The beginnings of a Grey Knights army

John Thompson

• 3 weeks later...

So, with the "2018 crash" now over, I can finally post pics of my finished Stormhawk Interceptors:

8w7zcMf.jpg

5YiqOKj.jpg

Currently on my desk is my unit of 5 Paladins, which still need their heads and weapons done. After that there's only my Grand Master Dreadknight left to do to finish off a 2000 point army!

Hi Bjorn, I have yet to decide what I want to do for squad markings and things like that. When I do think of what to do, I'll be adding that to the entire army in 1 go, including symbols on the vehicles.

I've printed some decals for it and got me  a set of Micro Sol/Set, so I'll be doing a test sometime in the near(ish) future, to see how that works.

Last weekend saw me finish my Paladin Squad; 4 Paladins with Falchions and a Paragon with a Hammer. Going to name the Paragon Marcus Carnelius, so het can be called M.C. Hammer.

JJXCyM3.jpg

X6yLTQd.jpg

Last but certainly not least on my painting-table is a (somewhat converted) Grand Master is Dreadknight.

Thanks Bjorn!

Here's a WIP picture of the Dreadknight GM that I'm working on:

JW1s05R.jpg

Obiously still work in progress, I have a banner to hang between the DK's legs to fill up that gap a bit. Also seperate are his shoulderpads, the shoulder shield, GM's head and a whole bunch of purity seals and a book.

Did you use Voldus for that? :laugh.:

Awesome kitbash though and paint job :thumbsup:

Sure did! The front half of his upper torso and loincloth, aswell as his (now seperate) head come from Voldus.

He's a big boy, If he wants to confiscate a suit Dreadknight armour, I'm sure he can arange it..

Another WIP update on the Grandmaster! Since there pictures were taken under a lamp instead of in daylight, they aren't of the best quality.

So far, I've added his head, loincloth/banner and a bunch of purity seals to him and painted up pretty much everything else. Mostely though, I painted the blade of his sword and added some 'psychic' to his Psilencer (as the weapon is described to fire psychic mind-bullets, I don't really like putting heat-staining to those barrels)

All that needs to be done now, is the sword-hilt, some grass on the base and some minor detailing around (like the metal corner edges on the book on top of his shoulders and the grey bits where I cut the purity seals off of the sprues).

KogO1JG.jpg

kbu3W7X.jpg

FXsAtVm.jpg

Good news everybody! 

I have finally decided on what to do as squad markings and it is to keep it simple and neat. As I like the focus of the models to be on the weapons and helmets and not on the shoulderpads, this seems like a good idea to me.

So. Handpainted nubers it is:

Markings2

Markings3

Markings7

Markings10

I have numbers 1-3 for my 3 Strike squads, 7 for my Interceptors and 10 for the Purgation squad. This leaves me with enough room to add more units of each type and still keep the numbers uniform.

Te Paladins all have the inquisitorial 'I' on their shoulders:

MarkingsI

Lastly, I've begun work on the first Razorback and added a Grey Knight  symbol to a side door. This symbol will be repeated on all the Razorbacks and on the airplanes aswell. After that, I will do some more decorations on some of the flat area's of the vehicles.

MarkingsRB

Thanks for watching!

Hi people!

Another weekend, another something done on my Grey Knights!

This time it was time for some decorations on the Razorbacks, as they were mostely unmarked. They needed to at least bear the GK chapter symbol.

So, now they all have that on 1 of the side doors and another pretty picture on another part, just to spice things up a little.

MarkingsRB

MarkingsRB2

MarkingsRB3

MarkingsRB4

MarkingsRB5

MarkingsRB6

Currently working on doing the same to my 2 Starmhawk Interceptors.

To be continued!

Thanks guys! 

To be fair; the basis of all of these were transfers printed from the transfersheets here on the B&C, printed on transfer paper. But after that, I painted over all of them (they aren't very visible with the darkish paint under them). But in the end, every bit of the transfers are painted over, nothing is visible anymore form the orriginal transfers.

I'll take a before and after picture of the transfers on the Stormhawks, to show how little of the orriginal is left.

Archived