New releases for Dark Angels

Chaplain Raeven

125 for Special Edition with dice and data cards

85 for Normal Edition with dice and data cards

80 for Special Edition

40 For Normal Edition

Ill be getting the special edition. Cant help it. sarted with DA 7th, then Skitarri 7th, Cult Mech 7th, Nids 8th, and in a few hours DA 8th

Edited by jbaeza94

The 4++ jink is only vs shooting. Not vs all attacks like previously thought. So no using the strategem to advance then charge in with a 4++. Shame, but oh well...

Codex review up from StrikingScorpion82 for those interested on his youtube channel.

link ?
Edited by Darkwrath121

Did they remove Belial's alternate wargear?  I never used him with the sword and storm bolter, but he was an absolute beast with a Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield, leading Knights into battle.

I'm still baffled that Azrael & Lion's Roar still kill the bearer on a 1. You think it would just be mortal wounds for such relics and special characters...

Other thing is the video reviews have shown the Mace of Redemption replacing Power Maul only, so can't replace Interrogator Chaplain Crozius Arcanum which is a shame.

Foe Smiter seems average, Rapid Fire 2 Storm Bolter S4 -1 D2. New Power Sword relic is nice though, same as a Relic Blade with + 1 extra attack.

And no Belial lost his claws & th/ss. Watch Striking Scorpions video review for visual proof. Expected along with the rest of GW's "remove things without official models" mentality.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Zectz

I'm still baffled that Azrael & Lion's Roar still kill the bearer on a 1. You think it would just be mortal wounds for such relics and special characters...

Other thing is the video reviews have shown the Mace of Redemption replacing Power Maul only, so can't replace Interrogator Chaplain Crozius Arcanum which is a shame.

Foe Smiter seems average, Rapid Fire 2 Storm Bolter S4 -1 D2. New Power Sword relic is nice though, same as a Relic Blade with + 1 extra attack.

And no Belial lost his claws & th/ss. Watch Striking Scorpions video review for visual proof. Expected along with the rest of GW's "remove things without official models" mentality.

Edit: Typo

Just use the index for this.

Gathered from Winters SEO

Talon master 188pts (including Wargear I believe?)

Black knights 46pts (down 4pts)

Ravenwing attack bikes (down 10pts)

Ravenwing bikes (down 7pts)

Dark talon (down 40pts)

Ravenwing landspeeder (down 15pts)

He still has claws and th/ss

Not from what I can see when watching the Codex review.  I'm not talking about the Index.  It's not a big deal for me - I kitbashed a model for him from a Deathwing Knight and magnetized all three weapons options so I can swap out.

Is it just me???? I do not see the pre orders for DA up on the gamesworkshop page. Mind you I am using USA settings.

They don't go live in the USA until 1pm Eastern.

Definitely use the index for any missing options. Though Belial's standard gear is way better than either index variant, IMO.

I strongly disagree. If you're at range to use the Sword, the storm bolter is useless - and vice versa.  The Storm Shield is never useless and the Hammer is brutal.  I used him to single-handedly take out a squad of Eldar bikers who were foolish enough to let him charge.  My opponent didn't fall back because he thought he could beat me.

Sammael's WL trait is any DA within 6" reroll the dice for advancing. That's good for Sammael himself but for all the guys he's gunna be with (bikes), it's completely useless.

Well, you can still reroll charge...

Oh it's charges too? Nevermind then :biggrin.:

Definitely use the index for any missing options. Though Belial's standard gear is way better than either index variant, IMO.

I strongly disagree. If you're at range to use the Sword, the storm bolter is useless - and vice versa.  The Storm Shield is never useless and the Hammer is brutal.  I used him to single-handedly take out a squad of Eldar bikers who were foolish enough to let him charge.  My opponent didn't fall back because he thought he could beat me.

With the sword you get a -1 to be hit in the fight phase, better to-hit rolls, and wound on a 2+ vs any non-vehicle unit. This lets you take on characters and monsters over 4 toughness better than the thunder hammer. You are weaker vs shooting, but being a character protects you from most of that. The -1 to being hit helps alleviate the slightly weaker invulnerable save. The storm bolter is just a bonus (and his new warlord trait lets you shoot it at characters at will, greatly increasing its value).

I feel if you are relying heavily on that storm shield, you're probably in a bad spot. You're better using those in your other squads, where an apothecary can bring them back to life.

Maybe it has been mentioned or its nothing new but chapter ancient has sacred banner. If your model dies and gets up to shoot one last time, it shoots with BS 2+. And for some reason WS 2+ is mentioned. Maybe Dark Angel banner lets people get up in the fight phase too? Somebody enlighten me.

Nobody wants to clarify that for me?;(

The codex is out next week, and the vids aren't clear enough to read the wording. The index wording is that 'it can make a single attack in the shooting phase, or a single attack in the fight phase on the roll of a 4+ when a model is destroyed', so unless that changed, that's what's what.

Nobody wants to clarify that for me?;(

The codex is out next week, and the vids aren't clear enough to read the wording. The index wording is that 'it can make a single attack in the shooting phase, or a single attack in the fight phase on the roll of a 4+ when a model is destroyed', so unless that changed, that's what's what.

It has an additional rule called Sacred Standard alongside the chapter banner rule. Nobody noticed it yet? It say something about that you can make that additional last attack on ws bs 2+.

I feel if you are relying heavily on that storm shield, you're probably in a bad spot. 

TH&SS is niche useful but sometimes is worth a look.

You guys apparently never used Deathwing Knights.  They seem to do pretty well without a Storm Bolter.  Also, you may have missed mention of just how unkillable he was last time I used him with TH/SS.

It's nice that he's always had alternate loadouts but I'm still not buying their rationale for not publishing rules that they don't have models for - that never stopped them with Blood Bowl, for instance.

I feel if you are relying heavily on that storm shield, you're probably in a bad spot.

TH&SS is niche useful but sometimes is worth a look.

You guys apparently never used Deathwing Knights. They seem to do pretty well without a Storm Bolter. Also, you may have missed mention of just how unkillable he was last time I used him with TH/SS.

It's nice that he's always had alternate loadouts but I'm still not buying their rationale for not publishing rules that they don't have models for - that never stopped them with Blood Bowl, for instance.

The rules have changed drastically though, and not being able to target characters is already a big boost in survivability. That means that dropping the shield is not a bad call. The sword adds a good chance to miss in close combat for your opponent, while he wounds any non-vehicles better than the hammer. He can still shoot as well.

I guess it really depends on how you want to use him. With a TH&SS he's more useful against vehicles, when with the current loadout, he's simply better suited to dueling.