Ultramarine Successor: The Roaring Lions

Aothaine

So, a bit off topic. My favorite house in Game of Thrones is The Lannisters. So I was just browsing around to determine how I want to paint my "Only Primaris" chapter and I found something awesome!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/4MKSLKR2S/roaring-lions-gen7-standard-shoulder-x10?optionId=57342386&li=marketplace

https://www.shapeways.com/product/2AFPRDQ25/60x-roaring-lions-shoulder-insignia-pack?optionId=63058195&li=marketplace

Been looking all over at Ultramarine successors and have not really enjoyed what I saw. I really like this icon. Not sure who designed it or used it. But I hope they don't mind if I re-brand it a bit.

Going to be ordering a set of these this weekend to see how they fit on the Primaris. I'll get him all painted up and beautiful in a week or two. To post here. Still trying to figure out what kind of paint scheme I want. I'll grab some pictures from the army painter if everyone doesn't mind giving me their input. Love the White on Blue and Blue on White with gold on first company. 

Do successor chapters have to follow the same coloring as their parent chapter?

Nope, successor chapters can have whatever coloring they decide to have. As long as the coloring and heraldry are unique to them (with some exceptions due to administration oversights), it's good.

Take the Imperial Fists as an example. Yellow armour, and their most well known successors are black and dark blue, respectively.

I'll be honest though, part of me wants them to be black, green, or bone to hint at false Dark Angels lineage :-D