AoF move out of transports

bkde

@Drider, yep that was the paragraph I was referencing.

@Dracpanzer

"Units do not count as being on the table for the purposes of abilities or auras"

I could be mistaken, but I don't think this is in the rulebook. As stated above from Pg. 183 the correct wording is:

"Embarked units cannot normally do anything or be affected in any way whilst they are embarked. Unless specifically stated, abilities that affect other units within a certain range have no effect whilst the unit that has the ability is embarked."

The wording is important "the unit that has the ability is embarked"!

Forgive me for not being at home with my rulebook.

The wording is important. First sentence. "Embarked units cannot normally do anything or be affected in any way whilst they are embarked." This settles it for me, the Repressor rules allow a unit to shoot during the shooting phase while embarked. Were it not for the Repressor the embarked unit cannot do anything or be affected in any way, and because of the Repressor rules they can only shoot out of it. This sentence applies to embarked units.

The wording is important. Second sentence. "Unless specifically stated, abilities that affect other units within a certain range have no effect whilst the unit that has the ability is embarked." This is talking about units like the Canoness being unable to provide their re-roll 1's effect to other nearby units while they themselves are embarked.

An embarked Canoness can't give anyone a re-roll. A Canoness who isn't embarked in a vehicle could give re-roll 1's to units within 6" who are either disembarked infantry or vehicles with the necessary keywords. A unit embarked in a Repressor within 6" of a Canoness would not get to re-roll 1's because it is embarked and cannot be affected in any way. The embarked unit could shoot in the shooting phase however because the Repressor rules specifically gives them that ability.

Thanks Drider!

@dracpanzer

Again, sorry, but you're adding in wording that simply is not there. I think you and I will have to agree to disagree until the FAQ comes out.

Edited by bkde

I've had a reply from the GW Community team.

Warhammer 40,000 Hey ***, we've passed this on up to the rules team to take a look at. 

For now we'd be inclined to agree with **** given as how generally rules that are an exception to the norm will say so - as Act of Faith does not specify that is can be used by an embarked unit, we would assume that it cannot be.

personally I've never played it that you could because of the ambiguity of it. Which is why I say that since the repressor point increase the immolator is a real option worth considering. In most of my games if i don't get 1st turn then 2 out of 3 of my transports have been opened anyway and that's with doing vanguards so that they are in celestine's bubble to give them a 5++. More often than not doms in repressors just feel like bullet magnets.

I've had a reply from the GW Community team.

Warhammer 40,000 Hey ***, we've passed this on up to the rules team to take a look at. 

For now we'd be inclined to agree with **** given as how generally rules that are an exception to the norm will say so - as Act of Faith does not specify that is can be used by an embarked unit, we would assume that it cannot be.

Yep. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.