Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Craftworld have you been playing?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Wolf Priest Redbeard

Wolf Priest Redbeard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
And to what success?
So far Ive only played Ulthwé and I am enjoying it. Its not crazy powerful but a couple of sixes here and there have a nice addition to my fragile space elfs. The Warlord Trait to regain CP at the start of each turn is nice aswell. I got 3 extra in my last match.

ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_03A_Custos_Fidei.jpg

gallery_17224_3068_874.pnggallery_17224_3068_108.gifIf dolphins are so smart, howcome they live in igloos?

Marshal Wolfhart

Marshal Wolfhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 424 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I've run with Ulthwé so far and am pretty much in the same boat. The stratagems are awesome, the CP on 6 warlord trait is underwhelming and the smite relic is mostly useless as i'd rather go for the wing or w/e. But especially the farseer and warlock stratagem really help, as well as the guardian specific ones. I'll dabble into the other traits once i get more games in, but i can totally see myself sticking with Ulthwé.

No pity.

No remorse.

No fear.

gallery_72918_14801_46020.jpg

jimbo1701

jimbo1701

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 974 posts
Alaitoc as always. Find the trait very useful overall so long as you choose the time to strike up close and give up the advantage. Had a great game last night using a good mix of rangers, aspects a couple of vehicles and characters including illic.

Check out my  blog for all things space marine: http://indexastartes.blogspot.com/

And my other blog for all other things 40K: http://codex-imperia...blogspot.co.uk/

Karhedronuk

Karhedronuk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,874 posts
Alaitoc since my army is painted blue and yellow. It is very good against some armies but weak against others (Nids hardly notice it). Linked Fire on a pair of Prisms is fantastic.

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Spiritual Liege

Spiritual Liege

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 366 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, IV, Vile Xenos

Nothing yet but since I finally got my airbrush setup I'm looking forward to starting my own Craftworld army. I'll mostly play with Iyanden trait but I got one friend playing an annoying IG gunline with Scions, then I'll just bust out Alaitoc and watch him hit on 6's.

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 237 posts
  • Faction: Lots XD
Biel Tan.
I really like how those rerolls help my dire avengers when shooting so i can concentrate my farseer on giving guide to my warwalkers

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 546 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

Had my first 750 (almost) game for my Craftworld Alaitoc yesterday and got stomped. :)  I do miss my Acts of Faith however I can see how amazing both the psykic abilities and stratagems can be, so my next goal is to get 3 Troops and another HQ foe a Battalion for more command points!

• Karhedronuk likes this

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,618 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP
Color wise I'm going with Lugganath.

I like the orange and black and it doesn't lock me into a trait. I'll probably go with Ulthwé most of the time, but if I play any tournaments I'll run several detachments with different traits to suit the units in them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users