Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GW Community Survery

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Not 1 Step Backwards

Not 1 Step Backwards

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts

Just a humble reminder/suggestion if you want your voice-of-customer to go through to GW's decision makers:

Remember GW's head of marketing is an ex-Microsoft Xbox guy.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/bobbyddutch

He won't be reading all our comments, he probably has staff who skim over the for him, but they know their boss and will likely pass on up customer verbatims that would appeal to him.  See how he wrote his LinkedIn profile, he talks about partner ecosystem, change management, process management, etc., whereas other marketing types would talk about bring concepts and kicking off ideas and innovating.  I know this type, they're good guys, responsible, but they react to certain things.

In short, just a humble suggestion to know your audience as you're filling out the survey.  This is how change happens.

• Master Commander Ajax likes this

phoenix01

phoenix01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

I mentioned Bolter and Chainsword as my source of hobby news.

• DuskRaider, Master Commander Ajax, Azekai and 5 others like this
Captain Fabian
Album: Ultramarines
26 images
0 comments

8.jpg

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,266 posts
  • Chapter Name: Chaos

I mentioned Bolter and Chainsword as my source of hobby news.

lol yeah me too. I mean there isnt an official twitter is there? For GW that is.

• phoenix01 and Sete like this

"We will never be free..."

Aegir_Einarsson

Aegir_Einarsson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
BT codex or suplement posted:) Maby 1000 comments make there work?:)

gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpg

USNCenturion

USNCenturion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 190 posts
I name dropped B&C and asked for an official GW Twitter too.

Also mentioned Battlefleet Gothic any chance I could 😊. This old SWO wants naval battles back!
  • Master Commander Ajax, phoenix01, Iron Father Ferrum and 3 others like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,262 posts
  • Chapter Name: 7th Terran Regiment
The bitz purchasing I mentioned in the conversion question section.

rendingon1+

rendingon1+

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 834 posts

Voted for Templars and Mordheim!

• Sete and ShadowCore67 like this

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,725 posts

Just a humble reminder/suggestion if you want your voice-of-customer to go through to GW's decision makers:

Remember GW's head of marketing is an ex-Microsoft Xbox guy.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/bobbyddutch

He won't be reading all our comments, he probably has staff who skim over the for him, but they know their boss and will likely pass on up customer verbatims that would appeal to him.  See how he wrote his LinkedIn profile, he talks about partner ecosystem, change management, process management, etc., whereas other marketing types would talk about bring concepts and kicking off ideas and innovating.  I know this type, they're good guys, responsible, but they react to certain things.

In short, just a humble suggestion to know your audience as you're filling out the survey.  This is how change happens.

god, now I want a new AAA

banana

Ammonius

Ammonius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 995 posts
  • Chapter Name: Adeptus Mechanicus

I made sure to text my friends about the survey, name dropped B&C, bragged about how many piles of money I spend on GW stuff per month, and then told them that my enjoyment would be most improved by a 40K AdMech transport with legs, not wheels or tracks :)

• Battybattybats likes this

Call_of_Chaos_Banner_03_Completion.jpgCall_of_Chaos_Badge_06.jpggallery_60727_6036_5452.pnggallery_30308_9518_3604.png

caladancid

caladancid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 350 posts

Yeah I also mentioned B&C for news.  Asked for better/more upgrade sprues for generic kits (of all factions).

Cap'm Heckus

Cap'm Heckus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 411 posts
  • Chapter Name: ACD: Agamemnos Civil Defense
Damn. Wish I woulda thought of Troll bits...

Did my BT and Mordhiem duty.
  • Sete likes this

" We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?"  -Captain Zapp Brannigan

http://heckusminis.wordpress.com/

gallery_29004_6198_4761.png

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,909 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Brass Stampede

A decent first attempt. I sincerely appreciate the outreach on GW's part. Long overdue!

I do however wish they included more questions specifically related to gameplay and balance, points costs, etc. as opposed to leaving that up to the person taking the survey to point out specifically. Pure speculation, but the lack of anything really related to gameplay suggests to me that this is still really among their lowest priorities. 

Pure futility, but I couldn't help repeatedly mentioning their products are overpriced. :P

• Brother_Bethor likes this

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,005 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure
I kinda wish I could add to my answers. So mch stuff I forgot to mention. :P
At least I mentioned B&C two or three times as well. ^^

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

TheOneTrueZon

TheOneTrueZon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 570 posts
  • Chapter Name: Silent Sword Crusade

Represent.

