Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hi Everyone! Lizardmen/Bretonnian player here!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Smoke Frog

Smoke Frog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Hi everyone, first post on this fine forum.

I have been a longtime fan of this forum but I have never actually posted anything. I think I had a long-lost account here back around 2004... but I doubt I ever actually posted anything.

I attribute this forum as being responsible for my healthy appreciation and love for 40K and the history and depth of the universe. I am a big fan of the lore and many stories behind the Horus Heresy, and just recently found out that they have been publishing a book series from the Black Library on them for the past few years! I have a lot of ground to cover! I was also a fan of the great Index Asartes articles I have seen around this forum, plus other great projects such as Anerion the Faithful's Primarch artwork (which I am sad to see are lost to the warp that is photobucket  cry.gif ) and epic writing such as the works of the Dornian Heresy Part 1 (did they ever make a part 2???)

My first 40K hobby purchase was the Battle for Macragge boxed set (space marines vs. tyrannids) from which I used as a small base to build a meager Black Templars force. I also have a small force of orks which I am currently attempting to grow.

On the other side, my brother and I grew up playing Warhammer Fantasy, with the Lizardmen being my first army, and my Lustrian Bretonnians army being my second. I haven't played an actual game except one Mordheim game in years, so I haven't had any exposure to AOS either. I am a frequent visitor to both Lustria Online (Lizardmen) and the Round Table of Bretonnia, where I am known as Warden (...the name was taken here, it is a pretty awesome one happy.png ). I have both my fantasy armies posted there if anyone is interested (links in my signature, I am testing them to see if they work with this post!).

Aside from that I am an avid reader, I enjoy playing chess, other board games, and a smattering of computer games. I am also a big fan of ancient Mayan History (hence my new username happy.png ) and have done a great deal of research on that culture and its artwork, which I have also included into the background of my Warhammer Fantasy armies. I also have some decent exposure to the history of the medieval crusades, and have included some of the stuff I used in the background of my Black Templars.

Like I said, I am excited to be part of this forum now, I hope to continue to grow and learn more about the hobby! Thanks for all the inspiration so far!

Edit: Also tested out the edit functions,  really  nice how this forum is put together. Thanks admins!

Edited by Smoke Frog, 24 November 2017 - 02:50 AM.

• Not 1 Step Backwards and Jolemai like this

Warpmiss

Warpmiss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 125 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard, Iron Warriors
Welcome to the B&C!

Gotta love those Lizardmen! When I first discovered Warhammer back when I was 11 that was the army I wanted to collect. But in the end, all I got was their army book.

If you are already familiar with the Horus Heresy you can start the series at several points, not necessarily the first one. I started it on April and I still have to catch up but I'm being selective about which ones I read because there is so many of them! There's a very useful reading-order graph in the Horus Heresy Wikipedia page (which I believe was originally translated and posted here?).

Are you planning to expand your Black Templars or Tyrannids? Or are you going for the Orks as you've put in your Chapter Name?
  • Smoke Frog likes this

Call_of_Chaos_10_Banner_00.jpg

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,986 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Chapter Name: Chaos and Wolves

Ahh Warden, greetings and salutations fellow Round Tabler! About time we had some fellows of breeding around here to show these pesants whos boss :P Cant wait to see your Templars around these parts even if you are a stinky Loyalist :lol:

• Smoke Frog likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_00.jpg

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,036 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hunter Legion

Welcome to the B&C :)

gallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_9518_1600.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.pnggallery_30308_3239_4912.pngETL_Medal_04.gif
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Commissar | CSM Daemonettes | =][= Inquisitor | AM Knight | DE Sslyth

Smoke Frog

Smoke Frog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

If you are already familiar with the Horus Heresy you can start the series at several points, not necessarily the first one. I started it on April and I still have to catch up but I'm being selective about which ones I read because there is so many of them! There's a very useful reading-order graph in the Horus Heresy Wikipedia page (which I believe was originally translated and posted here?).

Are you planning to expand your Black Templars or Tyrannids? Or are you going for the Orks as you've put in your Chapter Name?

I have read the "Scars" book and started on some of the earlier ones; I am really looking forward to the Iron Hands novels though as they were probably my favorite of the founding legions. And Sigismund of course.

I didn't realize that the "Army Played" section of your profile would display as "Chapter Name" at your profile posts. My chapter name would certainly be the noble Black Templars, it almost feels like putting Orks on their is tantamount to heresy... is it bad form to put a xenos species under chapter name on this forum? I will probably have to change that. I know it used to be primarily focused on power-armor only, but I see there is a Xenos section now? And even a sub-forum for ::gasp:: chaos?

I do plan to expand both however. I want to eventually add some land raider crusaders to my templars, and am currently working on a flyer project for my orks.

Ahh Warden, greetings and salutations fellow Round Tabler! About time we had some fellows of breeding around here to show these pesants whos boss tongue.png Cant wait to see your Templars around these parts even if you are a stinky Loyalist laugh.png

Glad to know there are others who have graced the halls of the Round Table on this forum too!

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,892 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

Welcome to the B&C :)

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,293 posts

Welcome back to the forums, brother.

and epic writing such as the works of the Dornian Heresy Part 1 (did they ever make a part 2???)

Headway was made but an actual second part did not get published, I'm afraid. :(

gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users