A new dynasty (So far un-named)

Urkh

Hey everyone! new to this part of the forum as normally I'm in the Black Templars section (Don't tell them i'm here). I have a decently sized collection of Templars, and decided recently to start some xenos. I picked up a Necron Warrior box, painted one of them up, and now want to share it with you guys!

I didn't want my Necrons to be the standard "everything is metalic" sort of look to them, so I went with a more traditional bone look. Walking skeletons inspire terror in their foes, and I wanted these guys to look as skeleton as possible. However, I wanted there to be a twist. I tried painting recesses in the joints/rib cages blue to give a feel of "energy is holding me together" sort of thing. I struggled with color to paint the gun, and my cousin suggested purple, so there it is. Some of the paints were a bit thick and needed to be watered down a bit more, but I am happy with my end result.

Here it goes! My first Necron:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ai4jGM3m5ICKhrd-FaPLcqOT6YnRYQ

Looking good! Great choice deciding to pick up Necrons. They may be in a bit of a bind right now but when their dex drops I'm sure they will be top tier again. Also, they have an amazing range of models. Some think that the warriors need an update but they are still top-notch sculpts imho. 

Looks good indeed! What color did you use, Ushabti (The thickness of it is certainly a factor in my guess.)? The purple was a nice complement to the bone. 

I agree with Aothaine, warriors are a good sculpt and all they needed was new 32mm bases. Flayed ones need a mould reset and a price drop. As it is I'm thinking about converting, and whooo-hee is that gonna be expensive, the way I'm planning it. Hope we get a new kit alongside the codex (actually several. We still have several resin kits that need updating).

Thanks guys! Painting these guys is going to be slow going, as time is short and I have so many things I'm doing right now.

One thing that is irking me though, is that I couldn't just link the image to this site like I used to do and have the image show up here. I looked at my Black Templars thread, and almost all the photos are replaced with a notification that says "you need to upgrade your account to enable third party hosting", and when I tried to host the pic the same way here, it says that those kinds of links are not allowed on this community. What can I do to get my pictures on my BT thread back, and how can I link so pictures show directly here?

That warrior looks good. Definitely stands out among other Necrons. I'm also curious about the paints you used.

With regards to the warrior sculpt, my only complaint is the heads. They don't need three contact points, and putting them on the cheeks is a huge pain.

for the paints, I used Ushabti, then washed with seraphin sepia. layered on Ushabti again, but ignoring recesses this time. I then highlighted with screaming skull. The blues are a base of Caledor Sky, then covering 50% of that with Teclis blue, then covering 50% of that with Lothern blue. For the gun I based with Naggaroth Night, then washed with Drakenhof Nightshade. I then layered Xereus purple, and highlighted with Genestealer purple. The green Is warpstone glow, to coelia greenshade, then warpstone glow again into moot green.