Which Leman Russ is your favorite for GSC?

Ulfast

So I´m wondering what everyone use for Leman Russ variations? Myself I only got one tank (so far) and is pretty happy with it. It has a battle cannon, 3 Heavy bolters and 1 Heavy stubber for much dakka. But what do you use?

Depends on what you lack with gsc and Nid allies but battle cannons hard to beat for cost. I'm used to running with cadian orders to reroll shots though which is amazing.

Looking at 3 tc russes and a shadowsword in supreme command. Other 900 points to keep enemy busy in his half

guard player here, considering joining the GSC if I ever get some GS purestrains painted up 

as for Leman Russ tanks 

standard variant Battle Tank is typically the best (great all around canon with plenty of fire power)

2nd in most Guard lists is the Punisher gatling variant (amazing against infantry blobs and holds up with 20x/40x shots against most else)

3rd would be the shorter range but heavy Demolisher canon (tank/monster buster extraordinaire) 

Finally the Plasma Executioner gets some love, but I never personally use them (see above but with the chance of overheating) 

skip the other turrets for either being over-coasted, or under powered compared to the above 4. 

I'd recommend magnetizing your tank models to swap out cannons and more importantly sponsons

typically I'll take lascanon or heavy bolter as my Hull Mount 

then if I'm playing Power Level add sponsons with Plasma or Melta 

if I'm playing Points, either no sponsons at all, or just take cheap heavy bolters, for some extra dakka 

I tried melta but it never did anything. As you has bad bs you want to stand still usually and that mean at least for me that my melta never was in range for anything fun. And if I where lucky and got in range (usually by moving), then I missed most of the time. I think flamer or bolters are better.

small Bat Rep 

I ran about 4 tanks and 2 Hellhounds against a Space Wolf Terminator / Primaris army 

2 battle tanks with LasCanon + plasma as artillery to mitigate his tanks and soften up the Terminator squads

2 Punishers with 3 flame throwers to aggressively charge his flank, and BRrrrtt his marines

2 Hellhounds, with Flame throwers to charge his Wolf Cavalry, there were some Hot Dogs served! 

He conceded in Turn 3!   

Side note Chap Approved just bumped up the cost for Demolisher variants to 170pts 

Battle Tanks are still the best all around at only 152pts! 

I'd have loved 20 purestrain gene stealers to ambush his other flank mid-game!! 

Having used guard mainly (just branching out into the cult), I have used a TC with demolisher, hull las and side melta, and loved him. His 3+ to hit makes hte meltas worth it again.

I also use basic battle cannons and they are a solid line tank. I want to get myself a heavy autocannon turret to try that out (as firing twice is a lot of shots it'll be throwing down range at a high strength!) but not tried that out yet.

I should add I usually play power levels so that will affect my loadouts differently compared to any of you who uses points (when I play points I was inf only to get more bodies in).

Right now I feel that if you go pure GSC, then the battle cannon is the best options. It´s cheap, put out lot of shoots and can damage most things. I used to have a aut cannon turret but switch over to battle cannon and don´t regret it. 

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think it's a 'good' option but I have a Vanquisher with Lascannon and Melta sponsons. Obviously expensive but is a big potential threat to enemy big things. Might be a viable option if you are going for a target saturation type army, perhaps one with Tyranid allies rather than Guard.