Raven Guard and Successor Dice interest thread

WAR

FIRST and FOREMOST- I am not taking charge of this run.....I am Super busy with the 501st Legion and Rebel Legion Costuming clubs, My paintball team, and Work, so my time is limited so I it would be impossible for me to run everything smoothly as I would like.

This is an interest thread to see if we have enough interest to do a run, like the Black Templars do every so often. Plus we dont want to bog down and distract from TheWarriorHunters Awesome Thread

The company want to go through is here

From the Custom listing:

Limitations and Possibilities

• This is not a photographic process. Full color is not available.
• Any line graphic or text is possible.
• Very fine detail can be achieved.
• Production runs of 10 dice or more are possible.
• This unique process and great Chessex dice colors are a fantastic combination.

Capabilities:

• We can offer this process on six-sided dice with pips (spots) where the customized side is on the 1’s or the 6’s side in about 15 of our most popular colors.
• We can also offer this process on dice that can have all the sides customized.
• We have limited edition 20mm and 22mm dice that can be customized on all the sides.
• If you have a need for anything not covered by the above, please ask and we will see if it is possible.

Pricing:

10-25 dice: $1.00 per side
26-99 dice: $0.75 per side
100-199 dice: $0.60 per side
200-499 dice: $0.50 per side
500 + dice: $0.42 per side
Please contact us for projects larger than 500.

• These prices are for the 16mm six-sided dice and include the die itself.
• All orders must be accompanied with a credit card or Paypal.
• Shipping costs are added to all orders.

Limitations and Possibilities
• This is not a photographic process. Full color is not available.
• Any line graphic or text is possible.
• Very fine detail can be achieved.
• Production runs of 10 dice or more are possible.
• This unique process and great Chessex dice colors are a fantastic combination.

Capabilities:
• We can offer this process on six-sided dice with pips (spots) where the customized side is on the 1’s or the 6’s side in about 15 of our most popular colors.
• We can also offer this process on dice that can have all the sides customized.
• We have limited edition 20mm and 22mm dice that can be customized on all the sides.
• If you have a need for anything not covered by the above, please ask and we will see if it is possible.

Pricing:
10-25 dice: $1.00 per side
26-99 dice: $0.75 per side
100-199 dice: $0.60 per side
200-499 dice: $0.50 per side
500 + dice: $0.42 per side
Please contact us for projects larger than 500.

• These prices are for the 16mm six-sided dice and include the die itself.
• All orders must be accompanied with a credit card or Paypal.
• Shipping costs are added to all orders.

As you can see the more dice we order the cheaper it will be.

Ideally we will have regional people to run as the hub for US (Claws and Effect has volunteered for the Midwest US) and UK/Europe (Damo1701 has volunteered)

Example of Dice Already run by Race Bannon a while back:
38721677982_d890112717_k.jpg

Here is an image of the dice run I was apart of from a FB Group (mine are the black and red Fluer de lis dice) . I ordered @ Oct 18th and getting shipped from Chessex to the guy in charge of the run and then shipping them out to everyone. He said was would take about 8 weeks for him to get them 36 dice shipped from Canada was $40.50
gallery_26778_12913_19679.jpg

If Interested just post in here, with user name, logo you want, amount, and color from chessex so we can get a list going:

Members interested:

War009- Raptor 12+ Recon dice

Dice to be made:

Raven Guard

Raptors

To clarify, we can provide the image to be used? For example, my own successors chapter symbol?

Once we find an organizer we should be able to

I'd take at least 12 Raptors dice. As for the logo, I'd prefer the filled version (like salamanders dice on the pic), not just the outline (like Race Bannons Raptors dice), which one do you intend to order?

I agree filled in

To clarify, we can provide the image to be used? For example, my own successors chapter symbol?

Once we find an organizer we should be able to

Awesome.

I would volunteer as either an Eastern US hub or as organizer, whatever is needed.

Otherwise, I would be interested in getting a set of 36 Lustrous Black with Gold dice featuring a custom chapter insignia that I can provide to whomever is needed.

A couple notes (I have been in recent contact with Chessex as well, I was giving Christmas ideas out to my SO):

Their list of colors is quite extensive, and I have a recently generated list in my e-mail. I can post it when I get home from work if there is interest.

It would appear they pre-manufacture these dice in advance, because their color selection varies and can go in and out of stock (also varies by whether you want the 1 or 6 replaced, aka the "blank" side)

When I read their instructions, I thought the cost would be related to a specific dice color and artwork in order to get the price break.

I made the assumption that if you had differing colors and designs that each one would be its own "pricing bracket"

Is that not the case, and the pricing is just based off the total dice ordered? If so then we could save quite a bit!

I ordered earlier this year and can give input. I ordered three different colors with their own symbol.

Pricing bracket is not based on total order (unless they've changed).

Pricing is based on specific die + symbol + what side symbol goes on.

So if 10 people each want 24 dice but each person has a unique color/symbol you will have 10 pricing brackets because they're different. It will not be based on the pricing tier for 240 dice.

Here are my thoughts:

Pick two types of dice, (i.e. RG and Raptors). Pick one color for each, one symbol for each - now you have two types of orders. Everyone sign up for one or both and pile in.

So Pentharian, you said you'd like you're own symbol on 36 dice (so I'm guessing not RG or Raptors). You would be better off putting in your own order directly to Chessex for that. If you add that to the group buy (if it happens) then your specific order is going to complicate things, not provide any pricing benefit, and you'll still have to pay for the hub organizer to ship it to you.

Here are the dice I ordered. I ordered 12 of each. I didn't get a price break for 36 dice. I had to pay as if I placed three separate orders since I had three types of dice.

FWfllMP.jpg

Oh, and since it was mentioned at the top, go check out my plog and give me feedback. I love hearing about what you like, don't like, or would like to see!

