Necromunda Bases

Silas7

i have both lots of them and they are painting up very well,i'm at work so don't have access to any pics...i'm painting my Escher Gangers bases at the moment,about half way through some,would you like me to post a shot of them here before i put them on them so you can clearly see the detail?...

cheers, Mithril

Has anyone seen these up close?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Necromunda-32mm-Bases-2017

I like em but if they have the same lack of crispness as the sector imperialis bases i'd have to pass.

They LOOK uncrisp from photos, but we all know plastic models unpainted can look less crisp in photos due to lighting.

Spikey Bits did an unboxing, he said the detail is standard GW quality (i.e. crisp), but the bases themselves are not as detailed and deep as the Sector Mechanicus ones, so they APPEAR less crisp.

So basically the Necromunda bases are crisp, but the sculpts are simple and shallow. Hope they make them in 40mm so I can finally rebase my army to Zone Mortalis without having to use the outdoorsy industrial Sector bases.

Hope they make them in 40mm so I can finally rebase my army to Zone Mortalis without having to use the outdoorsy industrial Sector bases.

Not being rude, but how are you calling these outdoorsy?...no gravel,sand,dirt or debris to suggest that?... :sweat:

med_gallery_9146_6928_132260.jpg

Mithril

The grating makes it look like an industrial complex, which are typically outdoors, even when roofed. Think the scenery it goes along with, or the walkways around a nuclear power plant.

Interior bases, on the other hand, would be like the Necromunda ones. Ship decks, Space Hulks, and Zone Mortalis typically have a single slab aesthetic. The two-level design of the Sector Mechanicus bases screams outdoors/open area, and not cramped interior.

I would say they are definitely crisper then Sector Imperialis, although they feel kinda samey. Also, you apparently get them a random number of each.

Checking my 25mm, I have 14 from underhive, 20 from 2 packs of 10 and 10 from the barricades and objectives. Here is a picture how many of each sort I got from each pack.

Only the 14 from Underhive in top left had one of every sort.

Of my 10 32mm, 7 are the same, then 2, and 1. Although there seems to only be 4 variants of the 32mm, I still missed one.

fair enough, but iv'e seen many an industrial building interior and storage warehousing with mesh decking in real life ... :happy.:

anyways, each to their own.

@ Silas7 - Not a Problem mate, when i finish some i'll post em up in a day or so, i myself hated the last batch of bases that they made (a friend has his army on them and although his army is awesome i still think the bases are naff)

Ever since they made the New "outdoorsy" :tongue.:  Sector Mechanicus bases and these new Necromunda ones i can say they def are much better !!

Cheers, Mithril 

I would say they are definitely crisper then Sector Imperialis, although they feel kinda samey. Also, you apparently get them a random number of each.

Checking my 25mm, I have 14 from underhive, 20 from 2 packs of 10 and 10 from the barricades and objectives. Here is a picture how many of each sort I got from each pack.

Only the 14 from Underhive in top left had one of every sort.

Of my 10 32mm, 7 are the same, then 2, and 1. Although there seems to only be 4 variants of the 32mm, I still missed one.

Wow that's really odd, did the bases come on a sprue or were they pre-clipped? If they were on a sprue you probably should have gotten a more even distribution.