Boss Snikrot (First ever painted Ork!)

Kaldoth

So, I finally got enough cash saved up to start on my new Blood Axe force.  I got a few boxes all put together and primed, but I couldn't contain myself and decided to start with Snikrot.  I have always loved this miniature and was super psyched to paint him up http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/CoolOrkDark.gif  I think he turned out okay.  After years of not painting, and this being my first ever painted Ork, I'd say its definitely passes for TTQ, which is honestly all I'm going for with this army.  Can't blister my fingers over details when I've got over 100 boyz to paint http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/pphhtork.gif Anyway, my only question is whether or not I should put the backpack on him or not.  It's a great piece of gear for him to have and very fluffy, but I think he looks a bit more sneaky and killy without it.  Thoughts?  The pictures came out a bit dark, but I don't have a good light setup so these will have to do. C&C welcome!

1u5UYba.jpg

5KWl3Dx.jpg

YCLzbRy.jpg

Cheers,

-Killthulhu

He looks great to me, his eye lenses are beautifully shaded. What is the red thing on his base? It almost looks like red moss?

Thanks! The red stuff is actually red creep vine I got from a local hobby supply shop. They had a bag of green moss, red and green vines, and brown bark moss. Looked pretty jungly so I grabbed it up. Im still looking for some good tree-liie foliage to add to his base on the back side. I tried a tall leafy aquarium plant, but it just wound up looking out of place and too rubbery.

Edited by Kaldoth