Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Eldar 1850 tournament

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Shiboinky

Shiboinky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts
Looking for thoughts on my list for an upcoming tournament that I have.

The list is:

Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds)
Craftworld Attribute
Biel-Tan: Swordwind

HQ
Autarch with Swooping Hawk Wings

Farseer
1. Guide, 2. Doom

Troops
5 Dire Avengers
Exarch w/ Avenger Shuriken Catapult

20 Guardian Defenders
2 Guardian Heavy Weapons Platform
Shuriken Cannon

10 Guardian Defenders

Elites
5 Fire Dragons w/ exarch

Fast Attack
2 units of 3 Shining Spears w/ exarch w/ S8 lance

Dedicated Transport

3x Wave Serpent
Crystal Targeting Matrix, Shuriken Cannon, Twin Aeldari Missile Launcher

Spearhead Detachment +1CP

HQ
Spiritseer
4. Protect/Jinx

Spiritseer
1. Conceal/Reveal

Heavy Support
5 Dark Reapers w/ exarch

Fire Prism
Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones

War Walker w/ 2 bright lances

The goal is to start with most of the infantry and lighter targets off the table or in transports which will hopefully allow me to survive most alpha strikes fairly well. Additionally I should have only a few drops, giving me a good chance of going first.

I love the 20 man guardian bomb which can delete a unit, and if in cover, be a bit of a pain to remove by tanking wounds on the 2+ save of the weapon platforms.

I use my own homebrew craftworld, so any of them are possible options. I believe that the other 2 eldar players are both running Alaitoc, so I would prefer to choose another for the sake of variety. I was thinking perhaps Ulthwe for the increased survivability and to turn my guardians extra angry for a turn. Iyanden could help make my vehicles more of a pain in the long run.

Any thoughts would be very welcome!

Bumpinator

Bumpinator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
I don't know much about the 1850 meta, but the list looks a little lacking in anti-tank. Also beil-tan doesn't really need an autarch since you are getting so many rerolls anyway. Can you run forgeworld units? I run alaitoc and saim Hann craftworlds and they seem to do a lot of work. So far I've taken this list to 2 tourneys and placed 2nd at both. Might help you with ideas

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [55 PL, 866pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Alaitoc: Fieldcraft

+ HQ +

Farseer Skyrunner [7 PL, 140pts]: Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Warlock Skyrunner [4 PL, 75pts]: Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

+ Troops +

Rangers [3 PL, 60pts]: 5x Ranger

+ Elites +

Shadow Spectres [19 PL, 165pts]
. 6x Shadow Spectre: 6x Prism Rifle
. Shadow Spectre Exarch: Prism Rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Dark Reapers [7 PL, 135pts]
. 4x Dark Reaper: 4x Reaper Launcher
. Dark Reaper Exarch: Reaper Launcher

Dark Reapers [7 PL, 135pts]
. 4x Dark Reaper: 4x Reaper Launcher
. Dark Reaper Exarch: Reaper Launcher

Wraithlord [8 PL, 156pts]: Aeldari Missile Launcher, Flamer, Flamer, Ghostglaive

++ Air Wing Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [27 PL, 525pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Alaitoc: Fieldcraft

+ Flyer +

Crimson Hunter Exarch [9 PL, 175pts]: Two Bright Lances

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [38 PL, 609pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Saim-Hann: Wild Host

+ HQ +

Autarch Skyrunner [6 PL, 117pts]: Fusion Pistol, The Novalance of Saim-Hann, Twin Shuriken Catapult

+ Fast Attack +

Shining Spears [10 PL, 126pts]
. 3x Shining Spear: 3x Laser Lance, 3x Twin Shuriken Catapult
. Shining Spear Exarch: Star Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Shining Spears [10 PL, 126pts]
. 3x Shining Spear: 3x Laser Lance, 3x Twin Shuriken Catapult
. Shining Spear Exarch: Star Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Vypers [12 PL, 240pts]
. Vyper: Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon

++ Total: [120 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Shiboinky

Shiboinky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts
Thanks for the input! I am able to run forgeworld units, but unfortunately, I will not be able to get them in time. It would be possible to pick up a flyer or two (I like the hemlocks and crimson hunters) although, folks in my meta are starting to get real sick of eldar flyers as we have players that like to run 3 hemlocks in every game. I imagine most will be loaded up on anti air for this tournament!

I agree with the beil tan, I forgot to change that before I posted lol.

Bumpinator

Bumpinator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
Seems like in my meta flyers are amazing because people run almost no anti-flyer weapons. My experience with hemlocks is mixed. Sometimes they do work but often they get focused really hard and don't do a lot of damage. Also the hunters got a fairly sizable point reduction. I think if you want something really good for beil-tal or saim Hann run shining spears. They are cheaper and can kill anything as long as you stuck a farseer skyrunner with them.

Shiboinky

Shiboinky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts
I got the chance to test this list last night against a Cadian list that used 8 Leman Russ tanks with some infantry support. It went really well, however, the missile launchers on the serpents did almost nothing. I am looking at replacing them with something else, but I'm not sure what quite yet. I'm considering maybe bright lances or star cannons.

I also used the Ulthwe craftworld trait for the whole army which was hugely successful. The 6+++ helped keep all 3 serpents alive after my opponent seized the initiative, and the warlord trait combined with using the Autarch's path of command ability ended up giving me another 4 or 5 command points of the course of the 4 turns.

Bumpinator

Bumpinator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
Oh nice! Well I've had some success with shurikan cannons and vectored engines on the wave serpents. I also have used the wave serpent strategem to decent effect to do mortals. I wiped a 10 man sisters squad with a triple shurikan cannon serpent and discharged the shield twice. The only reason I don't run one now is to fill all my slots for detatchments

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users