Escalation type campaign help

Emprah2508

Hey guys and girls i need some help writing 4 lists for an escalation style campaign. The points boundaries are 500, 1000, 1500 and 2000 points. The rules are that the first list must be in the patrol detachment and that each list must be carried over to the next points bracket. (The expection is that the detachments that the units are part of can change just not the units themselves).

I will buying more deathwatch stuff for this so go crazy with whatever units you suggest.

Thanks

Up to you pick stuff you like :) at 500 points I'd have a watch captain with a mc Boltgun and xenophase blade, 2 squads of 5 marines with a frag cannon and 2 ss in each (as they are only 5 pts now and look cool!) and a venerable dreadnought with ml and lascannon. You can then expand with another squad, a librarian and a flyer to get to 1k. After that it gets easier! Think what armies are your opponents using? Lots of vehicles more flyers/Las/Melta hordes - flyers, ass backs, frag cannons etc go crazy

To take out high wound count models you will need Melta guns/lascannons at range as they do high damage. In close combat you need thunderhammers so terminators basically as they are most likely to survive any attack backs. We don't get multi meltas in any volume which is a shame.

However, the rumoured new stratagem allows us to redeploy a unit to outside 9" away but within 6" of another. Might be handy for shifting that combi meltas squad into position.

The only sad part is a vet with a combi melta costs 38pts and 5 will cost 190 you maybe better getting more ven dreads as they hit on 2s and ignore wounds on a 6....up to you! :)

To take out high wound count models you will need Melta guns/lascannons at range as they do high damage. In close combat you need thunderhammers so terminators basically as they are most likely to survive any attack backs. We don't get multi meltas in any volume which is a shame.

However, the rumoured new stratagem allows us to redeploy a unit to outside 9" away but within 6" of another. Might be handy for shifting that combi meltas squad into position.

The only sad part is a vet with a combi melta costs 38pts and 5 will cost 190 you maybe better getting more ven dreads as they hit on 2s and ignore wounds on a 6....up to you! :smile.:

*cough* Hellblasters *cough* plus captain *cough* rapid-fire goodness *cough* :ph34r.:

Yeah ive always liked the look of the thermal cannon and it means it will be better at killing the various tanks ill be facing

Why not take both, though? TC + gatling for maximum dakka? :whistling: You'll need something to kill screens en masse anyway if you're going with DW...

I find that IK in general in this edition are roughly interchangeable since most of their games come down to shoot/stomp anyway.  If you're plumping for one the only bad choice IMHO is the Gallant, but I'm not a fan of giving up the big gun for melee flexibility that the IK ultimately won't really need.

500:

HQ

Artemis

TROOPS

Vet squad:

Frag cannon

Power sword

Vet squad:

Infernus heavy bolter

Xenophase blade

Vet squad:

3 x shotgun

Power sword

1000:

Same as before including:

HQ

Watch master

FLYER

Black star:

Assualt cannons

Stormstrike missiles

Auspex scanner

ELITES

Venerable dreadnought:

Close combat weapon

Plasma cannon

1500 adds the knight. What are your thoughts?

Your 1000 pts list is 43 points over.

WM is 130

Corvus is 251

Ven Dread is 162 (must take at least SB with CCW)

Swapping out Artemis for a cheaper HQ, and changing the Ven dread to a regular dread with LC/Autocannon instead would be my suggestions to solve points trouble and bring better guns.

Always doublecheck battlescribe's point values and options though... Battlescribe is a useful tool, but i have seen way too many illegal wargear options and wrong point values to trust it completely.

Seconded.  I enjoy throwing together quick lists with it but I always double check my lists.

It obviously depends on which version of the list, and I haven't actually used battlescribe since 7th.  But, off the top of my head I had problems with some of the horus heresy, sisters of battle, and chaos space marine lists.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "don't use battlescribe".  I used battlescribe a lot during 6th and 7th.  I just want people to be aware that it isn't a substitute for having a codex.