Chapter Approved point cost changes

Withershadow

Some good stuff here.

Breachers and Destroyers down 5 points.

Infiltrators down 2 and so are taser goads for total of 4ppm.

Dominus down 10, Enginseer down 5.

Fulgurites down 1.

Vanguard and Rangers down 1 (7 point rangers!)

Wargear also discounted mostly. Fists down 8 points, heavy arc rifles down 2 more (so arc claw/rifle breacher is 40 points).

Eradication Beamer down 5, Ray down 4.

Phosphor pistols down 1, blasters and serpentas down 2.

Enhanced data tether now 5 points.

Radium pistols free. Torsion down 2 points.

Very nice, opened up a good 100-150 points in my lists.

Oh yeah, and Cawl is 10 points cheaper.

Edited by Withershadow

Cawl being cheaper is hilarious after Warhammer Community's statement that his cost was going up. A 4% decrease in cost isn't going to change anything though.

The other stuff is good, but point decreases aren't going to fix the army's fundamental issues.

Rustalkers and servitors just need a rules rewrite, that's probably why they aren't in this.

In any case, nothing got worse, which is more than most can say.

And the Porphyrion got more expensive. Hope they finally gave the FW knights the Questor Mechanicus keyword.

It appears that only that Chaos Porphyrion got more expensive. They've listed the Renegade versions for Knights and Titans in different areas, and while both the Imperium and Chaos section for Titans got the same change, the Loyalist Porphyrion is surprisingly absent.

And the Porphyrion got more expensive. Hope they finally gave the FW knights the Questor Mechanicus keyword.

It appears that only that Chaos Porphyrion got more expensive. They've listed the Renegade versions for Knights and Titans in different areas, and while both the Imperium and Chaos section for Titans got the same change, the Loyalist Porphyrion is surprisingly absent.

No, it's listed on a different page. Not all the leak sites have all the info. I found them here: http://www.3plusplus.net/2017/11/chapter-approved-points-leak/#more-13994

Thanks for the update. I knew it was probably an oversight, but it's still crushing to see it in front of me.

While 60 pts isn't hugely crushing, as a Porphyrion user I certainly don't think it was warranted. I'd almost always rather have the Shadowsword do the same job, often more effectively, while being largelt immune to being blockaded in CC by non-infantry at over 300 pts cheaper

How save is this?

I am surprised by the Cawl point cost degrease...

Actually I am not surprised Cawl’s price went down. He’s a whopper of a point cost that does not suit a lot of playstyles. If you look at the tournament scene AM are not racking up the trophies, and look at the last Grand Tournament. There were only 3[?] codexes out and really Admech had a poor showing.

What did well at that Grand Tournament? Stormravens, AssBacks, Guilliman, Hurricane Boaters, Maelific Lords..... there’s your true GW playtesting, there’s your points increases.

Don’t get me wrong, this is good news for Admech but I play Mars and it’s possibly the least dynamic Dogma, and without Superbots, I was not convinced of Cawl. Keep in mind Astra still own the far range game and AdMech still have big issues in tournament style scenarios with mobility and any objective based scenario.

These are nice changes, for me I’m a fan of red Skitarii on the table, but there’s nothing game changing here. When I think of the opposite scenario with increases to AdMech and increases to Cawl, I honestly think that would have been the nail in the coffin for them competitively, especially considering how codexes are evolving.

These chages in mind, alpha strike, close combat, Psychic phase, and mobility are still issues. But I’m happy to see these changes in the right direction.

Edited by Prot

Your profile pictue has one of the most sinister ducks I have ever seen Prot:whistling:

I am quite happy about all of this I must say, rather regretting not making any data-tethers though.

But infiltrators with the wargear everyone preferred going down, while Ruststalkers remains the same is odd.

Radium pistols should be Pistol 2, but I would still not swap out the rifle.

Your profile pictue has one of the most sinister ducks I have ever seen Prot:whistling:

I am quite happy about all of this I must say, rather regretting not making any data-tethers though.

