 5+ for each model it kills.

Offsets the usual TS mobility problems, provides supplemental assault power, kills hordes and stuff with FLY, and takes an Elite slot, so it fits into many of the detachments we use without replacing a Predator. Good times.

What do you think of the venator version with the malignas laser something?

The roll 3d6 and compare to leadership to wound mechanic makes it so that you wound ld8 tanks on something roughly equivalent to a 2+, and if you manage to kill at least one crappy infantry model with the pintle mounted heavy bolter(or any of the sponson weapons), the damage is 3d6 pick the two highest (8,46 on average), which seems quite impressing to me.

What do you think of the venator version with the malignas laser something?

The roll 3d6 and compare to leadership to wound mechanic makes it so that you wound ld8 tanks on something roughly equivalent to a 2+, and if you manage to kill at least one crappy infantry model with the pintle mounted heavy bolter(or any of the sponson weapons), the damage is 3d6 pick the two highest (8,46 on average), which seems quite impressing to me.

Sounds interesting, but I have no experience with it.