Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necromunda Bases

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Silas7

Silas7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 317 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson fists

Has anyone seen these up close?

https://www.games-wo...32mm-Bases-2017

I like em but if they have the same lack of crispness as the sector imperialis bases i'd have to pass.

There is only the Emperor and he is our shield and protector.

gallery_45765_11565_21922.png

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,388 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raptors & Ad-Mech

i have both lots of them and they are painting up very well,i'm at work so don't have access to any pics...i'm painting my Escher Gangers bases at the moment,about half way through some,would you like me to post a shot of them here before i put them on them so you can clearly see the detail?...

cheers, Mithril

• Silas7 likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.png

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,576 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Spectres & More

https://i.imgur.com/zQTGFSX.jpg

• Silas7 likes this

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Silas7

Silas7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 317 posts

No rush Mithril

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,570 posts
  • Chapter Name: Carcharodon Astra

Has anyone seen these up close?

https://www.games-wo...32mm-Bases-2017

I like em but if they have the same lack of crispness as the sector imperialis bases i'd have to pass.

They LOOK uncrisp from photos, but we all know plastic models unpainted can look less crisp in photos due to lighting.

Spikey Bits did an unboxing, he said the detail is standard GW quality (i.e. crisp), but the bases themselves are not as detailed and deep as the Sector Mechanicus ones, so they APPEAR less crisp.

So basically the Necromunda bases are crisp, but the sculpts are simple and shallow. Hope they make them in 40mm so I can finally rebase my army to Zone Mortalis without having to use the outdoorsy industrial Sector bases.

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,388 posts

Hope they make them in 40mm so I can finally rebase my army to Zone Mortalis without having to use the outdoorsy industrial Sector bases.

Not being rude, but how are you calling these outdoorsy?...no gravel,sand,dirt or debris to suggest that?... sweat.gif

med_gallery_9146_6928_132260.jpg

Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.png

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,570 posts
  • Chapter Name: Carcharodon Astra

The grating makes it look like an industrial complex, which are typically outdoors, even when roofed. Think the scenery it goes along with, or the walkways around a nuclear power plant.

Interior bases, on the other hand, would be like the Necromunda ones. Ship decks, Space Hulks, and Zone Mortalis typically have a single slab aesthetic. The two-level design of the Sector Mechanicus bases screams outdoors/open area, and not cramped interior.

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

MagicHat

MagicHat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 433 posts

I would say they are definitely crisper then Sector Imperialis, although they feel kinda samey. Also, you apparently get them a random number of each.

Checking my 25mm, I have 14 from underhive, 20 from 2 packs of 10 and 10 from the barricades and objectives. Here is a picture how many of each sort I got from each pack.

Only the 14 from Underhive in top left had one of every sort.

Of my 10 32mm, 7 are the same, then 2, and 1. Although there seems to only be 4 variants of the 32mm, I still missed one.

• Silas7 likes this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,388 posts

fair enough, but iv'e seen many an industrial building interior and storage warehousing with mesh decking in real life ... happy.png

anyways, each to their own.

@ Silas7 - Not a Problem mate, when i finish some i'll post em up in a day or so, i myself hated the last batch of bases that they made (a friend has his army on them and although his army is awesome i still think the bases are naff)

Ever since they made the New "outdoorsy" tongue.png  Sector Mechanicus bases and these new Necromunda ones i can say they def are much better !!

Cheers, Mithril 

• Silas7 likes this

Ulfgrim Alvsbane

Ulfgrim Alvsbane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,853 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

What I like about them is that they have a flat surface - I don't have to move my model all around to find a spot where the feet are flat on the floor.

• MagicHat and Silas7 like this
"We come home to pray, to reflect, to remember, before we journey back to the stars.
Hatred keeps us crusading, Regret brings us home. Shame always calls us back." - ADB

Silas7

Silas7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 317 posts

I would say they are definitely crisper then Sector Imperialis, although they feel kinda samey. Also, you apparently get them a random number of each.

Checking my 25mm, I have 14 from underhive, 20 from 2 packs of 10 and 10 from the barricades and objectives. Here is a picture how many of each sort I got from each pack.

Only the 14 from Underhive in top left had one of every sort.

Of my 10 32mm, 7 are the same, then 2, and 1. Although there seems to only be 4 variants of the 32mm, I still missed one.

Wow that's really odd, did the bases come on a sprue or were they pre-clipped? If they were on a sprue you probably should have gotten a more even distribution.

MagicHat

MagicHat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 433 posts

They were all pre-clipped.

How many of each did the rest of you end up with?

Silas7

Silas7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 317 posts
I haven't gotten any but I've only bought one sector imperialis box to go by, which now that I'm looking at i notice the box says 'made in china'.

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts

i got 2 boxes of the necro base and they are nice quality, pre clipped with almost no flash etc. Detail are crisp and different to the Sector imperialis so that i can break up the units.

• Silas7 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users