Chapter Approved leak/rumour

Panzer

Finally some rumours for us for the upcoming Chapter Approved book!
http://natfka.blogspot.de/2017/11/chapter-approved-details-tau-orks-and.html

Tau
Warlord Traits
1. re-roll failed to hit rolls if they have if they have not moved this turn
2. the Warlord can advance and shoot as if it had not moved
Relic- 1 time per game, you may re-roll a single hit roll, wound roll, or damage roll for the bearer or a unit within 6". Also each time a stratagem is used by opponent, roll a d6 and if a 6 is rolled, gain 1CP
Stratagem- use when an enemy unit is hit by a marker light, gain d3+1 markerlight counters next to the unit.

If you ask me tho it's pretty underwhelming.

One Warlord Trait supports a static gunline playstyle which I personally hate (and already gets supported enough with the Commander ability and the Ethereal aura), the other is pretty pointless for the most part since HQs are already hitting on 2+ (3+ after advancing). It's only about 3.5" more range usually after all. Maybe if the Coldstar had more interesting weapon options to utilize his 40" advance.

The Relic is crap. A one-use only item that allows you to re-roll a hit roll (basically useless with BS2+ and Markerlights), a to-wound roll (okay-ish on Fusion Blaster) or a damage roll (okay-ish on D1d6 weapons). Oh and it gives you 1CP back whenever an opponent uses a Stratagem and you roll a 6 which is incredibly unreliable.

The best use I can think of would be for a nearby HRR Broadside and it's basically useless for almost everything else.

The Stratagem is the only gem here. A free two Markerlights when you hit with at least one Markerlight and you can decide to use the Stratagem after you shot? Awesome! Instantly makes you go from re-roll 1s to re-roll 1s, shoot Missiles at users BS and ignore movement penalties!

That one alone could make it viable to play big Suits without Target Lock (so the Dakkakeel could take ATS+ShieldGen/VT/Stim instead!), to use Marker Drones instead of Pathfinder if one wants to (hitting with at least one BS5+ light would give you way more than before) and would make it WAY more likely to reach the magical 5 Markerlight threshold where we suddenly begin to shoot good again!

So it seems we don't get any point adjustments in the CA except for some few FW units. Extremely disappointing. Lets hope the Codex comes earlier than March as the latest rumour said.

Also the FW Hammerheads are down to 117p which is still too much compared to other tanks unless the Railgun etc. get a proper point decrease as well imo.

The person leaking the CA point changes mention that the Tau Codex was next after Chaos Daemons. They also mentioned that Death Company has the Khorne Berzerker rules for activating twice in the fight phase. So we can see if that pans out when the BA codex gets released.

Yeah I know. I just hope "next" doesn't mean "wait 2 months".

I still like my T'au....it just really isn't fun to play with them anymore when seeing how great the Codexes turned out. I played a small game with some Emperor's Children a few weeks ago (650 points iirc) and had more fun than I had playing with T'au the past 10 games or so.

Well I will buy the book for the other stuff anyway and I do expect an Errata with potential point changes all over again coming shortly after the Codex release so that's not really something I was worrying about to be honest.

Take solace in the fact when the Tau codex drops, there won’t be a book to buy two months later invalidating a quarter of the rules and points in it.

Well, supposedly Chapter Approved is going to be every 6 months instead of annually, so...
No, the Chapter Approved is annually. However there will be another thing with point changes mid-year.

Take solace in the fact when the Tau codex drops, there won’t be a book to buy two months later invalidating a quarter of the rules and points in it.

Well, supposedly Chapter Approved is going to be every 6 months instead of annually, so...
No, the Chapter Approved is annually. However there will be another thing with point changes mid-year.

o.O

another point change thing?

GW really has to make chapter approved, the digital version free, then make a limited physical book, for 25$ =/

o.O

GW really has to make chapter approved, the digital version free, then make a limited physical book, for 25$ =/

That's what I've heard at least. And yeah the point changes should be free. I mean once they release their list building app it'll be basically free anyway so why not give us a free download right now already.

o.O

Also if you have the digital version of the codex, it gets the points/rules updates included in it. ie the CA changes will show-up in the digital version of your codex once published.

Word is that the GW army builder is soon incoming.

That GW list builder app has 20$ plus subscription fee written all over it I’m fearing...

Back to topic, it is good to see marker light stratagem. Makes me more excited to see what our codex does to bring it into line with the current ones.

Edited by USNCenturion

That GW list builder app has 20$ plus subscription fee written all over it I’m fearing...

Back to topic, it is good to see marker light stratagem. Makes me more excited to see what our codex does to bring it into line with the current ones.

Nah, the AoS app doesn't have such a subscription fee either. All will be good. :)

Also there's still Battlescribe if you trust them getting the points right. ;)

Yeah the Markerlight Stratagem is gold. It's on average two free Markerlight hits. I'm extremely sad about not getting updated points in the CA and the other stuff being crap but that one Stratagem might make me have a little bit more fun playing T'au again. If not...well the BA Codex is about to get released. :D

• 4 weeks later...