Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mortitat mini in 40k

Moritat 40k

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

LordVelype

LordVelype

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 609 posts
  • Chapter Name: Twilight Wardens

Hey lovely drill-wielding and scrap-glueing folks,

I got a (like mostly a bit) theoretical question. I really like the Moritat model from the Space Marine legions line from a design stand point.

It´s really quite unique I guess, the "patched" armour and `practical` look is really one-of-a-kind within available SM´s. 

What could he be? How difficult would it be to convert him to a playable character? I was thinking of a HQ maybe a captain with jump-pack...

Has anyone bought the kit and knows about the different pieces? 

I think I would rather buy the version with the plasma-pistols, because the vulkites aren´t usable in 40k (correct me if I´m wrong please).

The dualgun- thing seems a bit tricky do you think there  is a load-out which you could proxy with two guns, which wouldn´t be too far-fetched? 

Alot of questions I know, I don´t know where to begin really, but I think I won´t to buy him at one point (and not build a whole 30k army around him...ermm.gif ?

Thanks for any answers, brothers and sisters!happy.png

Links for reference: 

1.) https://www.forgewor...-Plasma-Pistols

2.) https://www.forgewor...olkite-Serpenta

Edited by Major_Gilbear, 24 November 2017 - 12:35 PM.

"I am starting to find you rather hot, mortal... wub.gif "

Shewhothirsts, to LordVelype

Pentharian

Pentharian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 262 posts
I can't find a good image of the Moritat's backpack. But I think the model looks friggin' awesome. Totally usable as a Captain HQ or something similar. I personally would go with the Volkite version, as the power connectors and hilt of the pistols looks better in my opinion.

What i would do, to make it something you actually could take on the field, is cut the 'barrel' of the Volkite just behind the 'bolts' on the front end, and then attach appropriate nozzles for what you would typically run your dual-pistol captain with. One is required to look like a Bolt Pistol variety thing, while the other could easily be a plasma pistol or some such.

Another possibility is that this could be an Inquisitor, with a Bolt Pistol and Inferno Pistol. It could easily explain the different look in the armor that way.

Yet even more alternatively, could run it as Cypher - since he's a model that has above-average dual pistols baked into his datasheet. Obviously would not synergize the same, but I dunno how you have your Marines set to go.

eclipse.png

Damo1701

Damo1701

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,651 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ravenguard
I've used mine as a lieutenant with Combi-plasma and chainsword.

Great model, fairly simple to convert too.
Talons_Reach_MC.jpgOsHHotE.jpgDamo_RG_Tag.pngHHot_H_Damo1701.jpg

rendingon1+

rendingon1+

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 829 posts

Get another 2-3 and use them as better looking primaris jumppackplasma (I can't remember how they're called).

LordVelype

LordVelype

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 609 posts

Thanks for the answers so far, guys! 

@ Pentharian: He has a Mark IV- jumppack (if jumppacks have marks I don´t really know, but you see those mostly at MarkIV guys and some Blood Angel units...) 

Hmm, I don´t know, if I get the Plasma-pistol version, I would at least already have a plasma-pistol for this HQ. Not that bad, right? 

A power weapon on one arm would make sense, I guess. But the thing is the dual pistols look so good! tongue.png

I didn´t think of Cypher yet tbh...

It would be very unlikely, that I make him an Inquisitor, because he looks too much like a Marine to me. The `strange` armour would be actually the selling 

point to me.... I think it could be very likely a special kind of artificer armour, I think. 

@ Damo1701: I will think about that!

@ rendington1+: Na, Primaris in non-primaris armour...Probably not happening. I would also have to give them all different poses. :P 

NiceGuyAdi

NiceGuyAdi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 279 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raven Guard
Veteran sergeant for dual plasma pistol wielding vanguard vets would mean you need minimal/no conversion. Then it comes down to whether you want to use such a nice centrepiece model for a squad member?
  • LordVelype likes this

HHotH_NiceGuyAdi.jpg?raw=1 ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpg gallery_6494_6331_8260.png

16 Years Lost in the Eye of Terror - my Raven Guard WIP

Galron

Galron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 901 posts
  • Chapter Name: main Iron Warriors
I fielded one in my Alpha Legion as a former Moritat Chaos Lord who still used twin plasma pistols and a jump pack. This was early in the edition and I kept forgetting he could shoot in melee. He didn't do half bad.
  • LordVelype likes this

Yes, I am here all the time because this is the last 40k forum I can access from work. You would think they wanted me to do work or something....

LordVelype

LordVelype

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 609 posts

Veteran sergeant for dual plasma pistol wielding vanguard vets would mean you need minimal/no conversion. Then it comes down to whether you want to use such a nice centrepiece model for a squad member?

Vanguard Vets can use two plasma.pistols, eh? (I don´t have any codices/ indexes I must confess...) 

Edited by LordVelype, 22 November 2017 - 09:56 PM.

NiceGuyAdi

NiceGuyAdi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 279 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raven Guard

Yup: two items from the melee weapons and/or pistols list.

• LordVelype likes this

HHotH_NiceGuyAdi.jpg?raw=1 ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpg gallery_6494_6331_8260.png

16 Years Lost in the Eye of Terror - my Raven Guard WIP

LordVelype

LordVelype

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 609 posts

Anyone got a pic of his Moritat mini as it is used in 40k? :)

TheEyeOfNight

TheEyeOfNight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Flayed Legion

Go Chaos and take him as a Chaos Lord or Exalted Champion ;)

LordVelype

LordVelype

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 609 posts

Go Chaos and take him as a Chaos Lord or Exalted Champion msn-wink.gif

Or Raptor Champion. 

But probably not gonna happen when I get one. msn-wink.gif

• TheEyeOfNight likes this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,058 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sanguine Eagles, Death Guard

Get another 2-3 and use them as better looking primaris jumppackplasma (I can't remember how they're called).

Was actually thinking of doing a unit very much like this; counts-as Plasma Inceptors that are essentially a squad of Moritats/Destroyers

gallery_84244_13371_906.png gallery_84244_13422_1322.png gallery_84244_13956_2427.png gallery_84244_13422_1754.jpg gallery_84244_11417_12782.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Moritat, 40k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users