Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FW Friday: SO MANY SCORPIONS

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,700 posts
  • Chapter Name: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

THEYRE EVERYWHERE!

https://www.forgewor...ical-Sqaud-2017

99020187343_RedScorpionsMkIVTacticalSqua

https://www.forgewor...d-Veterans-2017

99550101159_RedScorpionsVanguardVeteranU

https://www.forgewor...s-of-Badab-2017

99020187345_VeteransofBadab01.jpg

https://www.forgewor...Ordon-Rift-2017

99560101568_CasanSabiusSiraeKaragon01.jp

https://www.forgewor...-the-Risen-2017

99560101536_CarabCullntheRisen01.jpg

https://www.forgewor...Collection-2017

Rules download for the Regents and Culln:

https://www.forgewor...ragon__2017.pdf

https://www.forgewor..._Risen_2017.pdf

• Centurion Jay, Brother Lunkhead and Ishagu like this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,570 posts
  • Chapter Name: Carcharodon Astra

I wonder why they tossed past Culln in so many of the bundles. Seeing the VV kit on the new plastics and with their new paintjob is cool though.

Edited by Tyberos the Red Wake, 01 December 2017 - 09:01 AM.

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,963 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
Great news for scorpion lovers!

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

A D-B

A D-B

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,352 posts

History will so, so remember our era as the Age of Space Marine Characters With One Foot On a Little Rock.

May they judge us kindly. So let it be written. So let it be done.

• Race Bannon, Flame Boy, Blindhamster and 25 others like this
Note: Everything I say is my own personal opinion as hobbyist, a novelist, and the world's slowest painter. It's not intended to reflect back on Games Workshop in any professional context.

Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

++ ÆDIFICATOR BARBATOS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,000 posts

I'm glad they've re-done and re-released the Scorpions, but I am bemused by a few things:

> The heads - most seem to be mk4 anyway, so aside from a few with Aquila on them, why are these in resin?

> The jump packs - Aquila on the exhausts via a brass etch seems to be much more sensible?

> Odd to not just have shoulder pad pack, an upgrade set (few heads, torso, weapons, etc), and then sell the "full body" Sergeant(s) separately. Seems like it would make much more sense that way, and would follow how the HH stuff is sold.

Anyway, not a complaint, just seems... Odd.

• grailkeeper likes this
My Dark Angels 5th Company Painting Log (NB: images are now all fixed!)

Zopha

Zopha

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Fists/Imperial Fists

Am I missing something or are the resin torsos for the tactical squad pretty much the same as the plastic ones included in the MK IV box?

gallery_45765_11559_23075.pnggallery_45765_11565_21922.png

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,314 posts
  • Chapter Name: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

History will so, so remember our era as the Age of Space Marine Characters With One Foot On a Little Rock.

May they judge us kindly. So let it be written. So let it be done.

Make fun of that little rock if you have to, but time and time again that rock has made my marine reach the next level of badassery.

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png  sml_gallery_86352_12089_1713.jpg gallery_86352_11358_29365.png

Instagram : m0nolith_

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,570 posts
  • Chapter Name: Carcharodon Astra

I'm glad they've re-done and re-released the Scorpions, but I am bemused by a few things:

> The heads - most seem to be mk4 anyway, so aside from a few with Aquila on them, why are these in resin?

> The jump packs - Aquila on the exhausts via a brass etch seems to be much more sensible?

> Odd to not just have shoulder pad pack, an upgrade set (few heads, torso, weapons, etc), and then sell the "full body" Sergeant(s) separately. Seems like it would make much more sense that way, and would follow how the HH stuff is sold.

Anyway, not a complaint, just seems... Odd.

My guess is just repacking existing upgrade kits, or to prevent complaints that "they didn't give us the resin heads". The upgrade kits are from a time when plastic Mk IV didn't exist so I can understand why they're here, even though they're now redundant. I think if you buy the 30K Mk IV upgrade + plastic Mk IV combo you will also be left with spare heads.

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,557 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

I wonder why they tossed past Culln in so many of the bundles. Seeing the VV kit on the new plastics and with their new paintjob is cool though.

The TDA Culln could simply be his successor wearing his panoply. 

Check out my Photobucket Here

DuskRaider's 40K Death Guard: A Return to the Past

DuskRaider's Word Bearers Shadow War Kill Team & INQ28 Chaos Coven

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,981 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
How do you know that guys is a high ranking officer?
He as a rock under his foot! And rocks can only be tamed by Officers!
  • Flame Boy, jeremy1391, Plaguecaster and 2 others like this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,057 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sanguine Eagles, Death Guard

Culln and the command models are really awesome, almost enough to make you want to start an army (as if I need more Astartes)

BUT....What exactly is the need for 10 resin MKIV torsos and Heads in a bundle with a plastic MKIV Tactical Squad?!

gallery_84244_13371_906.png gallery_84244_13422_1322.png gallery_84244_13956_2427.png gallery_84244_13422_1754.jpg gallery_84244_11417_12782.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpg

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,380 posts

Scorps are cool.

Death-Grip is baller.

Can't wait to see their chapter tactic in Cyraxus.

gallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg 30k WIP Thread: Talons : 40k WIP Thread "You would not cut down a tree with a sword, neither will you pierce a heart with an axe."

