Chapter Approved Pertaining to Thousand Sons

Prot

The thing I'm wondering is if Chapter Approved is doing these adjustments to Codex units and keeping TSons in limbo knowing that everything will change anyway on dex release. Depending on when this book was done being written they may have still been finalizing the TSons dex and decided to keep things the same since TSons would see release shortly after CA.

The thing I'm wondering is if Chapter Approved is doing these adjustments to Codex units and keeping TSons in limbo knowing that everything will change anyway on dex release. Depending on when this book was done being written they may have still been finalizing the TSons dex and decided to keep things the same since TSons would see release shortly after CA.

By shortly after you mean after 3 codexes (if that) bahaha

I still think they've got us paired with a Sister release, or maybe Primaris puppies. They've got to bang us out before the Xenos/Khorne flood that's rumoured.

Edit: So I was reading on my lunch and saw not only Plague Marines are cheaper than Rubrics, but so are Primaris Intercesors? Malefic Lords @ 80 points and the Guard Psykers are still crazy to me in terms of value versus the Exalts.

I'm not sour because there is no way I'll leave the guise of Magnus. That said, the development team is doing a rather poor job of demonstrating their vision towards the faction, despite opportunities, and is refusing to interact with this communities representation (ie. Prot ban on Facebook)

Edited by Zodd1888

By shortly after you mean after 3 codexes (if that) bahaha

Ill say it; "shortly after" :wink:

I mean at the *absolute* most (assuming GW stays to the dang release plan) you are looking at a 7 month wait, and that's if we are the FINAL codex out of all factions to be released. 

Next are chaos/Tau in January (presumably) and Crons in February with something else. Codexs are coming so fast back to back. 

I find it sad that none of our models got a point decrease with the only exception being the FAQ'd point increase. I know some people think we are getting more models but more and more i think we are going to get a adeptus mechanicus codex with nothing truley updated.

Also for those who havent seen this

http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1511628210356.png__cf_waf_tk__=035108002i8XyRlKr7Lcl3Qh5Z-rSJ0y0RCQ

So the power is just bad as we thought and just 18"

The strategem is not only just for one psykers, but its for one power

Is hoping the relic would had verbage we didnt get that meant the power auto-passed but it doesnt so its good that its free i guess?

The warlord trait isnt terrible though. I wouldnt take it against all opponents but against the likes of eldar maybe.

Edited by Raven1

Do we think that GW frequents this forum at all? I really don't think so. There are no major players out there that play TSons as a fact. Even if I just look at content creators there is no one that has more than 1 or 2 videos of an army.

Would y'all be interested in composing a well thought out post with our concerns to post on Twitter/Facebook? If we as a community organize and post a 5 paragraph post, and then proceed to each post it individually, it'll be impossible to ignore.

Hummm, yes, this is a distinct possibility that we are actaully pretty far away if WE and EC gets done before us (because we already "has stuff" and not in a hurrt, supposedly)

However, its equally possibly no other chaos will be released before us, and DG only got made before us because they are the "signature enemy" of this edition (because lets face it, we would have been a terrible signture enemy)

Games workshop explicitly stated from the initial release of 8th that they would have 10 done by December, and by the 1 year mark of 8th edition would have "all current factions" with an 8th edition codex. 

Go at this logically; we have 14 factions inclusive (tau / necrons/daemons confirmed next year + 11 from CA) and blood angels / dark angels done this December. 

So between January and July; that is 14. Assuming 2 per month as the standard release schedule. Id say we are right on track; we just aren't lucky enough to be in the first 13 or so lol

We will get it and im sure itll be fine when time comes. 

Anyone knows if it also got the same trick as Empyric Channeling that SM has that it lets you cast an extra spell?

It does not. I saw the page when the review was up on youtube. There is a scarab occult sorcerer just to the right of the Stratagem at the bottom of pg 99

Edited by Archaeinox

Seems so crazy to me. I guess we can use the release date of our codex and the statement from the community page to gauge what soon is to GW at least!

Edit: Maybe the apathy in the book is because they didn't want to invest the effort into writing rules to make them work without a codex.

Edited by Zodd1888

So I guess that's it... the cat's out of the bag.

We get the Arrogance of Eons... something like that: WL trait: Re-roll failed Deny the Witch?

Relic: Something like Anetheone Scrolls... the doubles one... on  doubles cast, it cannot be negated. Yea it's a bummer. But I guess that odd time you get off a 3+3 Smite... look out! NO denial for you!

Tzeentch's Firestorm: Yup it's lackluster, but I really think it's like Firestorm from 7th, it was never meant to be a great power and is cookie at best from the Legion dex: WC 7/ 18" visible unit target. Roll 9D6, all 6's are mortal wounds.

1 CP for psuedo Lib-Conclave: within 6" of 2 friendly psykers, BEFORE cast, add 2 to the test. I guess with Magnus this is pretty darn scary smite. With Ahriman it's spooky smite. With everyone else it's 'not too shabby smite'.

the release date of our codex and the statement from the community page

wait, what and what

I think he is talking about the infamous "very soon" statement from the community team on Facebook when asked about the release date for our codex somewhere in September i think?. Meanwhile its now December and still no word yet.

I personally think our codex was scheduled for December at first but moved because either:

1. They had planned on doing a small release for more models for TS but have been delayed due to production issues (DG plague hauler for example)

2. They thought the codex was pretty thin and figured they should expand the number of entries in the codex.

3. The space furries need a punching bag.

I hope for a option 1. I prepare for option 3.

I was thinking about something Re: the relic.

For those of us who make lists with Ahriman and Magnus (and very few Sorcerers or Exalted Sorcerers, maybe one or two), the relic would not be very good on a guy who just stays near your deployment zone casting Prescience on a predator or something.

So it begs the question: Should we replicate the Ahriman's Exiles formation from 7th ed? Ahriman with a supreme command of exalteds on discs would take advantage of both the new relic (given 2 one of the guys) and the new stratagem that requires other psykers to be in range.

Any guy with the relic should be thrown towards the enemy's deny characters to negate that benefit. Kind of like you throw howling banshees at a unit that has painful overwatch, like rubrics with tons of warpflamers, because it takes away their cool benefit of good overwatch..