Spoiler

• Ammonius likes this

"My blood is the same colour as yours. And what I do, I do to protect Earth, same as you. You don't like how I do it, that's your prerogative. But there are things going on out there that you know nothing about. Threats to the human race that no one never hears about, because we stopped them. There are dangers all around us. And whether you like us or not, we may be all that stands between you and the abyss."
- Bester, Babylon 5

http://www.bolterand...-sword-crusade/

http://www.bolterand...age-of-silvana/

http://www.bolterand...primal-marines/

gallery_45765_12908_58195.png ETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificer gallery_38474_6916_25817.jpg

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,824 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cadian 317th

Did my civic duty.  Back to the trenches!  :D

Losing 'hope' after 10k years just because of a big warp storm? Doesn't sound like my Blood Angels.

Never had hope to begin with; they had duty, and that was enough.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gif

Corswain

Corswain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,478 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ist, IVth and VIIIth Legions
This is great, I really hope they publish the results in full.

I mentioned my dislike of Primaris twice and asked them not to squat regular Marines. I encourage all who feel the same way to do the same. And even if you don’t feel the same, do the survey - it might not make a difference but we can at least try and GW doing this is a positive thing.
  • Robbienw and Captain_Krash like this

Ovidius Incertus

Ovidius Incertus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,053 posts
  • Chapter Name: Flesh Tearers

I thought that was a nice survey, albeit long (comprehensive, though).

I'd love a voucher from them to go along with the 25 dollar one I got from FW in an old drawing.  Wonder if they could be combined?

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpg

stuanor

stuanor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18 posts

I asked why Primaris and normal Space marines can't use each other's transports and weapons and why certain characters can use transports in 30K but not the same transports in 40k (that are still in great quantities in existence). 

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,517 posts

It is nice that GW starts doing market research, big change from few years ago, when it was claimed to not be needed.

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 30 November 2017 - 07:48 PM.
=][= Removed derogatory comment. =][=

• hopkins likes this

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,266 posts
  • Chapter Name: Chaos

I asked why Primaris and normal Space marines can't use each other's transports and weapons and why certain characters can use transports in 30K but not the same transports in 40k (that are still in great quantities in existence). 

lol do you really not know?

"We will never be free..."

stuanor

stuanor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18 posts

lol do you really not know?

Of course I do (lol)...

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,322 posts
  • Chapter Name: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels
I took it.
I criticized them about implementation of the new Primaris lore, but kept my opinions reasonable and civil.
  • Master Commander Ajax and Son of Carnelian like this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png  sml_gallery_86352_12089_1713.jpg gallery_86352_11358_29365.png

Instagram : m0nolith_

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ω XX Ω
Nice to see this.
Main thing I forgot to say is please can we have digital ruleset which updates with changes and new units etc rather than all the books.
  • MyD4rkPassenger and stuanor like this
Unnumbered Sons - Greyshield Primaris log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

MyD4rkPassenger

MyD4rkPassenger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts
  • Chapter Name: CSM/Imperium

I appreciated the fact this even exists so I tried to be as reasonable and honest as possible.  I mentioned I get all my news from community sites like this one, praised things like the painting tutorials and how things like shadespire and necromunda enhance the overall experience of the hobby.  I couldn't help myself and mentioned how I think rules and books are handled and implemented much better with AoS (free warscrolls, and free core rules, optional books.  Not carrying around rulebook, CA, index, codex) really couldn't help myself and jokingly added my requests for custodes 30k rules ports and deep strike back.  While I don't expect big changes (like the custodes stuff) I appreciate they seemingly want to know more of our habits and desires for the hobby.  Good move on GW's part with this imo

Edited by MyD4rkPassenger, 30 November 2017 - 07:10 PM.

gallery_63428_7083_6894.pngNostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png gallery_48988_10069_47070.png

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,496 posts
  • Chapter Name: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard

The fact that GW is issuing surveys like this at all is a good sign. I like being listened to as a consumer!

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 30 November 2017 - 07:49 PM.
=][= Removed quote and related comment. =][=

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pnggallery_63428_7083_8312.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users