HH Slaves to Darkness - cover art

helterskelter

This is the one that goes into the traitor Primarchs? Is this a full length or shorts? Either way excited French is doing this. His shorts like the Warmaster is one of my favorites. Haven't listen to Dark Compliance (waiting as a read). This will be in good hands.

PS. I thought that was some weird Monet art below and realized it was just the outside via a window ha ha..

That cover seems familiar. Perhaps the one used on the second part of Vengeful Spirit in the two-volumes French and German editions.

The very same as volume one, yeah. Slightly adjusted to keep that critical topknot.

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/558463FRVengefulSpiritVol1GTPB.jpg

This is the one that goes into the traitor Primarchs? Is this a full length or shorts? Either way excited French is doing this. His shorts like the Warmaster is one of my favorites. Haven't listen to Dark Compliance (waiting as a read). This will be in good hands.

PS. I thought that was some weird Monet art below and realized it was just the outside via a window ha ha..

It's a full length novel. So far we have seen no other info posted except that it's got all the Traitor Primarchs except Curze and set "Post Beta Garmon".

Anyone who attended who could give some more info about this very interesting looking book?

Love the art but mildly disappointed that they didn't do new art for a brand new numbered HH novel (unless the cover is just a placeholder). French does Traitors well so I'm looking forward to this.

It does say cover art not final, and if they use it they’ll have to do new art for the French/German editions as they’ve used this art there before. I’m guessing we’ll get something new.

I know, but there have been numerous instances where 'cover art not final' didn't indicate any incoming change, although it's a fair point regarding the French/German editions of VS. You're very likely right, although I could see them using it again because of the lack of exposure this piece has had (and it is a gorgeous cover). We'll have to wait and see.

Bit more information here:

http://ageofwarhammer.blogspot.de/?m=1

We were however given some great hints as to what we can expect. They advised us that John French is working on a novel called Slaves to Darkness. This story will be the final one before the push to Terra, and it will involve Horus gathering all his forces and allies for the final push. This book will be a who’s who of traiter Primarchs, containing all of them apart from Konrad Curze. The Ultramarines will make appearances as they attempt to slow down the advance of Horus. We were advised that Chaos will also make a contribution to this novel as the bargains that certain Primarchs have made with them are explored.

Uh oh...Ultras are gonna get it worse than they did at Armatura

That said, I'm interested in how all the Traitor primarchs are gonna get featured meaningfully in one novel. I have hope as it's French.

Also, I'm assuming the description means all except

Curze (jettisoned into the void by Sang) and Alpharius (brained by Dorn's giant chainsword)

Very excited to read it if it's going to be a full-length novel and not just some short stories put together. I just hope each Primarch in it gets to be in spotlight without turning it into a mess of a book.

It's a shame Curze won't be in it but if we are getting some character development for Mortarion I'll be more than happy.

Iirc the fall of the Death Guard is still getting its own novel. I am very very tired though.

There haven't been any reports about a Fall of the Death Guard novel being mentioned at the Weekender, which seemed a bit odd.

So anything you can recollect would be good.

Archived