Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Necromunda Scale?

Necromunda game

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Arganias

Arganias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
Forgive me if this has been asked, I couldn't find it on the search.

I was wanting to know how big are the new Necromunda models, especially house Escher. I know Goliath are about as tall as Primaris Marines and bulkier, but I was wondering if it generally followed 40k scale.

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,570 posts
  • Chapter Name: Carcharodon Astra

They are in scale for 40K. They are noticeably bigger because a) they have very high shoes and B) they are fairly big women. But if you remove the shoes and compare them to a normal 40K human, they are not very much bigger.

• DexC likes this

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

Arganias

Arganias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

That's a relief! I was wanting them as an inquisitorial bodyguard. I wanted a Necromunda, house Escher Inquisitor; thought it would be cool to have her bring some of her ganger sisters with her.

I thought their backstory could be they helped repel a genestealer cult incursion then one of them worker their way up.

Swarmlord Unleashed

Swarmlord Unleashed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,696 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hive Fleet Chimaera, Renegades

These guys are the same height as GSC, Guard, and Tempestus, whoever told you they were the size of Primaris was talking bull.

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gif

OnboardG1

OnboardG1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 320 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords
They're bang on the height of a Catachan guardsman sans heels and hair.

Ave Dominus Nox.

Kastor Krieg

Kastor Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,961 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
Escher perfectly fit the scale of DE Wyches.
  • Arganias likes this

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

psp20ZC.jpggallery_45765_12908_1745.png

Necromunda conversion thread: Beastmen notGoliath! Dark Eldar notEscher!

Dark_Master

Dark_Master

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 711 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels
Slaaneshi cultists inbound

DM
  • Doghouse and Arganias like this

ETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,579 posts
  • Chapter Name: Summoners

That's a relief! I was wanting them as an inquisitorial bodyguard. I wanted a Necromunda, house Escher Inquisitor; thought it would be cool to have her bring some of her ganger sisters with her.

I thought their backstory could be they helped repel a genestealer cult incursion then one of them worker their way up.

Yeah that'd work well. Inquisitors seem to employ whoever they want to get the job done so hiring a gang certainly wouldn't be out of the question, especially as no one will miss them if things go wrong...

• Arganias likes this

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

SHADOW WAR: HORUS HERESY PROJECT RULES

http://www.bolterand...r-horus-heresy/

Arganias

Arganias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

Yeah that'd work well. Inquisitors seem to employ whoever they want to get the job done so hiring a gang certainly wouldn't be out of the question, especially as no one will miss them if things go wrong...

I really like that angle.

Veteran genestealer fighters with years of brutal close combat experience that no one will miss?

I thought lore wise, the inquisitor might give a minor group of Escher gangers better weapons, in exchange for not blamming the inquisitor in the back. Either that, or the Inquisitor was an Escher. Or both!

*As for the scale... it did seem really weird that GW would abandon the scale of 40k for a game that takes place in that universe. GW, especially new GW, seems to like conversions.

Edited by Arganias, 30 November 2017 - 01:25 AM.

• Doghouse likes this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,579 posts
  • Chapter Name: Summoners

What you have to remember is that life in the 40k universe is on a huge brutal scale. Inquisitors will willingly sacrifice an entire planet to prevent the spread of a truly terrify foe. Regardless of who is on it if the situation is dire enough they are going to be spamming the exterminatus button. Equally they could send hundreds of thousands of troops into a conflict that could last decades and cost billions of lives.So if you look at it from that angle a handful of gangers is going to be less than nothing to them if you wanted to go that route.

You could go the option of I've hired these gangers because they are the only forces available, they have local knowledge but ultimately they are an expendable tool to get the job done. Or you could go with the idea of your Inquisitor being a former ganger, has ended up with an investigation on her home world and has hooked up with her old gang.

As Inquistiors are secretive types you wouldn't necessarily need to reveal to the gang that she is even an Inquisitor. Maybe she is using her former loyalty of her gang mates to her advantage.

I think as far as scale goes the Orloks are going to be one of the main factors in scale. Goliaths are typically over the top steroid jocks and Eschers are mostly wearing heels so it can give the appearance that the scale has shifted. As far as the old metal minis are concerned then yes scale has shifted a lot but those models aren't really available outside of the likes of ebay so won't be relevant to most other than the die hard fans of the game. 

• Arganias likes this

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

SHADOW WAR: HORUS HERESY PROJECT RULES

http://www.bolterand...r-horus-heresy/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Necromunda game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users