CA GK points changes

Gentlemanloser

No amount of constructive feedback would make any difference. It takes minutes to realise how badly designed our codex is. The reason they fixed nothing in chapter approved is not because of a lack of good ideas, but because they are not willing to put any work in it.

The only thing that can make them move thair asses is to complain directly and to not buy their product.

that is true. the only I found such things to be "fixable" in RL is, if you know someone on the inside. If you know a designer personally or at least they know who/what you are, the stuff can actually get fixed. sometimes even fast or very fast.

Getting mad about it, or wishing the game was other than it is, is just a waste of time and energy.

Lets say I sold you a bike or a phone for 700-800$, and that bike or phone would not work, would not do what you want it to do. you think you wouldn't get mad, just because I have been doing the same thing for 30 years. Specially if I sold you the stuff, just after telling everyone am changed now?

Another log for the fire:

It seems Space Marine librarians, as well as their counterparts in the Deathwatch, Space Wolves and Chaos Space Marines, have seen drastic point reductions in all their forms. As it seems the same drop wont be seen with our Grey Knights that leaves our baby-smiting libby's a hefty 37 points more than the other chapters.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/632/211/aa0.png

Thanks GW :^)

I'll actually give them credit for bringing Terminators down to 43 points (once you include storm bolter). They're still not going to see play, but now the gap between them and Paladins is slightly reduced.

I think as a community we need to just accept that 8th isn't going to be dramatically different to 7th. We got a rushed codex release which was mostly copy+paste, although the GMDK is a hilarious design oversight we will continue to exploit (just as in 7th, they buffed regular DK's for no reason). Most of the 'real' codex releases to follow have been full of cool special rules, strats, combos and tricks. We have a few tricks and like 3 strategems that matter in a normal game. 

I'm still going fine with my GK locally, but I think that has more to do with my group rather than the list itself.

Here's hoping we get some reworking in March. Until then I'll keep my expectations as low as possible.

Same experience for me, until this week.

I had been doing well, lost a couple of close games, one horrific tabling by Magnus, and a lot of strong wins in my local gaming environment.

then I faced a new, well thought out codex. Eldar, nothing I would consider abusive or cheesed did I face. it was essentially aspect warriors of all types, 1 squad of each in wave serpents. 1 rangers, 2 dire avengers, a farseer, a warlock and an autarch.

granted I didn't have an optimised list but it was by no means bad and It was painfully obvious how good the Eldar are now. every single action nearly was accompanied by a special rule, on 6's this happens, I reduce that to 1 damage, its -1 to hit, even my opponent seemed sheepish as to how good it was.

rant over.

Also, Magnus is stupidly good with his 3+ invulnerable save that you can reroll 1s for has so much psychic potential that it's difficult for us to even get a power off, and murders everything he touches. With Warp Time as a power, that'll be on turn 1 generally.

Mortarion feels way more balanced than Magnus.

Yeah Eldar are kinda dumb again. I was worried GW would do this again, and now with Tau on the horizon I'm feeling pessimistic. One of the noticeable things with Eldar is they don't really have any bad units, and plenty of 'fun' choices from last edition are now quite good (Dark Reapers are scary for the first time in what, 3 editions?).

My group just bans Primarchs outright. They're fundamentally unbalanced for matched play. It's fine if both players agree to a game like that, but for our events we simply don't allow them. Regular characters seem fine in 8th, generics are often as good.