Design your Land Raider - C:SM edition

Lets see just to toss my silly designs into the mix. Quad-mortar and 2 Helios launchers on top with hurricane bolter sponsons for defense, its my artillery support Raider. Now to add silliness add two more Hurricane bolters and a pintle heavy flamer(just to discourage chargers :tongue.:). Cash me outside.

Lets see just to toss my silly designs into the mix. Quad-mortar and 2 Helios launchers on top with hurricane bolter sponsons for defense, its my artillery support Raider. Now to add silliness add two more Hurricane bolters and a pintle heavy flamer(just to discourage chargers :tongue.:). Cash me outside.

Rookie. Strap a thunderfire cannon to the front, strap a helios on the back (because that is the limit on top side additions with land raiders). Then modified some astartes grenade launchers to take larger, longer ranged loads and hurricane that SoB (sister of battle) and slap four of that booty bouncing betty behemoths to the raider and then you have the ultimate explosive launching nightmare!

2D3 or 2D6 shots from the helios (depending on vengeance castellan), 4D3 from the thunderfire cannon followed by 24 krak or frag grenades that gain rapid fire at half range! You want support? here's your support! Most land raiders are a signed letter. This one is more of a "To whom it may concern!"

Got CA in hand. Build-a-Raider is open play. Not only that, all main Chapters and Chaos got a named Raider that is limited to open play. For UM it is the Terminus Ultra. It is the same data sheet, only now with a big ‘Open Play’ stamp on it. While it does not address the Index unit, all points to the Terminus Ultra not being usable in matched play anymore.

Nope. UM, BA, DA, SW and Chaos. But those aren’t special in any way. All of those can be reconstructed with the build-a-Raider workshop. The only difference it makes is a flashy name and that UM seem to have lost the Terminus Ultra in matched play.

What is the special BA loadout?

Angel Infernus, aka take a Redeemer and stick two extra Heavy Flamers on it. Lines up with the chart. I take a Redeemer with 12 capacity, stick 2 HF on for -5 capacity and the Twin AC for -0 capacity. 7 Capacity total. As I said, there isn't anything unique about them outside of the name.

Ultras didn't loose access to the Terminus Ultra. It even received a points adjustment in that book.

See this is a bit of a problem because this book has a brand new datasheet for the Terminus Ultra, and it specifically says Open Play.

As per GW, new datasheet override the old ones - you have to use the most recent publication.

Yes, but it could be argued that it is different, as the custom Terminus Ultra is available to all chapters, but the Index Terminus Ultra is an Ultramarines exclusive, and so all chapters can use the former in Open Play, but only the Ultramarines can use the latter.

In the "Forge your own Land Raiders" thread, Syrakul proposed replacing a Knight suit's torso with a Land Raider chassis. I wrote rules for the proposed vehicle, which I named "Knight Conquistador," adding the line "As it is not, strictly speaking, a Land Raider, the Knight Conquistador's use soon spread to [a forge world's] Skitarii legions and the defenders of other worlds under the Adeptus Mechanicus' influence," so other armies can use it. Will anyone raise a fuss if Adepta Sororitas, Skitarii, and Tempestus Scions swarm out what is obviously not a Space Marine Land Raider, just a Land Raider-shaped box mounted atop a Knight suit's legs?

Not me! If you build it, then you can play with it because it's just a game. Go forth and have fun.

But I get free D6 Mortal Wounds on it before the game starts because crazy needs to learn a lesson :lol:

Not me! If you build it, then you can play with it because it's just a game. Go forth and have fun.

But I get free D6 Mortal Wounds on it before the game starts because crazy needs to learn a lesson :lol:

Why don't you give your own Chapters a couple of Knights Conquistador, so they can earn those Mortal Wounds?

Iron Hands Capt McBoatface: "I will not suffer your presence any longer, cowardly son of Corax!"

Raptors Capt Bannon: "I demand 0.454 kilogram of your flesh, as payment for this insult!"

Capt McBoatface (embarking a Knight Conquistador): "Come and take it!"

Capt Bannon (embarking his own Knight Conquistador): "Oh, we will."

Cue battle between the Knights, while the Iron Hands and Raptors Captains swing from their rappel lines like Armando Salazar and Jack Sparrow.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker