Get Ready For Chapter Approved

Why??? GW stated it was for both Loyalists and Chaos so I see no reason they wouldn't let you have access to the DG weapons since SW can access their unique weapons

Even though the new GW is grand and at I think is plenty of examples to draw the conclusions that SW players will be able to build frosty land raiders whereas chaos will be left with vanilla options.

However maybe now Mars will be able to build transports for thier own troops.

Well you can practically do whatever in open play so I see no reason why Chaos wouldn't get access to all their unique weapons they even said you could loot actual land raiders for your Orks if you so wished as wel as use the rules as guidelines for creating your own predator or bio creature it is called open play for a reason

However maybe now Mars will be able to build transports for thier own troops.

I suspect that the vehicle rules will only be for  the Land Raiders for now. There is  meant to be an Imperial Armour book: fires of cyrarus (Not spelt correctly) that is rumored to bring 30k AdMech vehicles into 40k.

Anyone have an idea on how big Chapter Approved is going to be, in terms of pages ?

Now I can have a Landraider covered in flamers for my Word Bearers. Yay!!

Yup, I always fancied a Redeemer for mine, I feel a new project crystallising.

A unit of fancy Terminators would go nice with a Flameraider... ;)

A Landraider kitted out with sonic weaponry would be nice as well. 

I can finally put together rules for my Land Raider Gladius design I created nearly a decade ago. Schweet! :D

The Land Raider Gladius is a rare variant of the mighty vehicle and six are known to exist within the Segmentum Obscurus. It consists of a twin-linked autocannon tank turret atop the Land Raider’s hull, with twin-linked heavy bolters on its sponsons and frontal turret. Troops cannot be deployed within the Gladius, due to the amount of ammunition needed to be stored, but it has proved to be an effective battle tank against masses of Orks and other xenos with light armour. Their use against power armour however, has not proven to be as effective, but the variant has stood its ground on more than one occasion during sieges and assaults against the forces of Chaos.

Should be fun to see what I can do, might need to remove the Twin-Autocannon Turret though...

Cambrius

While assault ramps are probably gone. After reading the article again it looks like we probably will be able to make really any vehicle.

and perhaps you could apply these rules to Predators or even Tyranid bio-beasts

if the rules are just a basic introduced through the land raider why couldn't it just be copy and paste to other "chassises" like rhinos, chimeras, or tyranid creatures. Assuming its not much more that a sort of mix and march for options.

Edited by Raven1

But your Primaris can't use them! Cheers!

Have you not heard the word "Open Play" you can do pratically whatever conversion you want giving it rules to suit so you could very easily create a land raider capable of transporting Primaris marines

And where does it says that you can change keywords?

I see open play there, but making stuff up its different than having guidelines.

Or else I'm sure no one will mind my Custodes Tribune 50 points with 2+ 3++.

But your Primaris can't use them! Cheers!

Have you not heard the word "Open Play" you can do pratically whatever conversion you want giving it rules to suit so you could very easily create a land raider capable of transporting Primaris marines
And where does it says that you can change keywords?

I see open play there, but making stuff up its different than having guidelines.

Or else I'm sure no one will mind my Custodes Tribune 50 points with 2+ 3++.

...You do realize house rules are encouraged in open play right?

Since its open play and we're being all willy nilly with the rules, I'm going to make my Chaos Land Raider have a portal inside of it to the Warp. This means anything in reserves can come in through the Land Raider and assault on the turn they arrive since they're disembarking from it. Edited by DuskRaider

Because its never going to be tight enough for Match play but guided open play? Spot on :D 

Having a chat with one of the rules writers back when 8th hit and saying VDR would be dead easy with separate vehicle and weapon points and he gave me a knowing chuckle back then :D Im hoping depending on reception land raiders is tip of the iceberg :)  

If I can have a plasma version of Hurricane Bolters then my life will be complete.

Alternatively, just give me 3 twin linked assault cannons and 2 Heavy Bolters in the front hard points and I'd be just as happy. I might even squeee.

Although I don't think there's space (the Primary sponsons seem larger than the single weapon hard point in the front) but did anyone soil their power armour over the thought of 4 Hurricane Bolters?

With a Twin Linked assault cannon, that's 60 shots within 12"... 

Edited by Captain Idaho

If I can have a plasma version of Hurricane Bolters then my life will be complete.

Alternatively, just give me 3 twin linked assault cannons and 2 Heavy Bolters in the front hard points and I'd be just as happy. I might even squeee.

Although I don't think there's space (the Primary sponsons seem larger than the single weapon hard point in the front) but did anyone soil their power armour over the thought of 4 Hurricane Bolters?

How cool would that be?! A bank of 6 plasma guns on either side! That is something I could get behind, Hell, id even mount more plasma if possible.... not the most effective gun, but rule of cool for me :P

How cool would that be?! A bank of 6 plasma guns on either side! That is something I could get behind, Hell, id even mount more plasma if possible.... not the most effective gun, but rule of cool for me :P

One of my original ideas for the Land Raider Ares was to have Hurricane Plasma Gun sponsons, and a Twin-Liked Plasma Cannon in place of the Assault Cannon, but for one reason or another (I can't remember why) it didn't happen. Would be fun to see it in the VDR though.