Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2,000 Death Guard/Nurgle Daemon list

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Fhanados

Fhanados

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts

Hi all,

With the impending release of my favourite Death Guard model, the Blight Hauler, I've whipped together a bit of a mixed list trying to make the most of the Daemon keyword on some of our units. The general idea is to use Nurglings as shields against alpha strike deployment shenanigans, Heralds & casters to buff the Daemon engines and for the Drones and Haulers to do the heavy lifting. The Palanquin Sorcerer is there purely to get access to Heretic Astartes powers.

Batallion (Chaos Daemons)

HQ Epidemius 100

HQ Herald of Nurgle 70

HQ Herald of Nurgle 70

TR Nurglings x3 54

TR Nurglings x3 54

TR Plaguebearers x20 140

Outrider (Death Guard)

HQ Malignant Plaguecaster 110

110 HQ Sorcerer on Palanquin of Nurgle, Bolt Pistol, Force Sword 135

FA Myphitc Blight-Hauler x3 - 426

FA Bloat Drone: Plaguespitterx2, Plague Probe 158

FA Bloat Drone: Plaguespitterx2, Plague Probe 158

FA Bloat Drone: Hvy Blight Launcher, Plague Probe 159

FA Bloat Drone: Hvy Blight Launcher, Plague Probe 159

TR Poxwalkers x20 120

TR Poxwalkers x20 120

My main concern is that I might be lacking punch. Plagueburst Crawler or Predator are obvious candidates to fill this gap, but I don't own either and would rather not spend $100+ on something I need multiples of.

radionausea

radionausea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts
  • Faction: Nurgle, Ministorum
I'd try and get the Plaguebearers up to max size of 30. The -1 to hit above 20 models really helps their survivability. And put an Icon and Instrument on them!

(they only have leadership 7 but the icon means on a roll of a 1 for morale you get d6 back).

Which powers are you planning to take from Dark Hereticus?

It looks good to me anyway. Tough infantry, tough, fast and plentiful vehicles to split the enemy fire.

Amon777

Amon777

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts
Few thoughts. With so many pox walkers you are shooting yourself in the foot by not taking Typhus. Switch the sorcerer for him. Next, the heavy blight launcher is statistically inferior in any shooting scenario to the plaugespitters. Or you can go full CC with the fleahmower but the heavy blight launcher is just bad.

I feel you are lacking heavy hitters. You have bodies galore, which is great, but you need some stuff to actually kill things either in shooting or CC. Demon princes, Morty, properly supported and kitted plauge Marines could all help.

It's disappointing but at the moment (pre-codex) the only good demon choices are heralds and nurglings. Death guard do everything else better so I'd swap the demons for more DG stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users