Mortitat mini in 40k

Hey lovely drill-wielding and scrap-glueing folks,

I got a (like mostly a bit) theoretical question. I really like the Moritat model from the Space Marine legions line from a design stand point.

It´s really quite unique I guess, the "patched" armour and `practical` look is really one-of-a-kind within available SM´s. 

What could he be? How difficult would it be to convert him to a playable character? I was thinking of a HQ maybe a captain with jump-pack...

Has anyone bought the kit and knows about the different pieces? 

I think I would rather buy the version with the plasma-pistols, because the vulkites aren´t usable in 40k (correct me if I´m wrong please).

The dualgun- thing seems a bit tricky do you think there  is a load-out which you could proxy with two guns, which wouldn´t be too far-fetched? 

Alot of questions I know, I don´t know where to begin really, but I think I won´t to buy him at one point (and not build a whole 30k army around him...:ermm: ?

Thanks for any answers, brothers and sisters!:happy.:

Links for reference: 

1.) https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/Legion-Moritat-with-Plasma-Pistols

2.) https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/Legion-Moritat-with-Volkite-Serpenta

Edited by Major_Gilbear

I can't find a good image of the Moritat's backpack. But I think the model looks friggin' awesome. Totally usable as a Captain HQ or something similar. I personally would go with the Volkite version, as the power connectors and hilt of the pistols looks better in my opinion.

What i would do, to make it something you actually could take on the field, is cut the 'barrel' of the Volkite just behind the 'bolts' on the front end, and then attach appropriate nozzles for what you would typically run your dual-pistol captain with. One is required to look like a Bolt Pistol variety thing, while the other could easily be a plasma pistol or some such.

Another possibility is that this could be an Inquisitor, with a Bolt Pistol and Inferno Pistol. It could easily explain the different look in the armor that way.

Yet even more alternatively, could run it as Cypher - since he's a model that has above-average dual pistols baked into his datasheet. Obviously would not synergize the same, but I dunno how you have your Marines set to go.

Thanks for the answers so far, guys! 

@ Pentharian: He has a Mark IV- jumppack (if jumppacks have marks I don´t really know, but you see those mostly at MarkIV guys and some Blood Angel units...) 

Hmm, I don´t know, if I get the Plasma-pistol version, I would at least already have a plasma-pistol for this HQ. Not that bad, right? 

A power weapon on one arm would make sense, I guess. But the thing is the dual pistols look so good! :tongue.:

I didn´t think of Cypher yet tbh...

It would be very unlikely, that I make him an Inquisitor, because he looks too much like a Marine to me. The `strange` armour would be actually the selling 

point to me.... I think it could be very likely a special kind of artificer armour, I think. 

@ Damo1701: I will think about that!

@ rendington1+: Na, Primaris in non-primaris armour...Probably not happening. I would also have to give them all different poses. :P 

Veteran sergeant for dual plasma pistol wielding vanguard vets would mean you need minimal/no conversion. Then it comes down to whether you want to use such a nice centrepiece model for a squad member?

Vanguard Vets can use two plasma.pistols, eh? (I don´t have any codices/ indexes I must confess...) 

Edited by LordVelype

Get another 2-3 and use them as better looking primaris jumppackplasma (I can't remember how they're called).

Was actually thinking of doing a unit very much like this; counts-as Plasma Inceptors that are essentially a squad of Moritats/Destroyers