Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 Points Alaitoc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,501 posts

Alaitoc Battalion
103 HQ Autarch Skyrunner (Warlord), Laserlance, Banshee Mask
45 HQ Spiritseer, Runes of Battle

72 Troops 6 Rangers
124 Troops 10 Avengers, Exarch with dual catapults
60 Troops 5 Avengers, Exarch with Dire Sword and Pistol
134 Transport Wave Serpent with 3 Shuricannons

225 Elite 5 Wraithguard with D-Scythes
200 Elite 5 Wraithguard

210 Flyer Hemlock Wraithfighter with Spirit stones
Runes of Battle

Alaitoc Spearhead
100 HQ Farseer + Witchblade, Runes of Fate

160 Heavy Fire Prism with twin shuricats
160 Heavy Fire Prism with twin shuricats
138 Heavy 5 Dark reapers, Exarch with EML

1999 Total

7 CPs

I tried this list out against the new Tyrannids and it did very well so I have applied a few tweaks and put it here. The Spiritseer will normally take Protect/Jinx and the Farseer Guide + Doom although i have the option of varying that from one opponent to the next. The Hemlock will probably take Horrify for extra Ld shenanigans.

My default Relic will normally be the Shimmerplume on the Autarch. He is punch enough to finish damage units or solo small squads like Deep strikers.

I have the option of putting a squad like the Wraithguard in the Webway and deploying them alongside a Spiritseer with the Alaitoc relic instead if the opponent has a nice juicy target that I can one-shot on Turn 1 but in general I have been happy with having  a mostly mechanised force.

The army works fairly simply by trying to maintain distance and out-shoot the enemy making full use of my -1 to Hit. Against very assaulty CC armies (like Nids) the army forms up to provide a layered defense around my firebase of Reapers and Fire Prisms. The Wave Serpents and Wraithguard can both take a hit in close combat without shattering and then Withdraw while still being able to shoot.

Against shootier opponents, I can send the Wave Serpents forwards supported by the Hemlock to unload a couple of tough units into the enemy and hopefully do enough damage to achieve local superiority.

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Bumpinator

Bumpinator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
I think troops in this edition are pretty bad, at least in my meta. They die extremely quickly and never get to hold an objective for more than a turn. I also think your wave serpents need at least vectored engines so they become-2 to hit from ranged attacks. This is the list I've been running and had a lot of success with.

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [17 PL, 315pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Saim-Hann: Wild Host

+ HQ +

Farseer [6 PL, 100pts]: 3. Fortune, 4. Executioner, Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade

Farseer Skyrunner [7 PL, 140pts]: 2. Doom, 4. Executioner, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Warlock Skyrunner [4 PL, 75pts]: 4. Protect/Jinx, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [38 PL, 631pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Saim-Hann: Wild Host

+ HQ +

Autarch Skyrunner [6 PL, 139pts]: Fusion Pistol, Reaper Launcher, The Novalance of Saim-Hann, Twin Shuriken Catapult

+ Fast Attack +

Shining Spears [10 PL, 126pts]
. 3x Shining Spear: 3x Laser Lance, 3x Twin Shuriken Catapult
. Shining Spear Exarch: Star Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Shining Spears [10 PL, 126pts]
. 3x Shining Spear: 3x Laser Lance, 3x Twin Shuriken Catapult
. Shining Spear Exarch: Star Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Vypers [12 PL, 240pts]
. Vyper: Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [55 PL, 1054pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Alaitoc: Fieldcraft

+ HQ +

Spiritseer [3 PL, 45pts]: 1. Conceal/Reveal, Shuriken Pistol

+ Troops +

Guardian Defenders [5 PL, 95pts]: 10x Guardian Defender
. Guardian Heavy Weapons Platform: Shuriken Cannon

+ Elites +

Wraithguard [11 PL, 225pts]: D-scythe, 5x Wraithguard

+ Heavy Support +

Fire Prism [9 PL, 175pts]: Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones

+ Dedicated Transport +

Wave Serpent [9 PL, 164pts]: Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Star Engines, Twin Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines

++ Total: [110 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users