Crimson Fist shoulder pads color?

John Jones

I've always thought they should - the Rynn's World novel specifically mentions Cortez' Fourth Company having green shoulder trim.

Personally, I've always gone with the Third because I think red trim looks very nice on CF.

It's purely an aesthetic decision. Personally, I've never liked the shoulder pad rims being colored to denote company affiliation, and Insignium Astartes and the Index Astartes article for the Crimson Fists indicated that the Chapter didn't [normally] use that method. A couple of other sources (Battle for Rynn's World and at least one image that I can think of) have used that method, though, which follows the information in Insignium Astartes which states that Chapters/companies/detachments might actually change their methodologies in order to confound the enemy (not the exact words of the book, mind you).

Whether or not the Crimson Fists have officially adopted this practice since the return of Roboute Guilliman has not been prescribed in official canon that I know of, so that gives hobbyists the freedom to follow whatever scheme they want.