Road to LVO 2018

shanewatts

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, sorry for the late reply, been busy.

Rex and Greyfax make for a pretty good dispel team, Rex forward and greyfax midfield/backfield. Against offensive powers they did well, versus buffs my opponent usually made sure they were out of dispel range in order to prevent my denial.

I feel like they bring a lot to the table. Being able to deny overwatch or cause an extra casualty for morale with Terrify is strong (Denying overwatch from Hellhounds for Celestine = thumbs up hah.) Also in the heavy AM meta, being able to dominate tank commanders is pretty baller.

Sooo many Aggressors! :)

Looks like Eldar won 40K this year. Nearly identical lists seemed nearly undefeated...until they faced each other.

I imagine the Dark Reapers would have given Shane some problems if he saw them.

How are the aggressors doing?  Wondering how they fair as the only Primaris inclusion - rather different to all the other variants people use.

Great army shot btw - 3 Scorp's ... nice :smile.:

The Aggressors did work. They are really good at clearing enemy screens and being a deterrent for deepstrikes. Being able to pull a unit to my jump captain was always useful.

I didn't do as well this year as last year, and ironically enough another Deathwatch player running a slightly more fluffy list did better than I.

One of my losses was to eldar, and reapers were part of the problem but it was more than that. I got the first turn and deleted 2 of his reaper squads with my scorps (he still had a 10 man in a wave serpent and another 5 man hidden away.) What really did work for him was deepstriking in his shining spears, casting quicken (outside of my 24" deny from greyfax/rex), advancing them over my scout and aggressor screens, and assaulting (Using the saim haim strategem) the deredeo and all 3 scorps. Up until then I was super ahead in the game. I lost the game by 4pts or less if I remember correctly, so even with that it was close.

All of my games were pretty close, and the only army I fought that wasn't a meta list was an ork deathball (90 boys surrounded by KFF and painboy for mad durability and 2 weirdboys) with mek gun support and dakkajets. 

I can do a full breakdown later, still pretty tired from the event.

After the event I was a little bummed thinking about how I could have run almost the exact same list as Ravenguard with way more tools and advantages. I might take a break from Deathwatch for a few events prior to a codex, but I will certainly keep everyone informed with what I learn.

I feel ya on the DW versus Vanilla marines. Not much point in a competitive environment

I feel like this will change when the codex drops, but just as with DA/BA previously and SW currently, it's just a matter of patience while GW catches them up.