Including Chapter Approved in List Building

Prot

Quick general question:

Are there any psychic powers so far that have a "weapon profile"? Like "the targeted unit suffers 2D6 S4 AP- hits" etc or is it either mortal wounds or no damage at all? Because I really miss those weapon profile powers. 

Nop everything is MW based. But targeting vehicles only with a powers could be a possibility. But there are not such powers yet as far as i'm aware.

I can see doombolt coming back. We wont get a bolt of change as anti tank because tz demons already have it and its for a chaos spawn.

Doombolt might be something like:

Doombolt (Warp Charge 7): Target unit within 18" suffers a Mortal Wound. If the target is a Vehicle, it instead suffers d6 wounds. In addition, if the vehicle Explodes!, add 3" to the radius of the explosion and 1 additional Mortal Wound on top of any other damage the exploding vehicle causes.

But with a fekking garbage power like Tzeentch's Firestorm I don't seem much hope for good powers.

I expect that we will get the Webway 1/3 CPs thing that space wolves and DE/eldar got.

Edited by Archaeinox

I can see doombolt coming back. We wont get a bolt of change as anti tank because tz demons already have it and its for a chaos spawn.

Doombolt might be something like:

Doombolt (Warp Charge 7): Target unit within 18" suffers a Mortal Wound. If the target is a Vehicle, it instead suffers d6 wounds. In addition, if the vehicle Explodes!, add 3" to the radius of the explosion and 1 additional Mortal Wound on top of any other damage the exploding vehicle causes.

But with a fekking garbage power like Tzeentch's Firestorm I don't seem much hope for good powers.

I expect that we will get the Webway 1/3 CPs thing that space wolves and DE/eldar got.

Was thinking of something similar for doom bolt yes.

Yeah, the tzeentch firestorm was really big letdown for me as well. Very little understanding about what our army needs.

I mean i get the idea behind it, sniping characters. But trying to snipe characters with such a poor chance of success is just sad. Other shooty based armies blow away 30% of you stuff in a single phase. And here you come:" gosh i hope i can kill that character with a spell that does 0.8 MW average a turn" You need on average 3 turns to kill a basic character, while other armies table you in that same time. 

I tried Firestorm again friday night against an Ultramarine bike list with 2 Land Raiders : failed to cast it twice, and last time it did 1 MW...

Warp Charge 7 is clearly the silliest part of it. The same psyker inflicted 8 MW throughout the game with Smite. Even Infernal Gaze did more damage.

Edited by Nym

Doesn't Firestorm (9*1/6) and Infernal Gaze (3*.5) both average out to 1.5 mortal wounds per casting? Or am I mistaking names and math?

I don't understand how two powers that average the same amount of wounds can be in the same list of options unless it is a GW game. Infernal Gaze seems to be the best option with the warp charge 5.

I just understand GWs development you take AoS Tzaangors and the icon each "psyker" within 9" gives you a chance (4+) to do a MW to a unit with 18" then the wh40k icon of flame is just garbage. Tzeentch firestorm is more useful in AoS. Its almost like well lets just water it down and slap Thousand Sons on it and call it a day.

magnus have mercy guys; this thread is dark and full of despair. 

lol, Does no one think we will end up with a decent book?  A spell like that in our lore sucking (assuming it stays the same) does not mean the "entire" book will be corrupted with suck :p 

Look at the Death Guard, they wont throw us under the bus. I think our rules once we get them will be fine, ironically it seems like no matter what thread I go to regarding 8th I see this same depressing song and dance taking place for basically every army bar none. 8th was a huge shift. 

lol, Does no one think we will end up with a decent book?  A spell like that in our lore sucking (assuming it stays the same) does not mean the "entire" book will be corrupted with suck :tongue.:

Look at the Death Guard, they wont throw us under the bus. I think our rules once we get them will be fine, ironically it seems like no matter what thread I go to regarding 8th I see this same depressing song and dance taking place for basically every army bar none. 8th was a huge shift. 

Look, I love everything about the Thousand Sons, I just don't have faith the design team will do them justice, and the design is a little all over the place like they have really good ideas, but the execution is just like 15 degrees off cool.

Are we thinking flyer? TSons aren't allowed Fire Raptor because...?

You cannot choose for
a Hellforged Rapier Battery, a Chaos Hellwright or
a Chaos Hellwright on Dark Abeyant to be from the
Thousand Sons.

Fire Raptors are still a go.  Filling one of those up with Tzaangors could be fun.

lol, Does no one think we will end up with a decent book? A spell like that in our lore sucking (assuming it stays the same) does not mean the "entire" book will be corrupted with suck :p

Unless you were Tau, Necrons or Eldar, it doesnt sound like many armies got undivided love and attention in past editions and people were hoping that would happen across the board in 8th. Sadly it hasnt been the case.

I admit they did do several "drop and go' codexs, but we don't know if thousand sons will be that. I personally don't think so, I think we will at least get a couple kits. 

We have 6 currently boxes (dont get me wrong; great kits). Death Guard have 13.... THIRTEEN.  This doesn't include the "snap fits" or the "easy to build" or "Dark Imperium" releases as some of those have overlap. 

I don't see us being a "drop and go" codex. I mean....if it happens so be it, but I don't really see it. I cant see a reason why they wont toss in even 1-2 kits, Basically every book is getting some kind of single plastic release of some variety (even if its re-treads from triumvirate releases) 

I think we will get some form of release, I mean what we have now (rubrics, scarab, tzaangors) are all pretty great overall but we need the strategems and warlord traits/relics to support, beyond that do we really *need* much else?  Aura-buffs, for certain would be a tremendous help and make Exalteds worth taking over Ahriman. and assuming a smite-nerf were going to need some help in that department. 

I for one am conservatively optimistic for our Codex. As in:

-1 or 2 new kits
-Unique discipline
-Some decent, competitive synergies

Of course, my wishlist is a bit longer than that. What I WANT is a cohesive representation of the Thousand Sons as a fighting force in the 42nd millennium, complete with the Cult Arcana rules and preferably with less birds and dinosaurs.