Have Deathwatch players adopted Primaris Marines?

Ishagu

Appreciate the time writing out the comparisons. It definitely shows what could be worthwhile.

Definitely note that for Inceptors vs Vet w/ HB, you can only have 4 heavy weapon choices per kill team.

And for the aggressor comparison - ya the dudes have more wounds, but I wonder if I could get more shots off (since it's AP0 / 1D) with Vets and storm bolters. 105 pts? 10 shots @ 24" or 20 shots @ 12." I don't know.... aggressors are weird to me. I can see them being more nifty in regular space marines.

5 vets with storm bolters is 105pts and 10 shots from 13-24, 20 from 0-12.

3 aggressors is 111pts and 28.5 shots at 0-18. Or 57 shots at 0-18 if they don't move.

Its not even close.

Each aggressor will do 6+d6 shots at s4, so they'll always have more shots for the same approx. points.

kbMbVxI.jpg

Can you post a closeup of the Lamenter's pad? I've seen that on the shapeways store, but I wasn't sure how it'd look withh the raised checker pattern.

Hey there, 

I don't have anything closer than this shot at the moment, but the pad is from pop goes the monkey and has raised detail on it. I rather suck at freehand work so i got pads with raised detail for all five of the models in this shot. I cheated a bit as the white checkerboard 'boxes' should be in the recesses - but I can't paint that without messing it up :) .

Simply put these are superb products, would highly recommend them - in fact I like them so much that my new army will be a Lamenters force.

Here is the link for the lamenters pads by themselves:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/2Z7TGSA5S/lamented-heart-gen2-crusader-shoulder-x10?optionId=59093880&li=ostatus

And in a deathwatch set (this is the one on the model in the picture above):

https://www.shapeways.com/product/782U8JBER/deathwatch-38-chapter-origin-set?optionId=61393758&li=ostatus

I'll see if I can get you a clearer shot when I'm back home tonight