But infiltrators with the wargear everyone preferred going down, while Ruststalkers remains the same is odd.

Radium pistols should be Pistol 2, but I would still not swap out the rifle.

It's not what it's quacked up to be.

I still think none of these changes is going to make anyone say 'hey I gotta include that in my list now'.  Do you think we'll see Admech winning, or threatening to win a tournament now? Or, perhaps more Destroyers in competitive lists? How about Rustalkers? 

It's okay though, I look at my other armies, and they fared far worse. (I don't play Deathguard or Primaris marines.)

How save is this?

I am surprised by the Cawl point cost degrease...

Actually I am not surprised Cawl’s price went down. He’s a whopper of a point cost that does not suit a lot of playstyles. If you look at the tournament scene AM are not racking up the trophies, and look at the last Grand Tournament. There were only 3[?] codexes out and really Admech had a poor showing.

What did well at that Grand Tournament? Stormravens, AssBacks, Guilliman, Hurricane Boaters, Maelific Lords..... there’s your true GW playtesting, there’s your points increases.

Don’t get me wrong, this is good news for Admech but I play Mars and it’s possibly the least dynamic Dogma, and without Superbots, I was not convinced of Cawl. Keep in mind Astra still own the far range game and AdMech still have big issues in tournament style scenarios with mobility and any objective based scenario.

These are nice changes, for me I’m a fan of red Skitarii on the table, but there’s nothing game changing here. When I think of the opposite scenario with increases to AdMech and increases to Cawl, I honestly think that would have been the nail in the coffin for them competitively, especially considering how codexes are evolving.

These chages in mind, alpha strike, close combat, Psychic phase, and mobility are still issues. But I’m happy to see these changes in the right direction.

I don't think CA could have helped us with mobility or psychic phase anyway, and doubtfully with close combat. 

(Although it is hilarious that CC Kastelan are so expensive.)

We keep getting better, and once Fires of Cyraxus hits, we will finally have our mobility.

But fires of cyraxus is Forgeworld, and hasn't everything Forgeworld been smashed with a nerf bat, points-wise.

However the points reductions that Ad Mech got are very welcome and help quite a bit. I'm just not banking on Fires fixing the armies remaining troubles.

yeah anything FW have been stamped into the ground...I was all for nerfing some of the spamable units like malefic lords but... this was just GW throwing random nerfs towards FW units...greater blight drone 30points more expensive?..it was already overprised and nonone used outside of friendly games..and the list goes on...the big bird was OP sure, but at 1500 points they might as well have said your not allowed to use this in matched games....

Speaking of FW. Have anyone spotted if FW knights got questor mechanicus in chapter approved?

Edited by banis

yeah anything FW have been stamped into the ground...I was all for nerfing some of the spamable units like malefic lords but... this was just GW throwing random nerfs towards FW units...greater blight drone 30points more expensive?..it was already overprised and nonone used outside of friendly games..and the list goes on...the big bird was OP sure, but at 1500 points they might as well have said your not allowed to use this in matched games....

Speaking of FW. Have anyone spotted if FW knights got questor mechanicus in chapter approved?

I wouldn't disparage too much over the points just yet, it's always possible they will get reduced in future, this is only the first chapter approved, and it's going to be used to real ancestors things, and this is the first attempt at tipping the scales around for units like this in 8th Edition. It's possible they will get tipped back if and when they realize they over compensated. Not to say you shouldn't be skeptical at all of course, just that we are treading completely new ground and should wait for a bit more information as to how these rebalancing acts are going to play out.

I wouldn't disparage too much over the points just yet, it's always possible they will get reduced in future, this is only the first chapter approved, and it's going to be used to real ancestors things, and this is the first attempt at tipping the scales around for units like this in 8th Edition. It's possible they will get tipped back if and when they realize they over compensated. Not to say you shouldn't be skeptical at all of course, just that we are treading completely new ground and should wait for a bit more information as to how these rebalancing acts are going to play out.

ohh they will change points in the future..they always do at some point:)... but next chapter approved is a year away so i wouldnt count on that for help.