Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Post Chapter Approved.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

synthaside

synthaside

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

I too have stopped giving my rangers and vanguard pistols  the rifle is free and its pretty tidy , If I've got the points they will get taser goads, ive seen a magical double 6  from a goad wounding 6 times killing a space smurf Warlod .

Edited by synthaside, 01 December 2017 - 03:04 PM.

• Vel'Cona likes this

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,824 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cadian 317th

I too have stopped giving my rangers and vanguard pistols  the rilfe is free and its pretty tidy , If I've got the points they will get taser goads, ive seen a magical double 6  from a goad wounding 6 times killing a space smurf Warlod .

I'm just annoyed I already have a handful painted with pistols.  They're just not worth the points anymore :(

Losing 'hope' after 10k years just because of a big warp storm? Doesn't sound like my Blood Angels.

Never had hope to begin with; they had duty, and that was enough.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gif

DeStinyFiSh

DeStinyFiSh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 482 posts

I too have stopped giving my rangers and vanguard pistols  the rilfe is free and its pretty tidy , If I've got the points they will get taser goads, ive seen a magical double 6  from a goad wounding 6 times killing a space smurf Warlod .

I'm just annoyed I already have a handful painted with pistols.  They're just not worth the points anymore sad.png

Rule of cool, CC weapon just looks better, especially with a pistol cool.png

But I too never used one, does not make any sense to me. But since I think Yoda thinks about what he is doing I am curious the see the reason behind it msn-wink.gif

synthaside

synthaside

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

Oh I build them  with cc and pistol ... for looks but i dont think i've ever been in a situation where the pistol has been useful.

I Think they messed up arc entirely ...it needs to be -2 ap to do its " anti-vehicle role " or give them access to the gamma pistol which the datasmith carries ...   right now it's more of a fizzle than an Arc.

I'd actually take a strength 4 higher ap pistol over any of our choices once  your vangurd are in combat unless your fighting T5  wounding isnt much of an issue .

Edited by synthaside, 01 December 2017 - 03:17 PM.

RealMirage

RealMirage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10 posts

I'm just annoyed I already have a handful painted with pistols.  They're just not worth the points anymore sad.png

Rule of cool, CC weapon just looks better, especially with a pistol cool.png

But I too never used one, does not make any sense to me. But since I think Yoda thinks about what he is doing I am curious the see the reason behind it msn-wink.gif

What if Arc was something like...

-1 to Wound and -1 Damage (Down to a minimum of 1) against non-vehicles.

And +1 to Hit +1 to Wound and its D6 damage against vehicles?

DeStinyFiSh

DeStinyFiSh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 482 posts

For me it is ok... guys, it is just 4 points for a S6 AP-1 Rapidfire weapon. It is very solid against everything up to T5 and 3+ save, and if it gets through an AV it can hurt a lot. Most vehicles just have a 3+ save, so with the Arc weapons only 50% of the wounds will be saved.

It is just not the no brainer AV killer it used to be in 7th...

• banis likes this

synthaside

synthaside

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

We were talking about the Arc Pistol,  so Pistol 1 rather than rapid fire   ... Arc weapons are  "fine " they just aren't particularly good at what their niche roll
its supposed to be ...  maybe .... 1 damage -1 against infantry  d3 damage  d3 ap  Vs vehicles.

Representing the unpredictable nature of shooting whats supposed to a tesla gun. 

Yoda79

Yoda79

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts
I use breachers as screener . Using arc for smaller targets transports etc. I love their durability and their weapons might not be so super but will do for 120 points. Need the screen. Wish destroyers where bs 3+ and breachers was 3+.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,224 posts

Hold on to your britches, Breachers are coming out.

With point adjustments I am now trying 5 of them! Looking forward to actually trying something new.

• Xisor and Vel'Cona like this

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,824 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cadian 317th

With point adjustments I am now trying 5 of them! Looking forward to actually trying something new.

It's crazy how a moderate points adjustment can boost a flagging unit.  C: SM players are busting out the Inceptors/Aggressors now!  Here's hoping the Breachers actually get some legit table-time  :)

I for one am moderately annoyed that the 6 Destroyers I have are still semi-pants.  It seems like 50% of what I painted up a couple years back are now subpar.

Losing 'hope' after 10k years just because of a big warp storm? Doesn't sound like my Blood Angels.

Never had hope to begin with; they had duty, and that was enough.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gif

synthaside

synthaside

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts

I'm Almost certain no-ones going to flinch if you proxy them destroyers as breachers provided you weren't also running destroyers armed the same . 
It's literally the same unit with a different weapon loadout and torso adjustment, I  put them track plates on mine anyway rule of cool , I was worried that people would make a dal about me running,  Rustalkers as power sword infiltrators most people don't seem to give a hoot as they are obviously the same  model just with guns .

Im aware this probably wouldn't fly in tournament play but it is what it is .

Edited by synthaside, 06 December 2017 - 02:13 PM.

Redtoof

Redtoof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts
I just added up my list with the new points, I'm almost 100 points down from where I was. Crazy!

On the subject of Breachers - I've been using them with arc rifles because they look cool. They have been a surprisingly intimidating choice that I usually put on a flank or at the tip of an advance. They tend to die early but better them than something more expensive. When they get the chance to shoot they usually do ok. They are pretty handy against heavy infantry like Terminators and low wound count vehicles like dreadnoughts. I don't think they have yet survived to attack in melee in 8th, so I advise stick to the arc claws.
Was Inquisitor Quidam. Now I've slipped into something more comfortable.

Battle reports:
Tyranids: http://www.bolterand...yranid-battles/
Ad Mech: http://www.bolterand...admech-battles/
Orks: http://www.bolterand...s-orky-battles/
Chaos: http://www.bolterand...-chaos-battles/

seriade

seriade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts

It's crazy how a moderate points adjustment can boost a flagging unit.  C: SM players are busting out the Inceptors/Aggressors now!  Here's hoping the Breachers actually get some legit table-time  smile.png

I for one am moderately annoyed that the 6 Destroyers I have are still semi-pants.  It seems like 50% of what I painted up a couple years back are now subpar.

Aggressors were usable before the point drop they were just expensive and you needed to devote alot of points to protect them.  Interceptors are still questionable but plasma interceptors are worth testing now.  Boter interceptors have to compete with a much more efficient unit.  

With the talk of adding graxfax to lists to help deal with psychic issues has anyone considered adding a black Templar patrol of scouts to provide an army screen and shutdown psychic actions with their stratagem?

DeStinyFiSh

DeStinyFiSh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 482 posts

With the talk of adding graxfax to lists to help deal with psychic issues has anyone considered adding a black Templar patrol of scouts to provide an army screen and shutdown psychic actions with their stratagem?

You can to the same with a unit of 5 Graia Rangers and their stratagem msn-wink.gif

• Prot and Vel'Cona like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users