Chapter Approved points Changes for Sisters :-)

Ishagu

Weirdly enough, the Wonder twins only have names in the box, if I remember right. In the index, I think it just refers to them as the Geminae Superia, as in one of the books it makes a point to say that Celestine raised up new ones for that specific battle, and it seems to be cloudy whether or not Geneive and Eleanor are technically always the Geminae?

I'd lean on the author not understanding that the Geminae are named such since they are literally twin canonnesses and blame it on a lack of understanding the lore, since that book also feautres Lharne acting ooc and allows him to easily kill Celestine.

All that said, I'd rather have a separate Cannoness with it, since she'd have more attacks with a substatianally more accurate as.

Also, super weird to me that losing a Geminae would trigger an AoF. That seems super abusable, and is likely to be errat'd/FAQ'd like the Ynnari soul bursts. Otherwise, I'd be doing it every turn that I had the command points for. Also, is it once per game turn or player turn?

The strategem says that once a SoB character dies, to use it you have to remove the unit. Then you puck a unit that gets to use the strategem AoF. If you wanted too (and if you could) use it for a Geminae dying, you would then have to remove the rest of the unit. Which having removed whatever was left (Celestine, or her and the other Geminae) would negate the best choice for using that AoF.

The strategem is useable at the end of a phase in which a character died.

All of which means that unless Celestine and however many Geminae start with her are dead dead, you don't want to consider using the Martyrdom strategem on them.

Weirdly enough, the Wonder twins only have names in the box, if I remember right. In the index, I think it just refers to them as the Geminae Superia, as in one of the books it makes a point to say that Celestine raised up new ones for that specific battle, and it seems to be cloudy whether or not Geneive and Eleanor are technically always the Geminae?

I'd lean on the author not understanding that the Geminae are named such since they are literally twin canonnesses and blame it on a lack of understanding the lore, since that book also feautres Lharne acting ooc and allows him to easily kill Celestine.

All that said, I'd rather have a separate Cannoness with it, since she'd have more attacks with a substatianally more accurate as.

Also, super weird to me that losing a Geminae would trigger an AoF. That seems super abusable, and is likely to be errat'd/FAQ'd like the Ynnari soul bursts. Otherwise, I'd be doing it every turn that I had the command points for. Also, is it once per game turn or player turn?

The strategem says that once a SoB character dies, to use it you have to remove the unit. Then you puck a unit that gets to use the strategem AoF. If you wanted too (and if you could) use it for a Geminae dying, you would then have to remove the rest of the unit. Which having removed whatever was left (Celestine, or her and the other Geminae) would negate the best choice for using that AoF.

All of which means that unless Celestine and however many Geminae start with her are dead dead, you don't want to consider using the Martyrdom strategem on them.

Sure you would. Last turn, close game. Use Martyrdom to remove the unit from the game to deny your opponent Slay the Warlord, to shoot a key unit to take an objective or to move to contest/take an objective or Linebreaker or...

Edited by taikishi

Sure you would. Last turn, close game. Use Martyrdom to remove the unit from the game to deny your opponent Slay the Warlord, to shoot a key unit to take an objective or to move to contest/take an objective or Linebreaker or...

I believe your opponent would still get Slay the Warlord if the character removed was your war lord because the character has to die for Martyrdom to be used.

Actually, if one of Celestine's Geminae are killed and you trigger Martyrdom from that, it removes Celestine and the other Geminae from the board completely. If it's the last game turn and you have any inkling that your opponent can still get Slay the Warlord (negative morale modifiers on a lost combat, opponent's turn next, Celestine now out in the open to be shot to death by opponent, etc.) you can trigger Stratagem by removing the rest of the unit (which isn't killed, simply removed) while also hopefully getting the AoF benefit out of it.

That's how it would deny StW -- your warlord didn't die, one of the characters in her unit did.

I would think you are splitting some hairs there. I would think that with all the shenanigans Celestine already has, trying to claim such a thing to avoid StW, when the unit isn't present on the table and can't come back to it. Is just asking a bit too much. I think the phrase "remove the unit from the table" portion of the rule sews it up well. For me, it doesn't need a FAQ and is quite clear both RAW and RAI.

Yeah, removed from play is, to me, pretty clearly much the same as killing the unit. Especially when you consider than units in varying sorts of reserves that are off the battlefield when the game ends are considered destroyed. There's a firm precedent that a unit that isn't on the table (and isn't embarked on a transport that is on the table) counts as being destroyed at game end.

I have my Chapter Approved in my very hand :smile.: However I do have one question: Is the Blade of Admonition indeed only 4 points? Or have I completely missed the appropriate entry?

Edited by Montford981

Yes you play for the weapon a relic replacecs (if any) otherwise they're free. You only get to put 1 relic in your army though (based on which codex your warlord is from), but most factions have a stratagem to get more.

The Sister's relic blade is a fantastic weapon because of 3 Base damage. I'm really happy to use my Canoness Veridyan a model equipped with it.

Agreed, a 49 point model with 2+/4++, S5, that hits on 2+ and re-rolls 1's and that 3 damage is a very nice second HQ unit. She is even better when you remember her and Celestine get to do fist bumps after killing all those Heretics. Just imagine if she could still take a jump pack...

Edited by dracpanzer

At this point a jump pack cannoness with a relic blade would be a mandatory auto include.

Even regular jump pack canonesses would be close given their cost.

77pts for a jump unit with a reroll 1s aura, 4+ save, eviscerator, inferno pistol, and martyrdom when killed...