Blood Angels Codex brief review

JamesI

Does Lemartes still give DC rerolls to charge? Descent of Angels with Lemartes next to a DC unit, even if they leave him behind would they rerolls at 3d6?

They said on twitch lemartes still has the reroll.

Question:. Do librarian dreads have any options this time? That other arm is fairly useless.

Can you please give me some info on Seth?

Seth is now ap-2. That is all I see.

Does Lemartes still give DC rerolls to charge? Descent of Angels with Lemartes next to a DC unit, even if they leave him behind would they rerolls at 3d6?

Yes, that would work.

How many points are DC base in the book? If they have the same rules a points break would be good..

17/20 with packs.

They said on twitch lemartes still has the reroll.

Question:. Do librarian dreads have any options this time? That other arm is fairly useless.

No other options.  The force halberd has better AP, the fist higher strength.

I don't know if this can be answered, but i hope it can, regarding this part of the codex :

" - Colour schemes and heraldries for 8 successor Chapters: Angels Encarmine, Angels Sanguine, Flesh Tearers, Carmine Blades, Angels Vermillion, Blood Drinkers, Knights of the Chalice, and Lamenters; "

Does the successors have a little presentation page of their background, like in the 7th edition codex (or like the "new" hive fleets have in the 8th tyranids codex, with an Artwork/background/history), OR, a more plain presentation like the successors chapters got in the 8th Space Marines codex ?

DoAing a 15 man unit of DC could be pretty fun, but too bad they've pretty much remained the same.  I'm still leaning towards vanguard vets being the superior option of the two so far.

The news about Dante is rough.  I was hoping he'd get cheaper or more abilities to offset his cost.  However, I think his to-hit reroll bubble is still pretty useful for babysitting fire support elements then mid-game using wings of fire to reposition to the front.

Sanguinary guard going down in cost is good news.  Sanguinor with a unit of SG and FNP banner is going to be really strong.

I heard something about Sanguinary Guard getting their own aura as a unit, is that true?

Any changes to dreadnought Blood Talons that make them worthwhile?

Sanguinary Guard do not have an Aura other than possible deathmasks.

Blood Talons are a straight 3 damage now, reroll hits and wounds. Strength +4, Ap-2.

Blood talons sure have uses now. Does the DC dread got the 40pts reduction as the normal furioso ?

Oh sorry... if you cant answer how many points Dante is. Can you tell me how many hes dropped.

I know alot of people are disapointed by him. But hes my favourite character and I actually found him pretty good even at his current price!

Oh sorry... if you cant answer how many points Dante is. Can you tell me how many hes dropped.

I know alot of people are disapointed by him. But hes my favourite character and I actually found him pretty good even at his current price!

same cost as index

I heard something about Sanguinary Guard getting their own aura as a unit, is that true?

Any changes to dreadnought Blood Talons that make them worthwhile?

Sanguinary Guard do not have an Aura other than possible deathmasks.

Blood Talons are a straight 3 damage now, reroll hits and wounds. Strength +4, Ap-2.

Blood talons sure have uses now. Does the DC dread got the 40pts reduction as the normal furioso ?
38 point reduction for dc dread

Can Primaris apothecaries take grails?

sadly, no.

Are Volkite chargers available to terminators? Thanks in advance ^_^

Tartaros terminators only.

What's the 6th warlord trait?  We know:

1) +1 damage to a weapon

2) the feel no pain one

3) 6" heroic intervention

4) always fight with the chargers

5) 6" immune to morale bubble

6) ?

Also, did they take weapon options away from the sanguinary priest?  Can you have a terminator one?

Thanks in advance

What's the 6th warlord trait? We know:

1) +1 damage to a weapon

2) the feel no pain one

3) 6" heroic intervention

4) always fight with the chargers

5) 6" immune to morale bubble

6) ?

Also, did they take weapon options away from the sanguinary priest? Can you have a terminator one?

Thanks in advance

Deny the witch once a turn, or one more than normal if you already have deny. That is Astorath's warlord trait.

Sanguinary priest has no optins at all. If you want anything other than bolt pistol and Chainsword, use the index entry.

Is there any strat for attacking twice?

yes, 3 CP for any infantry or biker.

Sanguinary Guard got cheaper.  base cost is now 20.  And with Angelus bolters cheaper, that makes the minimum cost per model 35 points.

So I take it that means the Encarmine Glaives are 12 points. That seems pricey given that you can get a power fist for the same price to ensure you are wounding anything less than a Land Raider on a 2+.

Thanks for taking the time to share all this with us.

There anything at all interesting about anything primaris?

Any interesting melee relics?

I didn't notice anything different, but I have never used Primaris so its hard to be sure. Red thirst on primaris looks good.

Fluff question: it was reported by some people that watched the WHTV stream that Sanguinius is now 'in bad shape/in stasis.' Is there any new lore on this in the codex itself, or was it just offhand comments from the stream/misinterpreted by the listener(s)?