Horus Heresy: Legions - Card game

They are 2 years late with this gravy train :dry.: Literally every single major developer has one now or is about to release one, maybe in 2015 they would stand a chance but now...?

Yeah, I have to agree, I don't see myself playing this much after the beta. Maybe try the Iron Warriors when they release them but if the game doesn't do well they may not even be able to get there.

Still waiting on my beta invite.  Got an email weeks ago saying i was accepted and that it would start soon.

To all the detractors: this is a BETA.  I'm actually surprised the publishers are allowing this kind of disclosure during closed beta, as the video in the original post will likely bear little resemblance to the finished product.

Still waiting on my beta invite.  Got an email weeks ago saying i was accepted and that it would start soon.

To all the detractors: this is a BETA.  I'm actually surprised the publishers are allowing this kind of disclosure during closed beta, as the video in the original post will likely bear little resemblance to the finished product.

If this was alpha test footage, id be inclined to take that position as well, but it's not, it's Beta, which by definition is a trial of the mostly-finished product that has successfully cleared alpha testing, with the majority of the mechanics already nailed down. No developer would put a game to beta if they weren't Already confident in its design at that point.

It's not impossible for it to change of course, but it's probably only significant negative feedback from testers that would cause a substantial redesign. It's uncommon for games to change fundamentally from beta to release, with most developers using them more like extended demos and marketing/hype mechanisms. What you see now is more or less what you will get, and at the moment it looks like a Hearthstone clone with worse visuals.

Looks too much like Hearthstone, a low graphic version of Hearthstone a that.

It need a lot more work before it can compete with the older games on the market.

And a stronger gimmick than just being a Horus Heresy game.

Perhaps if they made it less timeline specific and allow hero from across the Warhammer 30K and 40K battle it out.

• 3 months later...

I've been playing this game a lot and it is very fun.

I've played a lot of mobile Trading Card Games and I have to say I think this is the best. It's not pay to win. There is a fun way to just play random games when you want, but also a campaign that is working it's way every few weeks through all of the battles of the Horus Hersey. In this you can select from a bunch of pre-made decks (to ensure balance) that represent the factions fighting in each battle and then try to win the side for the Loyalist or Traitors. We just finished Isstvan II and are now moving on to Isstvan III.

The card mechanics for each legion are great, with each legion having it's own thing. Like with the Emperor's Children, if you can play a card that uses up all your Energy (leaving it at 0), they call it Perfection and that card gets something special done to it. If you like TCGs and the Horus Hersey, this game will be your new addiction.

• 2 weeks later...
I gave it a try. Can't say much good about it. It really felt too limited/constrained at the start, and I couldn't really get into it before I just ended up fed up with the computers junk.

Tried it last night. Thought it was fun and finished the mini campaign or whatever it was. I was hoping to just relax and play vs AI but can't see that option anywhere? Am I missing something?

I found an android emulator to let me play this on my desktop PC. It is very fun. I started a lodge called Palatine Blades. I wish there was a way to get the warlord you want instead of depending on random cards in the boxes though. I feel lucky to have Fulgrim.

If you like Hearthstone and want a Hearthstone type game true to the Horus Heresy and 30k then give it a shot.

I've tried it, didn't like it. You can only play it on your mobile device, not on the PC, that's a major con for me. The user interface is very clunky and once you get past the tutorial part, you are stuck with your strter deck or have to buy a complete one.

It reeks of typical mobile cash grab practices.

I've tried it, didn't like it. You can only play it on your mobile device, not on the PC, that's a major con for me. The user interface is very clunky and once you get past the tutorial part, you are stuck with your strter deck or have to buy a complete one.

It reeks of typical mobile cash grab practices.

I've not spent a penny and have multiple great decks now.

Get your free 6 hourly crates

Win 5 battles

Use the tickets for winning 5 battles to play in the campaign battles

All get you cards that stack up quickly into good decks.

The only downside is waiting to get the characters to unlock the deck.

I've been playing it for about a week now. It's fun but I wish there was a reliable way to get the warlord that you want. I have enough warlords for all of the legions, but they're all loyalists and I just wanted traitors. I do like that they're making new cards every other week, but I wish that they wouldn't be determined by the winning side of the tournaments.

Archived