Chapter Approved points Changes for Sisters :-)

Ishagu

I'm really happy about Celestine, that seems like a good fix. Also excited about inferno pistols. I use them a lot, but they always seemed a bit expensive

Sad to see the Repressor change though. That's a lot of points added to my lists... I guess I'll have to buy more seraphim, then...

Still don't know if 6 pts is worth it for 2d3 Str 3 AP - hits, though.

I'm really happy about Celestine, that seems like a good fix. Also excited about inferno pistols. I use them a lot, but they always seemed a bit expensive

Sad to see the Repressor change though. That's a lot of points added to my lists... I guess I'll have to buy more seraphim, then...

Still don't know if 6 pts is worth it for 2d3 Str 3 AP - hits, though.

Love the changes to Celestine. I was actually advocating for that exact change so it kinda feels like GW's been reading my posts lol

Repressor change is sad but fair. It was WAY too strong. Doesn't affect me too much as I only used 1 in my list but it is sad that it eats up the points saved with the exorcists.

I love the hand flamers for min units of Seraphim(at 3 points each) because the unit is still dirt cheap and can threaten low-armor backliners like Ratlings and Rangers without drawing too much attention to themselves.

-Celestine went up to 200 but the twins are now 50 for both. Taking the full unit means no change.

-Exorcist is 135

-Hand Flamer is 3

-Eviscorater is 12

-Inferno Pistol is 9

Repressor up 20.

I love it!

Love the Hand Flamer change. Eviscerator as well. Didn't expect the Inferno Pistol change, but I like it. I will leave the Exorcist change to the mathhammer folks vs the predator. But it opens up 75 points for other options in my foot Sisters lists. I was expecting a change on the Repressor, just hoping it wouldnt be too much. Mine will clock in at 110. Makes the Immolation Flamer Immolator a more interesting choice. Which is great, the Repressor was an auto choice for those who owned them. 20 points will make the Immolator show up more and increase the index list balance. Celestine change is far less than I expected, or feared. I always ran her with both Geminae, so I am good with it. I suspect more players will be running both Geminae in the future.

Now if they would just remove her free AoF and the 2+ AoF if she isn't taken in a Sisters detachment.

Guess we are waiting on the Dex for a Celestian fix. Or until the Emperor returns.

The Basilisks (without taking into account chapter tactics) is still hands down better than the exorcist, damage wise, but is way less tanky. Though it doesn't need Los, so it can hide.

The 4 lascannons pred is a lot more expensive (190 vs 135) but it always fires 4 shots that do d6 damage and are more likely to wound.

The leman Russ battle tank (no options) is the closest direct comparisions (same toughness and wounds) and has double the amount of shots, with a gun that is the same strength,l and damage but with more range and worse ap. The leman Russ costs 152, and can be Updgrades further. I'd say the Russ is still better, especially if taken as Catachans or Cadians for damage or Valhallans/Steel legion for resilience.

All that said, this might make an Exorcists playable in casual games until the codex drops, since d6 Str 8 AP -4 D3 damage isn't bad, just wildly unreliable.

The issue I have with Repressors is that it nerds our best list heavily. 5 Repressors now costs as much as 6 before. I know "your not supposed to spam" and if you have to spam units your playing cheesy, but our only viable competitive option, to me, is dominions/Repressors/Celestine/seraphim, using the saint to make the repressors and seraphim tougher and to perform a brutal aloha strike. Now immolators are a more viable option compared to Repressors, but they feel like a weird budget choice. I'd hope they'd give immolators some kind of special rule to differentiate them, instead of having them sandwiched between rhinos (worthless) and Repressors (now expensive, but deadly)

My competitive list has been running six Repressors. The change still leaves leaves me plenty of room to get in what I think of as essentials. Considering the history of Sisters "updates" I am willing to take the wargear point cuts and Celestines point swap and run for it. We did very well for once with the Index, two in a row is unheard of. Edited by dracpanzer

The Basilisks (without taking into account chapter tactics) is still hands down better than the exorcist, damage wise, but is way less tanky. Though it doesn't need Los, so it can hide.

The 4 lascannons pred is a lot more expensive (190 vs 135) but it always fires 4 shots that do d6 damage and are more likely to wound.

