Chapter Approved Necron Content

NTaW

So far I haven't been able to find anything aside from this FW update in the CA leaks. It looks like, as of now, Necrons either don't get a points update or they're the next Codex out after Daemons. Anyone else found anything of interest?

24774119808_ae1eea5d9c_z.jpg

Edited by NTaW

Just lifted this from Fb:

Warlord Trait:

Enduring Will: any Necron character other than a C’Tan, reduces damage your Warlord takes by 1 to a minimum of 1.

Stratagems:

Repair Subroutines: 2 CP, allows a Canoptek unit to use Reanimation Protocols until the end of your turn.

Enhanced Reanimation Protocols: 2 CP, used before making a RP roll, allows you to re-roll rolls of 1.

Relic:

The Veil of Darkness: once per battle, the bearer and one friendly Necron Infantry units within 3″ may deep-strike anywhere on the table more than 9″ away from enemy units. Both units must end up wholly within 6″ of one another

Not excited. I mean it's nice stuff and all but compared to a full dex it's just that, nice. Feels like 'crons need a little bit more than "nice" to work well so I'll be waiting for the Codex.

No point fixes rumored to mean dex on the horizon though, so there's that!

There's no point changes for a couple other Factions as well, January will be a busy month if that's the case.

That being said Veil of Darkness is awesome and reducing damage by 1 is better than any other Warlord Trait there is available. Being able to make RP rolls for a unit of Wraiths could be quite handy as well given how sticky that unit can be and that most every Necron list I've seen is at least 6 CPs. I agree it doesn't solve any of the army's issues but it adds a bit more flavour than there was before; maybe not a scotch bonnet spicy but at least sriracha zest :lol:

Meh.

With all the attentions to Marines/Chaos/Eldar, Necrons seem a bit bland in this edition :sad.:

Those factions you listed all have their Codex. Pretty much all the index entries were straightforward to the point of being dull. Once Necrons get their 'dex, I am sure they will be more interesting.