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,057 posts

Also:

The Vexilla Imperialis is one of the Red Scorpions’ most precious relics. It is more than just a Chapter Banner; the High Lords of Terra awarded it to the Red Scorpions as a mark of triumph following Commander Culln’s successful pursuit of the Badab campaign.

Rules: "It's just a Chapter Banner".

• Race Bannon, phoenix01, Marshal Loss and 3 others like this

gallery_84244_13371_906.png gallery_84244_13422_1322.png gallery_84244_13956_2427.png gallery_84244_13422_1754.jpg gallery_84244_11417_12782.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpg

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 946 posts

Some of Culln's purity seals and scroll thingies are hanging awfully close to his heavy flamers...

Looks like the Red Scorpions are doubling down on their paranoia about genetic purity in the wake of the Indomitus crusade. Looking forward to seeing how this interacts with the primaris thing. FW have shown some primaris marines but feels like it could go either way.

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 607 posts

It all definitely seems to be leading upto a Fires of Cyraxus release........... but when ( outside of "2018"?)

Xwingt65

Xwingt65

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,107 posts
  • Chapter Name: HH Hobby Bee.
That dred is mine. MINE
13.jpg

The 40k fluff explained to an outsider:

Some space elves got really into drugs and sex and a big scary monster got born that ate them.
A space wizard got beaten up by a guy who said he was his friend but wasn't and now he's on a life support machine and people worship him because he was super awesome.
Now there are giant men with rocket launcher machine guns and 4 hearts and are really super awesome who beat up everything.
Also there's a bunch of aliens but they don't really do anything and aren't as cool as the rocket machine gun super men, so who cares?

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,924 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Tears

Culln and the command models are really awesome, almost enough to make you want to start an army (as if I need more Astartes)

BUT....What exactly is the need for 10 resin MKIV torsos and Heads in a bundle with a plastic MKIV Tactical Squad?!

There's no need, but, as Tyberos said above, the upgrade kit with the pads and torsos also comes with heads since they existed before plastic mk IV did. 

Plus there are some subtle design differences between the resin and plastic helmets, I still prefer the former.

Hadn't noticed Dread Culln's Apothecary purity seal before. Awesome. I love the diversity of FW' seals. Really wish you could buy a pack of ones with different wax bits like there used to be (aquila, crux, aquila in a circle, skull).

I feel like I need the two new PA guys, but £60 is a lot. Really would like to be able to purchase them without the scenic base which I'm sure has added at least £20 to the price tag.

Edited by sockwithaticket, 01 December 2017 - 10:02 AM.

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,864 posts

Never mind heads, these always come in handy, but why they thrown dozen Mk IV torsos to Mk IV tactical squad box? To artificially inflate price? Can you even get Mk IV legs separately anywhere?

I also like how they didn't bother to upgrade Sergeant Culn and he still has 25 mm base and Mk VII legs/arms/backpack in the pic advertising Mk IV box. They could refresh random dudes with largely identical parts to new bases but not centrepiece character that could really use picture showing full Mk IV look? whistlingW.gif

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,924 posts

Never mind heads, these always come in handy, but why they thrown dozen Mk IV torsos to Mk IV tactical squad box? To artificially inflate price? Can you even get Mk IV legs separately anywhere?

I also like how they didn't bother to upgrade Sergeant Culn and he still has 25 mm base and Mk VII legs/arms/backpack in the pic advertising Mk IV box. They could refresh random dudes with largely identical parts to new bases but not centrepiece character that could really use picture showing full Mk IV look? whistlingW.gif

Again, they're part of the RS upgrade kit they're bundling. Now you can argue they should amend the upgrade kit to not include these things since they're now largely redundant. but I imagine they've got old stock to use up and/or will run the existing mould down until restructuring to just pads plus special helmet and torso.

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,057 posts

On reflection it's not such a bad thing, as a set of 10 MKIV plastic legs runs to about £8 on eBay, so for that price you can effectively build a whole extra squad.

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,924 posts

And since when have GW cared about giving you more torsos than you have legs for? Or more heads than bodies?

Edited by sockwithaticket, 01 December 2017 - 10:17 AM.

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,057 posts

And since when have GW cared about giving you more torsos than you have legs for? Or more heads than bodies?

It's not usually twice as many  :P 

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,924 posts

It's not usually twice as many  tongue.png

Think of all the vehicle crew popping out of hatches you can now build!

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,347 posts
  • Chapter Name: Confessors

Oh god if they ever make scorpions parts for primaris marines I might have to bite the bullet.

An army being led by a leviathan dreadnought chapter master with the kick ass death grip rule? That's so freaking metal!

Cactus, on 04 Mar 2013 - 13:10, said:

The_Chaplain hath spoken so here endeth the debate! 

Check out my space marine DIY, The Confessors here

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png 35499214321_eaf52ccf5f_o.gifgallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gif

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,864 posts

In fact, it's even sillier than I thought, they built VV kit twice (there are photos of that upgrade on both VV unit and on regular assault squad, though I have no idea who would waste it on them) but couldn't do a single guy who besides ancient parts has 15 year old, really pixelated photo? rolleyesclean.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users