Space Wolves sighted at Open Day!

Dantay VI

I can't blame the artist/sculptor for this. He is entitled to his own interpretation. The person to blame is the individual who approved the release of the models. I kinda hope that pre-order and sales are low enough that FW will revisit the idea and redo the wolves some justice. Yea I know it's a hail mary shot with that hope but anything is possible if given the right opportunity. I hope they (FW/GW) listens to their customer base when it comes to these things.... if all else fails someone should just start up a new topic, posting their own Varagyr and Praetor with how-to tutorials to make yours better than FWs.

Yes... my hobby mojo was killed by the first preview of these and it's not getting back at all the more they display them.

The torso and legs together is terrible for me since the proportions are so badly done (as in most terminators but moreso in these) that every single mini would need significant conversion to be done.

The fur is just... plain lazy. It should never have been approved, this is underwhelming sculpting. I can do far better fur and I'm an amateur, and dozens of third party companies sculpt better fur. Any darn fur ever sculpted by GW or FW is better than this.

With the rest I can live but after waiting for 3-4 years this feels like a punch in the balls.

That's the main reason I'm not posting anymore. My last hope is with the 40k release of SW. Hopefully GW will do some good 13th company non wulfen to come back with Russ in the new bigger size and that'll be me back.

Yes... my hobby mojo was killed by the first preview of these and it's not getting back at all the more they display them.

The torso and legs together is terrible for me since the proportions are so badly done (as in most terminators but moreso in these) that every single mini would need significant conversion to be done.

The fur is just... plain lazy. It should never have been approved, this is underwhelming sculpting. I can do far better fur and I'm an amateur, and dozens of third party companies sculpt better fur. Any darn fur ever sculpted by GW or FW is better than this.

With the rest I can live but after waiting for 3-4 years this feels like a punch in the balls.

That's the main reason I'm not posting anymore. My last hope is with the 40k release of SW. Hopefully GW will do some good 13th company non wulfen to come back with Russ in the new bigger size and that'll be me back.

Grieux, check out the spoilers for ashes of Prospero, I think great things are on there way, and in plastic

Grieux, check out the spoilers for ashes of Prospero, I think great things are on there way, and in plastic

By the Allfather, I hope we get some new plastic models.

Hop something brings you back...Your Wolves were a real inspiration  for me Grieux

Thank you my friend but I've been seeing you're doing a stellar job of keeping the heresy Vlka flame going strong! Also, I'm not completely out since I'm still working on the Thunderhawk albeit much slower due to the aforementioned mojo loss.

I am so much hoping and holding out for this. I feel a bit weird since I always trusted FW and right now I'm feeling a bit let down and have GW as my only hope! And yes, can't wait for that book!

• 2 months later...

Varagyr heads are NOT sculpted to the torso's.

Thanks God, I can put helmets on them :D

Arms are one piece but hands swap-able.

Torso/legs are one piece

Sorry for necro-ing this. Spoke to someone over on fb who got the varagyr.

Seems intel was wrong and heads are sculpted to the varagyr bodies.

Boo...