Sly Marbo returns!

Seahawk

Oh my sweet Emperor! I CAN HAS IDEA.

I'm going to have a spare tentacle from Necromunda to use, the Mortarion Nurgle flies I clipped off him, this small base Sly has and they are all going to accompany Sly on an inset jungle diorama, with Boss Snikrot sneaking up on him from behind through the foliage! :3

^_^

I'm going to have a spare tentacle from Necromunda to use, the Mortarion Nurgle flies I clipped off him, this small base Sly has and they are all going to accompany Sly on an inset jungle diorama, with Boss Snikrot sneaking up on him from behind through the foliage! :3

:happy.:

That sounds awesome!

I'm trying to figure out how to make him more 30k appropriate. 

Far too much positivity in this thread :wink:  so I'll be That Guy and float the idea that why release a new codex and have this guy, clearly designed well in advance, held back? Smells like deliberately held back DLC dressed up as fan service to me...sorry for spoiling the mood. I'll still buy him :biggrin.:

Considering all new(and old models once repackaged) kits come with the rules free in the box that complaint makes no sense at all.

Edited by Shockmaster

I means that an IG vet who has a marbo converted or the OG has to buy the new model, because GW did not put it in to the IG codex that came out like few months ago. So it makes very much sense.

The rules for him will be free in the box just like every other 40k kit to be released in the last few months.

I means that an IG vet who has a marbo converted or the OG has to buy the new model, because GW did not put it in to the IG codex that came out like few months ago. So it makes very much sense.

The rules for him will be free in the box just like every other 40k kit to be released in the last few months.

The point is if somebody has the old model they can't just download the rules they need to buy the new one to get them. Unless they release a PDF.

Far too much positivity in this thread :wink:  so I'll be That Guy and float the idea that why release a new codex and have this guy, clearly designed well in advance, held back? Smells like deliberately held back DLC dressed up as fan service to me...sorry for spoiling the mood. I'll still buy him :biggrin.:

Nah. That just further proves how awesome Marbo is. He's so sneaky even the Codex writers couldn't find him. :wink:

It's possible the rules for Marbo will also be available as a PDF or in White Dwarf. Ideally they'll be in Chapter Approved.

I've never cared for Catachans, but I'm thrilled that Marbo's back. If he really can be used as a one man army, I might even pick him up, depending on the rules. Which will hopefully be available as a PDF or in White Dwarf or, ideally, Chapter Approved.

^_^

Snikrot is already on the base, Sly was leading him into a trap.

Posted · Hidden by Major_Gilbear, November 23, 2017 - Unconstructive attempt at humour.
Hidden by Major_Gilbear, November 23, 2017 - Unconstructive attempt at humour.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

slymarbo.jpg

slymarbo2.jpg

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Considering all new(and old models once repackaged) kits come with the rules free in the box that complaint makes no sense at all.

You're missing my point; I'm not complaining about whether it comes with rules or not, as you said, that makes no sense - it does. 

The point is either that nowadays we have to put up with models being released late because New GW apparently feels it can't trust 3rd parties to not make a Sly Marbo model in the 6-odd weeks since the codex came out but the model wasn't ready yet, so he's not in the codex, or GW is deliberately staggering model releases for brand new codexes (which are therefore rendered almost immediately incomplete), again, for the same reason - fear of 3rd parties, and no one'll complain because hey you get the rules in the box anyway. (Which I think is your point).

Never mind the fact that Marbo is the most generic looking character anyway, hardly copyright-able.

Also, because we're all so happy just to see him back again, apparently no one is stopping to consider any of this. Well played. GW, well played... :biggrin.:

You're missing my point; I'm not complaining about whether it comes with rules or not, as you said, that makes no sense - it does. 

The point is either that nowadays we have to put up with models being released late because New GW apparently feels it can't trust 3rd parties to not make a Sly Marbo model in the 6-odd weeks since the codex came out but the model wasn't ready yet, so he's not in the codex, or GW is deliberately staggering model releases for brand new codexes (which are therefore rendered almost immediately incomplete), again, for the same reason - fear of 3rd parties, and no one'll complain because hey you get the rules in the box anyway. (Which I think is your point).

Never mind the fact that Marbo is the most generic looking character anyway, hardly copyright-able.

Also, because we're all so happy just to see him back again, apparently no one is stopping to consider any of this. Well played. GW, well played... :biggrin.:

Thing is though, that's been the status quo now for years. No model at book release, no rules. Does it suck? Yes. But it's not something unique to Marbo here. If anything the 'rules in the box' approach could be viewed as an improvement. It allows them to release models like this without waiting for the next Codex or Campaign Supplement (and if a Warzone book came out with Marbo as the only IG rules in it, people would be justifiably annoyed, so they would either hack off the fans, or sit on Marbo for who knows how long until there was enough Guard stuff to 'justify' inclusion in a splatbook). Now, I'd much prefer it if they went back to the old 'everything in the Codex' approach, but that's like wishing they'd retcon Gathering Storm, put the Primarchs back in the box, and bring back Warhammer Fantasy. It just ain't happening :sad.:.

:happy.:

Snikrot is already on the base, Sly was leading him into a trap.

SSSHHHHH... ONLY 'APPY DREAMZ NOW, YA GIT.

Z3IbxA8.png

The point is if somebody has the old model they can't just download the rules they need to buy the new one to get them. Unless they release a PDF.
There is s thing called the internet you know, we all know that once his rules are out they will be all over the place so it won't be that hard to get hold of them just look at BS which has the rules and points so people can know how much stuff costs and what rules it has even without the actual book with it in (like a good deal of people I know who play FW stuff without owning the actual book )

Far too much positivity in this thread :wink: so I'll be That Guy and float the idea that why release a new codex and have this guy, clearly designed well in advance, held back? Smells like deliberately held back DLC dressed up as fan service to me...sorry for spoiling the mood. I'll still buy him :biggrin.:

Also, because we're all so happy just to see him back again, apparently no one is stopping to consider any of this. Well played. GW, well played... :biggrin.:

But what about the Blight hauler then??? Even though there was rules It was massively held back so you couldn't actually get the mode so any 3rd party company could of done their own version for those who couldn't be bothered waiting (I think they did that to the plague Crawler ) l as it' not It out till the 23rd if GW was so worried about 3rd party companies releasing a version they would never of had the rules in the codex I the first place. Seems a bit of an overreaction especially since most 3rd party companies will release their own version of a model regardless so they can make money who don't want a GW one

EDIT: I knew I saw that the gun somewhere now I know where from :D

med_gallery_59703_7255_75588.jpg

Edited by Plaguecaster

Yeah the release date for Marbo might not be perfect but serious complaining feels like a reach to just find something, anything to complain about.

As you can get the rules free if you buy the new model and it will equally be super easy to get the rules for free even if you don't buy it as they will be all over the internet(I don't mean illegal means) or assuming you play in a somewhat friendly gaming environment one of your fellow hobbyist will likely have bought it, so you to take a snapshot on your phone.

I even know that if I went in to one of the Warhammer stores that I am on friendly terms with they manager that they would happily show me the new rules if I had an old version of Marbo I am known to use.

Edited by Shockmaster