Concerning filled in image: when I had the dice made in 20 ... 10? ... Chessex said they couldn't make such a large area full of color. I can't remember why, so I had the outline made 'cause it was either that or nothing. It may be different now, and the RG symbol is not so ... Bulky.

I ordered earlier this year and can give input.

That sounds both reasonable an appropriate. In light of that, I would forgo getting the Chapter Symbol in favor of the standard Raven Guard with the forum peeps, to help drive the price down.

Still volunteering the time commitment as either a shipping hub or organizer or both. Dunno who's making that call.

I’d say we do raptors in recon (green with black specks) And rg in black

I nominate our mods to make that choice Pentharian

I'm a big fan of the pearl white and black pips TWH has shown.

Also got me wondering on an official B&C dice as well (Gemini Black Red w/ Gold pips - B&C logo on the 6)

This was the colors list as of Oct 31st:

Opaque Yellow/black

Opaque Orange/black

Opaque Red/white

Opaque Green/white

Opaque Blue/white

Opaque Purple/white

Opaque Grey/black

Opaque Black/red

Opaque Black/gold

Translucent Clear/white

Translucent Yellow/white

Translucent Orange/white

Translucent Green/white

Translucent Blue/white

Translucent Purple/white

Borealis Light Green/gold

Borealis Purple/white

Gemini Black-Blue/gold

Gemini Black-Copper/white

Gemini Black-Gold/silver

Gemini Black-Green/gold

Gemini Black-Grey/green

Gemini Black-Purple/gold

Gemini Black-Red/gold

Gemini Black-Red/white

Gemini Black-Shell/white

Gemini Blue-Gold/white

Gemini Blue-Green/gold

Gemini Blue-Magenta/gold

Gemini Blue-Orange/white

Gemini Blue-Purple/Gold

Gemini Blue-Red/Gold

Gemini Blue-Red/White

Gemini Blue-Steel/white

Gemini Copper-Green/white

Gemini Copper-Steel/white

Gemini Copper-Teal/silver

Gemini Gold-White/black

Gemini Green-Gold/white

Gemini Green-Purple/gold

Gemini Green-Steel/white

Gemini Green-Yellow/silver

Gemini Orange-Yellow/black

Gemini Pink-Black/white

Gemini Pink-Purple/white

Gemini Purple-Red/gold

Gemini Purple-Steel/white

Gemini Purple-Teal/gold

Gemini Steel-Teal/white

Gemini Teal-White/black

Leaf Black Gold/silver

Lustrous Black/gold

Lustrous Bronze/white

Lustrous Gold/silver

Lustrous Green/white

Lustrous Purple/gold

Lustrous Slate/white

Marble Ivory/black

Mother of Pearl Blue/silver

Mother of Pearl White/black

Nebula Black/white

Nebula Blue/white

Phantom Black/silver

Phantom Teal/gold

Scarab Blue Blood/gold

Scarab Jade/gold

Scarab Royal Blue/gold

Scarab Scarlet/gold

Velvet Black/red

Velvet Blue/white

Velvet Bright Blue/silver

Velvet Copper/white

Velvet Green/white

Velvet Pink/white

Velvet Purple/white

Velvet Red/white

Velvet Silver/white

Vortex Blue/gold

Vortex Bright Green/black

Vortex Green/gold

Vortex Orange/black

Vortex Purple/gold

Vortex Teal/gold

One tip, in finding their colors it's much easier to go to Google and type in "Chessex <color combo here>. That'll be much less frustrating than trying to search for it on their site.

Oh I was thinking white on black, but those black on white ones are sexy...

Gotta rep the veteran 1st company.

Concerning filled in image: when I had the dice made in 20 ... 10? ... Chessex said they couldn't make such a large area full of color. I can't remember why, so I had the outline made 'cause it was either that or nothing. It may be different now, and the RG symbol is not so ... Bulky.

As you can see my symbols were filled in (actually they're drilled out). I'm guessing their technology changed and they can now make that accommodation. 

EDIT: a word

Volunteering for UK/EU distribution hub.

I'd be after something like 12 Raven Guard dice. White on black, or black on white.

Only if there is enough interest though. Might be easier for the US brothers to gain the numbers.

Evenin' Brothers,

Funny enough, I had recently ordered custom dice through Chessex:

Exorcists Dice:

Exorcists Dice

Exorcists Die

All in all satisfied with how these turned out, went with Velvet Red/White

Raptor's Dice:

Raptor Dice [Olive Green WIP]

Raptor Die [Olive Green WIP]

I originally ordered them Gemini Green-Steel/White but wasn't thrilled with the brightness of the green.  Took a stab at it with a rattle can of Krylon Ultra Matte Camo paint (shout out to The Yak for the suggestion on color, as well as Race, war009, and Eisenhorn for the inspiration).  Thinking of hitting a few of them with subtle camo patterns, maybe some khaki, black, and coyote.  After that, fill in white for the pips and seal these falcons.  What you guys think?

I originally ordered them Gemini Green-Steel/White but wasn't thrilled with the brightness of the green.  Took a stab at it with a rattle can of Krylon Ultra Matte Camo paint (shout out to The Yak for the suggestion on color, as well as Race, war009, and Eisenhorn for the inspiration).  Thinking of hitting a few of them with subtle camo patterns, maybe some khaki, black, and coyote.  After that, fill in white for the pips and seal these falcons.  What you guys think?

Make sure you give them a good finish or varnish or something after you're done painting. All that rolling around and jumbling while carrying will chip the paint pretty quickly. When I painted a set of dice up for use in custom objective markers, I just used some 'Ard Coat and that did the trick, but I imagine any finishing agent would do.

Archived