Chapter Approved: New Strats, Relic and Trait

CrusherJoe

So now chapter approved has been out a week, how are people finding the changes/additions?

Hows that strats working out? The Sword? Etc

Sword is solid. If sisters could put a jump pack on a canoness you'd be seeing them all over.

Faith stratagem is also solid.

Deny stratagem is a coin flip (literally). Not a substitute for real anti-psyker but a chance to prevent something you otherwise couldn't.

Warlord trait is terrible - do no take, ever.

Celestine/repressor price increases expected and not too bad. Also brings the other transports back into play.

Weapon cost cuts also good. Handflamers still don't really pack enough punch and 2pt stormbolters make condemnors pointless. Inferno seraphim increased in appeal.

Lot of stuff not addressed at all.

The Faith Strategem is really good for Sisters players who run a lot of characters. I actually ran extra Dialogus' just for the sake of having a cheap Martyrdom trigger- it worked. The Deny is fine considering what we lack. The Sword is excellent, Warlord Trait is worthless.

The sword is good on a canoness, makes her a terror against other characters and small/medium monsters (especially if paired with an inferno pistol). The act of Faith stratagem was nice, but not at all game breaking (it won't be unless you build to abuse it): the death of a mistress of repentance allowed me to move into position to kill Old One Eye. The Deny worked once, failed once: it is okay, but only comes up if a smite or something is going to be game changing.

Git to have a quick game today. Yes, that sword is juicy! Auto include. Now id actually consider taking extra wounds- i mean celestians for the cannoness.

The martyrdom is actually really fun when it works and you got a unit in prime position.

That warlord trait. Yeah thats pants. Had my cannoness wander off it was that pointless. Not if the trait was an AS unit in 6 inches cant lose more that 1 model to morale, thatd be worth it.

That warlord trait. Yeah thats pants. Had my cannoness wander off it was that pointless. Not if the trait was an AS unit in 6 inches cant lose more that 1 model to morale, thatd be worth it.

If you want the extra leadership always take the generic +1 Ld trait from the rulebook rather than the sisters warlord trait - it's about twice as powerful and doesn't conflict with the dialogus (more useful now that she grants faith when she pops) or the command point reroll.

There is no reason to ever take the sisters warlord trait.

I feel like whoever designed that WT forgot that the Sisters already have a cheap unit which does the same.

Agreed, though the Imagifer does it with more Martyrdom!

I got my first game in today with the CA stuff. An Imagifer holding an objective (buffing rets who couldn't) was taken down in my opponents shooting phase. Used the strategem to move a six girl unit of Repentia up in front of the 15 girl BSS squad across the front of my deployment zone. Right in the way of the Berzerkers looking to charge the BSS. Charged them anyways, dropped CP to put them into the charge phase and the survivor actually killed two Khornate Heretics. AoF on my turn, Rets blew the Zerkers off the table. Was fun!

Edited by dracpanzer

If you want the extra leadership always take the generic +1 Ld trait from the rulebook rather than the sisters warlord trait - it's about twice as powerful and doesn't conflict with the dialogus (more useful now that she grants faith when she pops) or the command point reroll.

There is no reason to ever take the sisters warlord trait.

gotta agree, i mean take a 55pt inq and you get smite, a deny and +2 leadership(+3 if you kill sarge first) so it's just better and let's Celestine keep her 7 attacks.

I really like the idea of a condemnor, and prior to stormbolters being reduced in cost, they were a worthwhile upgrade (as well as in 7th, where it would aitotrigger perils per hit)

I think that Comdemnors should instead deal mortal wounds if they hit a psyker, and cost five points (?). They still wouldn't be an amazing auto take, but having squad leaders equipped with them would be worth it, and if they ever fix celestians, having a Celestian Witch Hunter squad would be dope.

Disappointed by the first, not surprised at all with the second, but official Chapter Approved errata:

-Blade of Admonition:

Add the following sentence:

"A Geminae Superia may not wield the Blade of Admonition."

Q. Can I use the Martyrdom Stratagem when any model in the Celestine unit is slain?

A. No. Only when the entire unit has been destroyed.

Disappointed by the first, not surprised at all with the second, but official Chapter Approved errata:

-Blade of Admonition:

Add the following sentence:

"A Geminae Superia may not wield the Blade of Admonition."

Q. Can I use the Martyrdom Stratagem when any model in the Celestine unit is slain?

A. No. Only when the entire unit has been destroyed.

Drats, though it makes sense and was RAI.