Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2500 Ulthwe Craftworld

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

shgreen1

shgreen1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

I'm trying to work out a list for 2500 points of Craftworld eldar.  I would like to use the majority of the models I already have, but I'm not opposed to purchasing new ones.  I really just need any excuse....

Anyway this is what I have so far.

Brigade detachment +9 CP

HQ

[100] Farseer - Guide, doom, Faolchu's wing

[35] Warlock - Conceal/Reveal

[35] Warlock - Quicken/Restrain

Troops

[105] 10 guardians w/ bright lance

[105] 10 guardians w/ bright lance

[80]  10 guardians

[60] 5 rangers

[60] 5 rangers

[90] 8 storm guardians w/ 2 fusion guns

Elite

[82] 6 striking scorpions w/ exarch and scorpion claw

[225] 5 wraithguard w/ D-scythe

[225] 5 wraithguard w/ D-scythe

Fast attack

[82] 6 swooping hawks w/ exarch and sunrifle

[70] viper with 2 shuriken cannons

[98] 5 warp spiders w/ exarch and twin death spinners

Heavy support

[135] 5 dark reapers w/ exarch

[110] 2 support weapon batteries w/ shadow weavers

[210] 3 war walkers with shuriken cannons

Transports

[139] wave serpent w/ vectored engines and shuriken cannons

[139] wave serpent w/ vectored engines and shuriken cannons

Harlequins patrol detachment

HQ

[65] Troop master w/ harlequin's embrace

Troops

[150] 5 players troop all w/ fusion pistols and embraces

This starts me with 12 CPs with the chance of gaining an additional CP each turn with the Fate Reader warlord trait.  With a great deal of useful eldar stratagems, plus re-rolls I think I should have a great deal of tactical flexibility. 

Please, any comments or criticisms are very welcome.

Bumpinator

Bumpinator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
You have almost no anti-tank besides the patrol detachment which is going to leave you up a creek without a brightlance. I think the patrol detachment is a bit much unless you just LOVE harliquins. I would switch the scorpions out with firedragons, add more vypers and stick brightlanc e's on either the vypers or the warwalkers. Or add in a crimson exarch or dark reapers for ranged support

Marshal Wolfhart

Marshal Wolfhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 504 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Shadow weaver support weapons are plain bad. I got three paltforms myself and love the models, but i find myself using vibros if i know i got some big scary CC monsters coming up or D-Cannons for oomph. Weavers are too weak in number of shots against hordes and too unreliable in AP against armored stuff.

Last game i fell in love with a farseer with faolchus wing, mind war and executioner. Drop the stratagem for one extra power on him and you can mindwar, executioner and smite in the same turn (i got embolden on him and a squad of swooping hawks to make mindwar worth) to pile on those mortal wounds. Not overly competitive but boy did i get some laughs out of that :D

No pity.

No remorse.

No fear.

gallery_72918_14801_46020.jpg

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,784 posts

I agree, the Harlequins don't bring enough to the list IMHO. If you drop them, you can afford to make your Brigade punchier. Some ideas from my pwn experience would be as follow:

1. Upgrade the Warlocks to Spiritseers. 10 points for twice as many wounds is a bargain. You get the full-fat version of Smite and you will not go POP to a single perils.

2. Bright Lances on the War Walkers are a good bet. That is a lot of anti-tank in one place which makes them a great target for Guide. Their deployment options mean they can avoid an enemy alpha strike and arrive near your Farseer.

3. Maybe try to rearrange your Guardians so that you can have 1 unit of 20 for a webway bomb. Do you have any more Rangers or Dire Avengers?

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

CapitaineQC

CapitaineQC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts
Im my opinion you're like 15 dark reaper short, also flyer? Hemlock is a no brainer for me.
Troupe master would be better of replaced by a shadowseer....farseer can doom anywai!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users