What Craftworld have you been playing?

Astoran

And to what success?

So far Ive only played Ulthwé and I am enjoying it. Its not crazy powerful but a couple of sixes here and there have a nice addition to my fragile space elfs. The Warlord Trait to regain CP at the start of each turn is nice aswell. I got 3 extra in my last match.

I've run with Ulthwé so far and am pretty much in the same boat. The stratagems are awesome, the CP on 6 warlord trait is underwhelming and the smite relic is mostly useless as i'd rather go for the wing or w/e. But especially the farseer and warlock stratagem really help, as well as the guardian specific ones. I'll dabble into the other traits once i get more games in, but i can totally see myself sticking with Ulthwé.

Alaitoc as always. Find the trait very useful overall so long as you choose the time to strike up close and give up the advantage. Had a great game last night using a good mix of rangers, aspects a couple of vehicles and characters including illic.

Nothing yet but since I finally got my airbrush setup I'm looking forward to starting my own Craftworld army. I'll mostly play with Iyanden trait but I got one friend playing an annoying IG gunline with Scions, then I'll just bust out Alaitoc and watch him hit on 6's.

Had my first 750 (almost) game for my Craftworld Alaitoc yesterday and got stomped. :)  I do miss my Acts of Faith however I can see how amazing both the psykic abilities and stratagems can be, so my next goal is to get 3 Troops and another HQ foe a Battalion for more command points!

• 1 year later...

Color wise I'm going with Lugganath.

I like the orange and black and it doesn't lock me into a trait. I'll probably go with Ulthwé most of the time, but if I play any tournaments I'll run several detachments with different traits to suit the units in them.

Main Detachment Biel-Tan since I run like 40 Dire Avengers, those rerolls of 1 can be a lifesaver. 

Anything without Shur-weapons I'll drop into an Alaitoc detachment though, if I've room in my roster.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea of a saim hann detachment with an Autarch Skyrunner, a unit of scatterbikes, a unit of Vypers with Brightlances and a slarge squad of shining Spears. Some mobile firepower providing anti-infantry and anti-tank as well as a serious melee threat in the Spears which can even advance and charge through stratagem. Season with runes of battle powers to taste. BUT i'm sticking with Ulthwé for that's what fits my headcanon most. And is easiest to explain to your opponent (i had a game once with three different craftworld attributes over three detachments, more time was spent explaining rules and clearing up confusion than actually playing the game...).

Archived