Horus Heresy: Legions - Card game

I think you are also Limited to 20 Members in a Lodge.

This is correct.

I've tried it, didn't like it. You can only play it on your mobile device, not on the PC, that's a major con for me. The user interface is very clunky and once you get past the tutorial part, you are stuck with your strter deck or have to buy a complete one.

It reeks of typical mobile cash grab practices.

Go get KOplayer or another android simulator. It lets you play on your desktop PC. Trust me, that's the only way I'm playing this game.

I've been playing this game a lot and been pretty active in the community.

The "not being able to get the Warlord I want" has been a big complaint by many people and the Devs are working on it. Just this week, two Warlords have appeared in the store to purchase.

The other issue of it being too limited (i.e. no way to craft the cards you want, only through luck can they be acquired) is the other big complaint and the Devs say they are working on a new Economy system that they will be rolling out soon.

If you like mobile trading card games and the Warhammer world, this is the ultimate game. And while there are some issues with it now (mostly the limited access to cards) the Devs are very actively working with the community to make this the best game possible. And right now people are not spending money because there's no guarantee of getting the cards you want, so this will change soon.

Seems fun but has the same flaw of other online card games - really only one strategy to win. Sure, you have a lot of cards, but in all the games I played the bunker, nuke, punch strategy was used by every single person I played against. Mostly because it's stupid easy to kill any card and there are no other win conditions (milling, poison counters, etc). Its like red and green from magic use the hearthstone deck mechanics.

Still threw some money at the devs for their efforts. I won't be spending anymore until I see Dark Angels.

I have played the game quite a bit starting during the closed beta. 
Its actually fairly fun, but it does age eventually. 
As with all card games, the more cards you have, the more tedious it gets to build a deck and the current layout is a bit frustrating to work with. 
On the plus side, the game play itself is actually pretty solid, oh and did I mention the lovely art? 
Yes the card art is a HUGE plus for this game. The veteran in me loves the combination of HH artwork with that of the grittiness of 3rd/4th edition 40K and forgeworld. 

Seems fun but has the same flaw of other online card games - really only one strategy to win. Sure, you have a lot of cards, but in all the games I played the bunker, nuke, punch strategy was used by every single person I played against. Mostly because it's stupid easy to kill any card and there are no other win conditions (milling, poison counters, etc). Its like red and green from magic use the hearthstone deck mechanics.

Still threw some money at the devs for their efforts. I won't be spending anymore until I see Dark Angels.

I would disagree about it only having one strategy. The one you mentioned is not the one everyone is complaining about right now (which is an agro rush), which has a few decks that can counter it quite well. But... I do concede that there are only a few strategies that are worth playing these days. But that is the great thing about this game, they plan on adding all the Legions, so with each new Legion there will be a new type of deck with new possibilities (and hopefully if they balance it right, at least one new strategy that is top tier).

I also can't wait for Dark Angels... and Word Bearers... and Sisters of Silence... and Custodes.

There are different ways to play, absolutely. Once they start adding other Legions they will have their own unique way of playing. Like Night Lords might have some "return to owner's hand" mechanic to symbolize their terror tactics or Imperial Fists will have the Front line out the wazzoo to represent their fortification skills. Iron warriors could have "ignore front line" or "destroy structure" like crazy for the same reasons.

I think you are also Limited to 20 Members in a Lodge.

This is correct.

I've tried it, didn't like it. You can only play it on your mobile device, not on the PC, that's a major con for me. The user interface is very clunky and once you get past the tutorial part, you are stuck with your strter deck or have to buy a complete one.

It reeks of typical mobile cash grab practices.

Go get KOplayer or another android simulator. It lets you play on your desktop PC. Trust me, that's the only way I'm playing this game.

Just a head's up that KOPlayer steals your data. If you use it, make another account just for it.

As far as tactics - yeah you can try to build a theme, but the tactic will always be to board wipe your opponent and attack. There are only two card types, fixed resource generation and no regions.

It works for what it is - 5 - 10 minute card game. But that burns through replay-ability very quickly. They're going to need to add new card types, similar to artifacts, enchantments, lands, etc in MtG or new cards are going to be more of the same, with a tiny bit of flavor.

It's not that it isn't fun, but it needs more variety.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HS became more and more a RNG game in which you can win with a single card through sheer luck. Depressing and entertaining at the same time.

Is Legions already available or when will it ne released?

HS became more and more a RNG game in which you can win with a single card through sheer luck. Depressing and entertaining at the same time.

Is Legions already available or when will it ne released?

it's already available for download. I play it almost daily.

It has been available for like two or three months now. I play every day. It is fun. I just wish they would nerf World Eaters. Seeing nothing but Angron and Khârn is a little boring.

It has been available for like two or three months now. I play every day. It is fun. I just wish they would nerf World Eaters. Seeing nothing but Angron and Khârn is a little boring.

Are you in a lower tier? World Eaters are tame compared to emperor's children and the life drain BS. 

Are you in a lower tier? World Eaters are tame compared to emperor's children and the life drain BS. 

I'm at Terra level. I most play Emperor's Children and Death Guard decks. All you see at Terra level is Angron, Khârn and Abby. Non stop.

I'm at Terra level. I most play Emperor's Children and Death Guard decks. All you see at Terra level is Angron, Khârn and Abby. Non stop.

Khârn an abaddon are easy enough to deal with, but Angron and his damage and high health is just stupidly difficult. Fought against no less than twenty separate Angron decks and only won once.

• 2 months later...

I gotta say i Absolutely love this game, I am trying to hard to make Khârn work but he hits himself so often it drives me nuts. I actually play a different opponent almost everytime. 

Also is there any significance to the world your on when you battle?

The planet you're on is just a reflection of your current # of ranking points. The higher you go, the closer you get to Terra, which is the 2500 point mark. 

Fantastic game, I love it and it helps fill the void in my heart for a 40K themed card game since the revocation of the GW licensing killed off Conquest.

Archived