Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ordo Xenos - Deathwatch / Inquisition Army - WIP

Deathwatch Inquisition

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Of the night

Of the night

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Hi Everyone! It's been a busy couple of weeks but i've finally finished painting the Vanguard squad and Inquisitor Lorr. So here they are

IMG 20180722 155356

From left to right they are: White Scars, Scythes of the Emperor, Exectioners, Flesh Tearers and Black Dragons. If i'm honest then i regret doing the power weapons in red, shouldve gone with green or blue ah well. I'm still not happy with the white scars pose but oh well, the black dragon actually came out pretty well. I gave him a small forehead horn and a little bone blade on each wrist. I didn't want to go to heavy with them as it would be a bit too much.

Here's the Black Dragons, Scythes of the Emperor and Executioners symbols up close.

IMG 20180722 155016
IMG 20180722 155052
IMG 20180722 155112

And here we have Inquisitor Lorr, nothing too fancy here. Just put a bit more effort into this one as it's a character.

IMG 20180722 154939

I'm sure i'll assemble some of my collection into a kill team for the new Kill team game. Let me know what you think of these new ones.

• Prot, Xisor, Vel'Cona and 2 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,812 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Good job.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Of the night

Of the night

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

Hello again everyone!

Swift on the heels of my last update we have a new squad. I am VERY pleased with how these turned out. Here they are:

IMG 20180723 204333

They are a squad of 5 stalker bolters and Captain Artemis. The stalker bolters are Anvil Industry Negotiator Rifles which are SO cool, i've just green stuffed some shot selectors on them. I find the stalker bolters you get in the actual set to be very small and not that much different to the normal bolters. I always wanted a full sniper feel for them.

Tell me what you think :)

• Vel'Cona and Lemondish like this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 652 posts

Hello again everyone!

Swift on the heels of my last update we have a new squad. I am VERY pleased with how these turned out. Here they are:

They are a squad of 5 stalker bolters and Captain Artemis. The stalker bolters are Anvil Industry Negotiator Rifles which are SO cool, i've just green stuffed some shot selectors on them. I find the stalker bolters you get in the actual set to be very small and not that much different to the normal bolters. I always wanted a full sniper feel for them.

Tell me what you think smile.png

Absolutely love 'em. Did you use a mold for those shot selectors? 

Of the night

Of the night

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

No i just did it with a sculpting tool, they aren't exactly the same size but it does the job. 

• Vel'Cona likes this

Kyknos of Athena

Kyknos of Athena

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 704 posts
  • Faction: Twilight Wardens

Cool vanguard vets. Really like the Ork-jaw on the Black Dragon! thumbsup.gif

formerly: LordVelype

"I am starting to find you rather hot, mortal... wub.gif "

Shewhothirsts, to Kyknos of Athena

Part of the War of Light AU-project: XVIIIth Legion Dreadspears