3rd company 177th platoon Hive Primeus PDF

sarabando

++Oxyl clenched his fists the leather of his left hand squeaked his right the familiar scrap of Ceramite as the over sized fingers of his power fist hummed and ground against each other. He was nervous, and bored it had been nearly thirteen hours since the Administratum survey team had broken the seals on the trans-cont mag rail that crisscrossed the space between the worlds primary and secondary Hives. 

Located three miles below the ice that covered their entire world Oxyl and his detachment had been ordered to hold the tertiary quarantine line nearly a kilometer further up track from the great sealed quarantine doors. 

They had been here before four years before when they had sealed the Hive to stem the flow of infection, the disease had no effect on humans but with the planets only source of off world income being wood and paper an infection that killed all plant life was deadly. 

Golgun his Vox operator signaled him over "Sir, both the Primary and secondary Quarantine lines have missed their scheduled check in." The nervous knot is Oxyl's stomach tightened, twenty years in the PDF through two Xeno's invasions he was no stranger to danger. 

"Listen up third company" He spoke clearly into his microlink vox. "Stand to and prepare to engage, safety's off but wait for my command." Twenty five guardsmen rushed to defensive positions their lasguns held ready. What ever had happened to the rest of their detachment would not catch the 177th flat footed. Oxyl upholstered his bolt pistol and racked the bolt as he stared into the darkness. 

Further down the ice tunnel past the forty eighth marker, something inhuman roared announcing its presence. ++

Hi all I've decided to take a break from my deathguard http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/338520-traitors-of-hive-secundus/

and i shall be taking a little time to work on some Vallhallans to act as PDF units. I only have about 7 at the moment so i shall be painting them up as quickly as possible and i have also received a plastic commissar that was prebuilt by a friend.

First up is the tester i did a while back, 

hA5z5uP.jpg

Super original colour scheme i know XD. 

next up is the stalwart LT Oxyl. He started life as a standard Vallhallan sgt who had his chainsword arm removed and replaced with the powerfist from the cadian command box. 

gVyrw4J.jpg

dT3kzon.jpg

Next a group shot of every one else (2 left who need stripping first) 

d4dURj7.jpg

and lastly the commissar made from the standard plastic with both arms removed and replace and the head too all replaced with bits from the Cadian command sprue.

OONDv1c.jpg

I may have gone a little ebay mad bidding on 3 more squads but i have terrible luck on ebay so i doubt il get them. Any one looking to shift any vallhallans ? hint hint nudge nude :D 

Looking good! I'm liking the skin tone. Also, despite their age, these models still look good!

Thanks, i don't even mind the limited poses im happy dremmeling the crap out of them and re sculpting. My biggest issue is the cost even on ebay people are asking £50 for 10 minis that GW are still selling on their own site for £20 (not a GW price moan) ive got more than enough cadian weapons teams for heavys and specials too so next i will be adding a team abandoning their jammed Autocannon.

Bit of an update.

Working on LT Oxyl

dLqpNFA.jpg

EJnA830.jpg

The current state of his men

v5mH5lY.jpg

YVcgVxO.jpg

wMJmjbZ.jpg

first coat of green for this guy.

lO9oRCl.jpg

Added some GS to the Commissar including a strap for his breather unit, warm fur ear flaps for his hat, and a fur trim for his storm coat.

gaPQp84.jpg

everything still needs a little trimming.

J31wVTt.jpg

kz9GehB.jpg

arIJtY4.jpg

i won some more metal Vallhallans on ebay so soon i will be adding the below to the platoon.

s-l1600.jpg

hey guys small update ive coloured the casings on the squads Lasguns, and added some grey to their boots. Ive also stripped the badly painted ones using This

It worked wonders and takes the paint off metal quite quickly and only needed a brushing and light picking with a tooth pick. No damage to the metal that i can see, the scent is not too strong and it didnt mess my fingers up like some products. Will try on plastics and report back.

kU2K02D.jpg

Yq9BHFs.jpg

k7X9FWM.jpg

mfqjFrO.jpg

MbPoPFz.jpg

These have had a light wash of primer when i stripped them they were completly clean.

RWjTLWe.jpg

5fQlwlQ.jpg

As always sorry for my shoddy picture taking abilities.

The image tags are

[img= insert image link ]

and not

[img image link [/url]

like you currently have.

Other than that, good to see more progress. I think you might want to take your pictures from further out and making the pictures a little smaller. We currently have a very zoomed-in view which makes it difficult to view the whole model as it would be in real life/on the tabletop.

The image tags are

[img= insert image link ]

and not

[img image link [/url]

like you currently have.

Other than that, good to see more progress. I think you might want to take your pictures from further out and making the pictures a little smaller. We currently have a very zoomed-in view which makes it difficult to view the whole model as it would be in real life/on the tabletop.

yeah i dunno why i was really struggling with the img tags and then when i tried to edit it went all over the place. Id spent ages getting the link to work to the degreasing spray so im going to blame that for using all my brain power.

Il try some better photos tonight. I hope (fingers crossed) that i should have all of the main guys done by tonight.

things i never want to be reincarnated as;

1. Valhallan metal sergeants any where near sarabando

Maybe its the clear chest and easy to work on pose but i have plans for at least another 4 of these guys, but here is a quick mock up of the regimental standard bearer.

Jr4hGbf.jpg

hegoG7L.jpg

McRcMzW.jpg

spent all evening on filing/dremmeling a guardsmans weapon and chest down to reissue him with a heavy flamer.

P2DW3cL.jpg

Tonight i get to do the same but to his back to add a fuel tank.

I want to do something similar to the guy holding the mortar shell but after this im having second thoughts.

I have also managed to get the standard to finally stick on the standard bearer so next for him will be a newly sculpted augmetic shoulder.

HI all hectic few days have left me very little hobby time but last night when i should have been looking for important paperwork i felt the call of the Emperor and sat down for some metal work.

Cut back this guys back and dremmelled down parts to fit the promethum tanks. Need to add a hose pipe between the tanks and the heavy flamer.

j2TqHvC.jpg

nW4Inym.jpg

Removed a canteen and replaced it with a Medicae bag to make a medic.

SfsglHM.jpg

Heavy Lascannon gunner has been turned into the command squad Vox officer and will get a cable between his pack and the gubbins in his hands (Command Vox Encryption unit?)

m5Rxy0N.jpg

4KsKPai.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So here is an early shot of my snipers (vindicare) body.

NbsdBsq.jpg

MNzfNq7.jpg

NbsdBsq.jpg

I've removed all the spikes from the boots and will be bulking them in bulking and sanding the great coat ATM . Need to fill the bother boot and the test fit the arms to see what needs to be done with the chest.

Archived