Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ultramarine Game

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

M@verik115

M@verik115

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 675 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
A side scroller old school indie game featuring the wacky adventures of an Ultramarine called Ishagu ;P 

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/file/71bni7r1tpy42px/ultramarine.zip]http://www.mediafire.com/file/71bni7r1tpy42px/ultramarine.zip[/url]

Edited by Brother Tyler, 03 December 2017 - 05:40 PM.
Link enclosed in code tags

My Youtube Channel 'Maverik 115'

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,835 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

Not gonna download stuff from random links lol

• BrotherAtrox likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,981 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
Risky click of the day
  • Halandaar likes this

Not 1 Step Backwards

Not 1 Step Backwards

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 577 posts
The classic Ultramarine game has been released as freeware by its developer, Abel Alves.  Link:

[url=http://www.comicsabelalves.com/p/ultramarine-retro-game.html]http://www.comicsabelalves.com/p/ultramarine-retro-game.html[/url]

Don't feel bad you didn't get to play this when it initially came out.  It had a very limited release in European arcades and was ported to the Amiga and Commodore 64 back in IIRC the late '80s maybe?  The graphics were awesome for the time (still really holds up IMHO) and featured a rocking soundtrack and even some voice acting (like when picking up special/heavy weapons).

My favourite aspect of it is how it used EARLY 1st ed Rogue Trader terms, like instead of Multimelta it says "Fusion Rifle".

Just two pieces of advice for new players:

1. don't save your special/heavy weapon ammo as it's plentiful, just use your guns as soon as you get them

2. destroyed vehicles have a lingering explosion, you'll see it, just wait until the animation's done before proceeding

gallery_57329_13636_321026.jpg

Btw, I was kidding when I said this game came out in the '80s.  It's an awesome new game designed in that 8-bit style, totes fan-made.

Edited by Brother Tyler, 03 December 2017 - 05:30 PM.
Link enclosed in code tags

• BrotherCaptainArkhan, Reldn, Brother Lunkhead and 4 others like this

BrotherCaptainArkhan

BrotherCaptainArkhan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,851 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sons of Tyr

You had me going that there was actually a 40k game released in the 80s. Good one. biggrin.png

• Not 1 Step Backwards and Kierdale like this

B0BsTLO.jpg   vV378By.jpg

Calyptra

Calyptra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 267 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Eldar
It's no Shovel Knight, but it still has a certain charm.
  • Not 1 Step Backwards likes this

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 521 posts
  • Chapter Name: Lamenters

So much fun!!!

Krash

Ad Victoriam

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,042 posts

Ha, I thought that Chaos Gate was out for free ermm.gif  but this looks fun, love the trailer.

Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Spoiler

lajetee.jpg

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,904 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords Legion
This is beautiful
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 236 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Marines, Necrons
I'm getting a weird message when I go to the site and hit download. Says something about needing a software update, but I'm unsure that it's on the level. Has anyone else had this problem? I'd love to play the game and it'd be a shame if I couldn't because the download link got hacked/bugged/other. I've never downloaded a game like this before so I am unsure just what to do and if this redirect software page is legitimate or not.

One thing that had me suspiscious is the fact that I get a 'don't leave this page' message when I click the 'x' to close the browser.

Spoiler

Here's the text of the thing, minus the download instructions and EULA of the software (removed for wall-of-text-ness).

I am redirected to
[url=https://freesoftwarestation.com/campaign/finishsing2/?ID=asplyx&sub=asplyx&subid=101&NPOP=1&S2=443acaa0-c7d6-47ce-bf8a-37810a9ccf02]this[/url]
link.

Edited by Brother Tyler, 03 December 2017 - 05:27 PM.
links enclosed in code tags

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel.

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts

"When two railroad trains meet at a crossing, each shall stop and neither shall proceed until the other has passed." Old Texas Law

Dawn Blades Iron Guantletgallery_4664_12529_16642.jpg

Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 0/2/0

Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0

Swarmlord Unleashed

Swarmlord Unleashed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,691 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hive Fleet Chimaera, Renegades

Mate thats a virus, delete what it downloaded on your computer and close the tab. You clicked on an ad instead of the main download button, I'll show you the real download button in your inbox.

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gif

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,142 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Order (Dark Angels)

not even going to muck with this.

• Not 1 Step Backwards and The Wolfguard like this

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

Not 1 Step Backwards

Not 1 Step Backwards

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 577 posts

Thanks for giving us a heads up about this.  I didn't come across the issue, so I tried to reproduce it on different browsers (which I keep for exactly this sort of reason).

I also reckon you clicked an ad instead of the download button, because I literally saw an ad designed to look like a download button, on this download site:

gallery_57329_13636_24658.jpg

This is just a sample, ads are generated based on your locale, etc.  And as you well know, by design they're trying to incentivise people to click on them.

