Axillary LOW detachments

Madmonkeyman

So if I take an axillary low detachment ( it is different from an axillary support detachment which has -1 cp) can I use stratagems , warlord traits etc

Was thinking of running Magnus as a low axillary and using new chapter approved stratagems etc

In the rule book axillary support detachments don't get access to stratagems but it doesn't say anything about axillary low

Rules as written from the Stratagems page of the Death Guard codex would suggest that, yes, an Auxiliary Lord of War detachment will open up the stratagems.

Warlord traits simply require your Warlord to have the correct keywords and be a character.

I used the Death Guard codex as it was the one closest to hand at the time of writing this.

• 3 weeks later...

Unless the codex you are using for that detachment has a specific restriction then the LoW Aux detachment is just like any other, I am not aware of any codexes that restrict stratagems like that but the guard codex does prevent units in an LoW Aux detachment benefiting from regimental bonuses.