The leman Russ battle tank (no options) is the closest direct comparisions (same toughness and wounds) and has double the amount of shots, with a gun that is the same strength,l and damage but with more range and worse ap. The leman Russ costs 152, and can be Updgrades further. I'd say the Russ is still better, especially if taken as Catachans or Cadians for damage or Valhallans/Steel legion for resilience.

All that said, this might make an Exorcists playable in casual games until the codex drops, since d6 Str 8 AP -4 D3 damage isn't bad, just wildly unreliable.

The issue I have with Repressors is that it nerds our best list heavily. 5 Repressors now costs as much as 6 before. I know "your not supposed to spam" and if you have to spam units your playing cheesy, but our only viable competitive option, to me, is dominions/Repressors/Celestine/seraphim, using the saint to make the repressors and seraphim tougher and to perform a brutal aloha strike. Now immolators are a more viable option compared to Repressors, but they feel like a weird budget choice. I'd hope they'd give immolators some kind of special rule to differentiate them, instead of having them sandwiched between rhinos (worthless) and Repressors (now expensive, but deadly)

Pred is pretty comparable, less survivable, more damage, more expensive. They about even out.

Basilisk is better straight up damage and is cheaper but is so flimsy that it's sort of a wash.

Exorcist is in superior to a basic russ, the HBs don't add enough to balance out the +2 AP and +1 Balistic skill the exorcist has (and the exorcist is cheaper) Add in the 6++(which matters quite a bit on vehicles due to the likelyhood of being targeted by melta) and there's really no reason to take a stock russ over an exorcist now.

Repressor spam wasn't our only option, it was just the one that was placing highest because repressors were OP. Equivalent immospam lists are only 10% or so less effective if played well and some of the lists that do well against SoB (Malefic Chaos Soup, girly bro) got hit fairly hard.

Overall I think we end up in about the same place we were relative to everyone else (consistent top 25 representation top 3 non-soup army.)

Edited by ERJAK

Pred is pretty comparable, less survivable, more damage, more expensive. They about even out.

Pred is still a mile ahead in some key areas - particularly against T8 and especially with killshot (you need something like twelve exorcists to do the same damage to morty as a single fully loaded killshot formation). The guard tanks also bring far more firepower now.

But it's still an improvement. Similarly the repressor change is hard but fair, Celestine can't be complained about, and the weapon changes are solid.

Doesn't address any of the deeper problems with the army at all and hasn't closed any of the gap on the codex factions, but it's still a solid first step.

Eh, the leman Russ has about the same chance of rolling 5 or less shots as the exorcist has of rolling a 1 or 2. If your expecting to fight monsters (invulns) instead of just tanks, I'd 100% rather have the Russ. Especially if it's one of the ones that can reroll shots.

Also: Blade of Adminition is 3 damage, not d3, so it's totally worth it. And the strategem is any unit on the board that has acts of faith rule, can do a soulburst aof when a Character dies.

Edited by Beams

Also: Blade of Adminition is 3 damage, not d3, so it's totally worth it. And the strategem is any unit on the board that has acts of faith rule, can do a soulburst aof when a Character dies.

It does also appear to be limited to the canoness and the gemini - seraphim or celestians are stuck with their S3.

Weirdly enough, the Wonder twins only have names in the box, if I remember right. In the index, I think it just refers to them as the Geminae Superia, as in one of the books it makes a point to say that Celestine raised up new ones for that specific battle, and it seems to be cloudy whether or not Geneive and Eleanor are technically always the Geminae?

I'd lean on the author not understanding that the Geminae are named such since they are literally twin canonnesses and blame it on a lack of understanding the lore, since that book also feautres Lharne acting ooc and allows him to easily kill Celestine.

All that said, I'd rather have a separate Cannoness with it, since she'd have more attacks with a substatianally more accurate as.

Also, super weird to me that losing a Geminae would trigger an AoF. That seems super abusable, and is likely to be errat'd/FAQ'd like the Ynnari soul bursts. Otherwise, I'd be doing it every turn that I had the command points for. Also, is it once per game turn or player turn?

Edited by Beams