Mentioning this because it's not this developer's/artist's fault.  He just wanted to share something cool.  The only problem was he used a free hosting service, which happened to have shady ads depending on the broker (and remember, they don't even pay HIM, he's got nothing to do with it).  I think he should have just gone for something simpler like OneDrive or Google Drive.

I don't know this guy, but I'll try to pass on word of this issue and recommend he use a better hosting service instead.  Thanks for the heads up.

• D3L likes this

M@verik115

M@verik115

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 675 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

I posted this up the other day, but admin deleted it :( 

My Youtube Channel 'Maverik 115'

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 236 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Marines, Necrons

Thanks for the help guys, downloaded it without further trouble and am having great fun playing it. Key-binds are a little odd, and I haven't gotten past the 1st level, but those are personal things and not the developer. Fun game, and I am glad he made it. 

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel.

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts

"When two railroad trains meet at a crossing, each shall stop and neither shall proceed until the other has passed." Old Texas Law

Dawn Blades Iron Guantletgallery_4664_12529_16642.jpg

Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 0/2/0

Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0

NTaW

NTaW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,291 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
Plugged in a controller and made it to level 2, Necrons are brutal. They get back up shooting and you can't kill them while they're laying down (that I've found anyway).

Not 1 Step Backwards

Not 1 Step Backwards

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 577 posts

I contacted the guy behind this, just thanking you on his behalf for your comments.

I talked to him about using something like Google Drive, thanks to your suggestion.  As soon as I looked at the download link I immediately saw anyone could have come across the same issue and I really appreciate your pointing it out.  Dude's just a fan making stuff for fans.

The Orks stage took me another try.  Remember on the boss, you can backtrack and retreat to grab the other weapon.  The Necrons are kicking my butt right now.  They got the "I'll Be Bach" thing and shoot me from behind after I get past them.  It's totally do-able, but it's like the NES style where I have to learn the stage.

Totally understand if people don't want to download this in an age of Russian and North Korean hackers and just scammers everywhere.  I just want to say this is the most fun 40k game since DoW II for me.  I kinda want to make a 500 pt Ultramarine army based on this concept, but I gotta play further to figure out what to take.

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,628 posts
  • Chapter Name: Neo Zeon

Plugged in a controller

Keyboard controls are killing me, wish I had a controller too. cry.gif

It's pretty cool, exactly like I remember these games being. Maybe someday I won't suck so hard at it...

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

NTaW

NTaW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,291 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

Dang. Went to play today and the game failed to launch. Deleted and re-downloaded, same error. Womp womp :(

Sonminiser

Sonminiser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts
  • Chapter Name: SM (IF), Khorne Daemons

Keep getting a error "Load File Seems Corrupt"

Not 1 Step Backwards

Not 1 Step Backwards

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 577 posts

Thanks for the heads up.  If you don't mind doing this one favour, please maybe let us maybe your Operating System or any possible reason for the error.

I'll email the guy again and point him to this thread, so that he may study and fix the issue for you and all other players.  Thanks a lot in advance.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,732 posts
  • Chapter Name: VIIth Legion

I posted this up the other day, but admin deleted it sad.png

Yes, it was hidden by one of the moderators because it wasn't an official product and because of the potential for malware. After discussion among the mods and admins, it was decided to allow the link, as with any other announcements of homegrown things.

Since the potential for malware (not of the product itself, but via the site from which it is downloaded) has come to fruition, all of the links are now enclosed in the code tags. Anyone that wants to get the game is still free to follow the URL, but has to manually enter/copy and paste the URL.

And I've merged M@verik115's original topic and Not 1 Step Backwards' follow-on.

Be careful what you download.
  • Marshal Rohr and M@verik115 like this

gallery_26_548_2975.gif
gallery_26_548_5714.png
gallery_26_548_11725.gif
gallery_26_548_4490.png

Sonminiser

Sonminiser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14 posts
  • Chapter Name: SM (IF), Khorne Daemons

I have windows 10, I extracted all three files and put them into the same folder. Not sure what other diagnostics I can preform, I'm not super computer savvy.

Not 1 Step Backwards

Not 1 Step Backwards

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 577 posts

Thanks for responding, Brother.

I have windows 10, I extracted all three files and put them into the same folder. Not sure what other diagnostics I can preform, I'm not super computer savvy.

I'm not sure either, but in the off-chance it helps, I have 5 files in my folder.  1 of them is the Readme file, which isn't required, but this might be something to check for:

gallery_57329_13636_10388.jpg

Swarmlord Unleashed

Swarmlord Unleashed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,691 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hive Fleet Chimaera, Renegades

Everything but the Readme file is required. That's probably where the issues are coming from.

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users